Trade ideas

Entity

Hall of Famer
836D9637-A1D6-4CBF-9B6F-53CABD5F3751.jpeg

we give up pretty much all our trade assets but i think we get a piece that will work well. Not sure the feeling on Siakam or how much utah wants to rid themselves of Gobert. any suggestion on tweaks as far as picks or fillers?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
View attachment 11110

we give up pretty much all our trade assets but i think we get a piece that will work well. Not sure the feeling on Siakam or how much utah wants to rid themselves of Gobert. any suggestion on tweaks as far as picks or fillers?
This is interesting. I can't tell who wins and who loses but I still feel like something doesn't work. Toronto might need a pick to come their way and Jazz seem to be the only team adding salary which might make it a problem on their end. And yet it seems like we give two useful players to get one, a definite better timeline/fit move but in theory we lose one playable player. (we have way too many non playable players right now)

But I do feel like every team slightly improves.

View attachment 11110

I certainly like it, giving up two players many see gone soon anyways for OG. Pair him with Murray and we have an exciting young forward tandem.
All three teams have the need to shake things up a bit but im thinking Toronto especially won’t make this move.

Entity

Hall of Famer
This is interesting. I can't tell who wins and who loses but I still feel like something doesn't work. Toronto might need a pick to come their way and Jazz seem to be the only team adding salary which might make it a problem on their end. And yet it seems like we give two useful players to get one, a definite better timeline/fit move but in theory we lose one playable player. (we have way too many non playable players right now)

But I do feel like every team slightly improves.
thats why i thought it seemed doable. when you can't tell who wins and who loses. i thought about a pick for toronto but they are getting DPOY all star caliber center and a solid 15ppg sf/pf and they have been trying to move siakam for 2 years. what i thought was may drop holmes if Utah isn't interested in adding salary and give them gobert replacement with len and maybe some of our 2nd round picks from the future and we have our first round picks if one of the teams balk

Entity

Hall of Famer
I certainly like it, giving up two players many see gone soon anyways for OG. Pair him with Murray and we have an exciting young forward tandem.
All three teams have the need to shake things up a bit but im thinking Toronto especially won’t make this move.
maybe give our next years first rounder to toronto only protect it to top 3

We're not giving up enough value here. Would have to include two 1st rounders most likely (since our team would be pretty darn good after acquiring Anunoby, they may not see our future 1sts as all that valuable).

I also can't see the Raptors giving up both Siakam and Anunoby. They likely want to keep either Barnes/Siakam or Barnes/Anunoby to be the future SF/PF of the future. And I have Siakam as more valuable than Gobert in a vacuum (assuming you have it going the other way) and Anunoby is obviously more valuable than Barnes.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're not giving up enough value here. Would have to include two 1st rounders most likely (since our team would be pretty darn good after acquiring Anunoby, they may not see our future 1sts as all that valuable).

I also can't see the Raptors giving up both Siakam and Anunoby. They likely want to keep either Barnes/Siakam or Barnes/Anunoby to be the future SF/PF of the future. And I have Siakam as more valuable than Gobert in a vacuum (assuming you have it going the other way) and Anunoby is obviously more valuable than Barnes.
Yeah, I agree. I think the only way the Kings get Anunoby is if he really wants out and the Kings are able to deal Barnes and a lightly protected FRP for him.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
toronto has stated they want and elite Center for OG. thats the only reason i included Utah. but yeah id do barnes and unprotected 1st
I haven't checked to be sure, but I believe if the Raptors renounce all their free agents they should have the cap room to trade Anunoby for Gobert straight up.

That said, depending on how they view Ayton, that may be a better option for them.

I was just comparing OG and HB's stats and they are remarkably similar. Anunoby has more steals and is overall a better defender while Barnes is a better outside shooter.

But the appeal of OG is his age and the fact he's signed through the next three seasons.

I think Huerter would be a nice trade target.. ATLs got Bogdon, Hunter and they just drafted Griffin. So maybe theyd be open to moving him.
Maybe Holmes or Barnes is enough to get it done?

