Trade from a hornets fan:

How would ya'll like to be a part of this trade? Emeka will not be traded unless we get hawes back(i know jason thompson is untouchable) and even hawes would be hard to pry back. But we have to make a move and break up the west/okafor combo because it is too small of a combo.

Sacramento trades:

Andres Nocioni

Sacramento gets:

Jerome James(expring contract)
Hilton Armstrong(expiring contract)

Hornets get:
Andres Nocioni
Tyrus Thomas

Hornets trade:

David west

Bulls trade:

Tyrus Thomas
Jerome james

Bulls get:

David west

Why the kings do it? get from under nocionis contract with udrih, evans, martin, garcia all in front of him. Get more cap space to bring in a good backup big man either pf or center maybe even a pf/c hybrid. Get a backup center that if he doesnt work this year will be a free agent and more cap space

Why the hornets do it? We need all the help we can get at sg/sf and peja and mo pete will probably be gone after this year and posey is already being phased out of the rotation. We get a young backup pf that can play sf depending on the matchup.

why the bulls do it? the bulls have no big men with a refined offensive game and west has one of the most valuable contracts in the league.

So we get 2 no talent *** clowns for a tough scrappy player that doesn't have the words "quite", or "give up" in his vocabulary?? Nocioni has value the way he's been playing. He's worth more than that.

You get 2 expirings to let die at end of season, or move along with KT, and we have the necessary pieces to grab anyone we want via trade. ANYONE. Dangle all that cap space in front of me and I'd send you whatever you wanted. Too bad this already involves the Hornets, I'd try to fleece them for CP3 with all that space.

You get 2 expirings to let die at end of season, or move along with KT, and we have the necessary pieces to grab anyone we want via trade. ANYONE. Dangle all that cap space in front of me and I'd send you whatever you wanted. Too bad this already involves the Hornets, I'd try to fleece them for CP3 with all that space.
Cap space isn't worth it too me to lose a scrappy player. Noc is consistant. Night in, night out, you know what you will get from him, and then he even surprises you here and there. If you look at the toughness of this team as it begins to develop you can't help but think that people like Noc have some influence on that.

All of the people who have had injuries so far have tried to give it a go before being pulled, or forced to sit down. That wasn't always the case here. I enjoy that, and I want every player that comes in to understand the expectaitons of the players on this team. Mike Singletary style. We go out, we hit people in the mouth!

Alright, point well taken. Would you rather see this go down, or the Dalembert trade that is actually a rumor?
Honestly, neither. The simple fact is Noc has value. We're not saving much this year, and the Dalembert deal hurts us until 2011, and we all know about Okafur's contract. And he's undersized. This isn't the move we want to make in my opinion.

As Bricklayer stated in another thread Evans being the man, and the sudden emergence of the young guys probably has the front office more excited than they have been in years. They are looking to be competitive and make moves that will enhance this team even more. I can almost hear Joe and Gavin turning to Geoff Petrie and saying, "Do whatever you have to do, spare no expense, get the people here that we need to make this thing sky rocket. Now is the time.". Because, they know that with each win, and even without a win every game that this team plays exciting, a few more seats will be filled.

However, if there was a time for Geoff Petrie to be a little more patient than 9 games into the season, I say it is now. We can't wait too long, because you don't know if there is a drop off then we've lost value, but Okafur and an unmotivated Dalembert are Not the answers in my opinion. I'd rather make no move, then a move for the sake of a move, to drum up short term excitement.

Last edited:
No

Players like Nocioni are extremely important for development of our young team. Kings have atm very good chemistry and he's got winner type mentality which our young players need to learn as much as possible from him.

K

Kingsguy881

Horrible trade IMO. On the bright side, the trade of Miller and Salmons looks better by the day. Love to see mr. March 27 tell us how horrible of a trade it was now that everybody and their mother wants Nocioni.

maybe at the deadline as a last resort, but since no talent or picks are coming this way and Nocioni is bringing something real to the team it is hard to get terribly excited about it. It would open up cap space this summer though. We could probably send Nocioni to a couple places if we just wanted expiring contracts. Boston for one...

However, if there was a time for Geoff Petrie to be a little more patient than 9 games into the season, I say it is now. We can't wait too long, because you don't know if there is a drop off then we've lost value, but Okafur and an unmotivated Dalembert are Not the answers in my opinion. I'd rather make no move, then a move for the sake of a move, to drum up short term excitement.
I agree with this 110%. We need to be patient. Our team is starting to show promise but it is still a long road, no need to make bone headed short term decisions to try and rush this. The ultimate goal needs to be winning a championship not making the 8th seed in the playoffs.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Any trade that requires us to look at Jerome James big butt sitting on our bench is a big NO NO NO NO from me. He represents everything that this team is not. I don't want any part of his lazy, underaccheiving, while smilling, attitude near this team....:mad:

I agree with this 110%. We need to be patient. Our team is starting to show promise but it is still a long road, no need to make bone headed short term decisions to try and rush this. The ultimate goal needs to be winning a championship not making the 8th seed in the playoffs.
This is definitely true, but it's easy to understand how the Maloofs want to get better quickly so they can get higher attendance and possible more games (playoffs), especially since I assume they've lost money the last few years. This certainly doesn't make it right, but it's easier to talk about what's right and what's wrong when it isn't us that's losing the millions of dollars annually.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Players like Nocioni are extremely important for development of our young team. Kings have atm very good chemistry and he's got winner type mentality which our young players need to learn as much as possible from him.
Any trade that requires us to look at Jerome James big butt sitting on our bench is a big NO NO NO NO from me. He represents everything that this team is not. I don't want any part of his lazy, underaccheiving, while smilling, attitude near this team....:mad:
This pretty much sums it up for me...minus the spelling errors. (Sorry guys. ;))

A

AriesMar27

i dont care for jerome james... but i would be all for trading nocioni for an expiring contract. he's scrappy but so is garcia... nocioni will never be the player that puts us over the top. who cares if he's a nice guy if we dont gain anything from having him on the court. does he really do anything on the court that garcia or casspi cant do?

Only if he is delivered in that garbage bag he stole from the Kings locker room when he left last time. Then we could could just put him straight to the curb for the next trash pickup. :p;)

i dont care for jerome james... but i would be all for trading nocioni for an expiring contract. he's scrappy but so is garcia... nocioni will never be the player that puts us over the top. who cares if he's a nice guy if we dont gain anything from having him on the court. does he really do anything on the court that garcia or casspi cant do?
If you think the Kings gain nothing by having Nocioni on the floor I think you've been watching the wrong channel during Kings games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Um, yeah. For the foreseeable future, at least, he can actually suit up and play.

All this talk about Garcia would be fine, if he weren't still months away from being cleared to play. Dalembert isn't going to make us a championship caliber team either, so getting him for one year does nothing for us. And reading the comments from at least one sixer fan, SD is exactly the type of player we don't want anywhere near our kids.

Um, yeah. For the foreseeable future, at least, he can actually suit up and play.

All this talk about Garcia would be fine, if he weren't still months away from being cleared to play. Dalembert isn't going to make us a championship caliber team either, so getting him for one year does nothing for us. And reading the comments from at least one sixer fan, SD is exactly the type of player we don't want anywhere near our kids.
It cuts the last two years of Nocioni's deal off.

Nocioni looks good and the team is winning. When we were in rebuild mode I understood the contempt for bringing Nocioni and his contract here. But now that winning enough games to possibly remain in contention is at least a possibility Nocioni becomes a valuable asset to this Kings team.