The Sweet Science

Discussion in 'General' started by Ozymandias, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Not sure if there's a boxing thread but tomorrow is Kovalev-Ward II !!!

[​IMG]

I'm also a huge boxing fan and watch tons of fights so I'll keep this updated as best I can.

Guillermo "The Jackal" Rigondeaux, one of the most skilled fighters in the world is on the undercard too. Should be quite the show.

Kovalev and his camp are quite bitter and IMO they've got good reason - I thought he won the first fight (It was close though).
  2. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Ozymandias likes this.
  3. Ozymandias

4. Ozymandias

Actually there hasn't been a post in that one since 2015... I'ma let it rest, dunno what kind of fanbase there is for this stuff but I'ma do my best to keep this updated unless it's just me talking to myself.

The Rigondeaux fight just ended under some bizarre circumstances.. Honestly it probably should've been a no-contest. However, Rigo was gonna wash him in short order so I'm not too mad with the decision. Ultimately they were both throwing after the bell, I do think that was a flop.

Now for the main event.
  5. Ozymandias

Andre Ward with a decisive victory and knockout in the 8th. He folded him and beat the fight out of him with body shots. Kovalev was gassed early. Great fight.
  6. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

:: shrugs ::

I never said it was active.
  7. Ozymandias

Oh well. This one will gain some steam. Boxing has been great the last few years, so many up and coming stars. Chocolatito vs Rungvisai II will be quite the spectacle.

and lets not forget the biggest UFC fight in history is about to take place in a Boxing ring.
  8. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

No offense, but the fact the last boxing thread died two years ago should probably tell you how much interest there is around here. ;)
  9. Ozymandias

I think there will be interest in Mayweather's quest for 50-0. He's gonna make $400MM in about a half an hour, fighting someone who'd get demolished by lesser 147lbers. McGreggor who was screaming about 60 grand in the octagon a few years back will make 20x his career earnings in exchange for looking foolish in the ring. It should be quite a demonstration.

Boxing is in the midst of a big comeback, Thurman-Garcia peaked at over 5MM viewers the highest rating on Network TV since 1998. There was the first heavyweight title fight on Primetime TV not too long ago announced by Marv Albert.

I'll be here if anyone wants to discuss past or present fights. Truth is there's easy $$$ to be made for any prospective bettor.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017