I think Huerter would be a nice trade target.. ATLs got Bogdon, Hunter and they just drafted Griffin. So maybe theyd be open to moving him.
Maybe Holmes or Barnes is enough to get it done?
They can’t take on the amount of cap both of them would bring. There’s talk about them trading for Dejounte Murray too for Gallinari and a bunch of 1sts. So maybe they’d be open to moving Huerter for Barnes to give them some depth at forward, especially if they move Collins. But I think they’re gonna try and keep as much of their team together as possible and make a run at it coming off such a down year.

One trade candidate I think is possible for is Luke Kennard from the clippers. We’d have to move some pieces to fit his contract but his 3PT shooting would be nice.

Edit : Starting to see people put together the idea I had, Kennard for Holmes, especially with Wall likely headed to LA after his buyout. Wouldn’t be opposed to it at all.

Last edited:
Another trade I’m still thinking on, or the rumors of said trade, is John Collins. Not sure how truthful any of it was, but he’s supposedly not a part of the Murray deal to ATL, and it’s been said throughout the offseason he’s done in ATL. I wonder if we could still swing a trade for him using Barnes, Holiday/Harkless and picks (likely a protected 1st of some degree). Picks would be the big draw for ATL since they’ll be shipping a boatload of em to the Spurs.

Might be a little log jammed in the front court but if Murray can hold down the 3, positions now a days are pretty fluid anyways but for clarification purposes, we could run Murray, Collins and Sabo together. Sabo running point from the top of the key with either Murray or Collins cutting/corner 3 might be pretty damn effective. Not to mention if we sing a Kennard trade as another shooter. Defense will be average but that’s Mike Brown’s job haha. Give each mid 30 minutes a game as any combo of them could work together if not playing them all at once.

I had read some rumors, really just people speculating, that we were still creeping on John Collins. If that’s the case some combination Barnes, Harkless, Holiday, Len and possibly Holmes are on their way out. Clears money for Collins but more importantly minutes for Murray, Collins and Sabo to run unimpeded. Lyles, Jones, possibly Metu and some one from FA to provide 3 depth will likely be the rotation at spots 3, 4, 5

1. Trade Barnes, Holiday 2025 1st rd (top5 prot) for Collins - Money Matches on trade checker
2. Use Bi-ann exception Sign Sasha for 4 Mil 3 yrs
3. sign two 3 and D Wings from SL
4. Sign FA MinVet PG

our 17 Players:

Fox Mitchell FA-Vetmin
Monk TD SL2wing
Murray Sasha Harkless SL3wing
Collins Lyles Metu
Sabonis Holmes Len Queta

Why for Atlanta?
Salary Dump , Barnes 1yr starter to win now, If Huerter traded gets back up Holiday, Gets a future 1st

1. Trade Barnes, Holiday 2025 1st rd (top5 prot) for Collins - Money Matches on trade checker
2. Use Bi-ann exception Sign Sasha for 4 Mil 3 yrs
3. sign two 3 and D Wings from SL
4. Sign FA MinVet PG

our 17 Players:

Fox Mitchell FA-Vetmin
Monk TD SL2wing
Murray Sasha Harkless SL3wing
Collins Lyles Metu
Sabonis Holmes Len Queta
No dude we can't have murray play 3 it will be ugly.

are we sure about that?
The better question is whether Monte is willing to stake his GM career on it. If it doesn't work, then that's a wrap for him as anyones GM if it not only didn't work but made a top 4 pick look like hot garbage in the process. And in the video I just watched on youtube about Vezenkov, it pretty much gave the notion that Vezenkov ain't playing any 3 in the NBA.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
B.S. hes a 4. He likes to operate in the post and his face up game doesnt look to be his strength. I'm saying it now if we play him at the 3 the season will fly off the rails.
He doesn’t “like to” play in the post though. The only reason he was even in there last season is because Fran didn’t want to change his offensive playbook from the Luka Garza years for some reason and played him as a five in the Garza slot for portions of games. If you watch his time as a rookie, you‘ll probably get a better idea of how he‘ll probably be positioned in sets.

He doesn’t “like to” play in the post though. The only reason he was even in there last season is because Fran didn’t want to change his offensive playbook from the Luka Garza years for some reason and played him as a five in the Garza slot for portions of games. If you watch his time as a rookie, you‘ll probably get a better idea of how he‘ll probably be positioned in sets.
I would love to be wrong and IRL he can slide to the wing and post effortlessly but I dont see it especially this early in his career. Monte better play his cards right here.