Thornton out 1-2 Weeks

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Wonder if Honeycutt will show up now or when they get back from next road trip???
I believe Honeycutt is now with the team. Doesn't mean he'll play, but if we bump Salmons to the starting SG again (which in principle I liked) that leaves Donte and 'Cisco to man the 3 and Honeycutt might see Outlaw's minutes, such as they are. It would be nice to see him get some time.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Crap. At least Thornton could occasionally shoot his way out of a slump. Things will get pretty ugly without a reliable scoring option stepping up. On the bright side, maybe Salmons steps up, fills the void, and Thornton becomes the punch off the bench. In any case, I don't know that I'd want to read the gameday boards for the next 1-2 weeks.

I believe Honeycutt is now with the team. Doesn't mean he'll play, but if we bump Salmons to the starting SG again (which in principle I liked) that leaves Donte and 'Cisco to man the 3 and Honeycutt might see Outlaw's minutes, such as they are. It would be nice to see him get some time.
I also really like the idea of Salmons at the 2 with Greene or Cisco starting at the 3... assuming Salmons plays well.

Why get Jimmer settled into a starters role when Thornton will be back in a week or so anyway? I'd rather see him find his groove coming off the bench like he will be doing all year.

In a weird way this is somewhat good news because at least it gives us a reason WHY Thornton has been struggling since he was first hurt. He was good early in the year, and has been sub par since the injury.

One more thing.... time to lower our expectations. We are missing 2 of our starting 5. Our best scorer and our best defender/leader. A few wins would be nice ... but not expected. Certainly not tonight against Denver.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He still has a big hematoma in his left thigh, no wonder he's been playing like crap! Another shooter out on a team that already can't shoot, grrrr.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2012/01/marcus-thornton-2.html
Yeah, this is not rally a surprise. Just hasn't looked like the same guy, and basically we haven't had him at full strength since Smart took over. Best to sit and try to get right so we can get him back at full strength as the scehedule softens and finally see what we have here. 1-2 weeks could put him right online to return for the national game against OKC no?