The streak is over!

Pretty sure I still have the ticket stub from LBJ first game at Arco. Pretty sure it was like $21 for an upper level ticket back then too.

Btw. You can see the Kings play the Pelicans in New Orleans for as little as $6. Don't believe me? Check it out. They need to move that franchise asap, nobody in NO gives a F about that team lol.

My farthest Kings memory is the KMart buzzer beater in Round 1 2006 when I was in 2nd grade. Since then, we haven’t had any success to speak of. It definitely wasn’t cool being a Kings fan growing up all those years lol. From watching the likes of Nocioni, Udrih, Mikki Moore, Shelden Williams, and many others guys in the late 2000s to the Tyreke era, to the Boogie era, to the early Fox era, one thing was constant - losing. Nonetheless, this was my city’s team so I had to stay loyal, no matter how bad it got.

The wait has paid off and I’m so glad I stuck it out. Now, it’s cool to be a Kings fan again and you can feel the buzz growing in the city. I’m really hopeful I can be in the building for Game 1, but either way it’s gonna be a hell of a time watching a Kings Playoff game! Let’s gooooo!!!

Hard to describe how blessed it feels to have seen this game a 20 minute walk from my front door. 16 seasons and even the last week of every game breaking towards seeing this. All apologies to everyone in Sac who deserved to see this more than we did but this will easily be one of the most unforgettable live sports experience of my life. And the Kings somehow surpass sports entirely - everything about the trauma of the last 17 years speaks to something far deeply human

lets dedicate this thread to posting things that were popular since the last Playoff appearance. I'll start..

I'm a lurker here and don't want to interrupt the party, but now I'm kind of eager to share something that probably wasn't that popular by 2006,
but still was my main way to record NBA games that usually started at 4 or 5 AM. Had a couple of games from that 2006 series as well.
IMG_1987.jpg
Also, unexpected Potapenko reference in the thread :) Well, this time Len adds that extra connection for me.
You guys deserve it! Go Kings! Light the beam!

So So proud of this team! What a ways this organization has come the past few seasons. The sky' s the limit with this young core, and I think we can make a deep run in the playoffs if everything clicks. Special congrats to Keegan for setting the record, you deserve it friend.

Off now to teach the youth of our society haha. Otw home will have to stop and get some more Cool Whip as my lady and I used all of ours last night:cool:

Light that ****ing beam!

My son was born in Aug 2006. I finally get to watch a Kings playoff series with him. I’m excited for what lies ahead.

Thank you to all who’ve been here for this long drought. The ups and many downs throughout the years. I value you all. You’ve helped keep me sane and kept me a fan when there were many times I wanted to just walk away from this team. I don’t post often, but read a lot. I’m grateful we have this forum to share in our frustrations and now, again, our joys. Light the beam.

I couldn’t even drive a car (legally) the last time Kings went to the playoffs. During the drought, I did learn to drive, got 2 college degrees, got married, had 3 kids, and recently became an uncle!

I turned off so many games in the past 17 years in disgust and tried to hang on to any bright sparks we may have had along the way. There was a period of time I didn’t post here at all as I just felt that it literally wasn’t worth my time to watch yet another horror season unfold. I don’t know what it was, but this season felt different from the beginning. We all felt it, but years of losing had us fearful and unable to see the obvious, that the Sacramento Kings were finally a good team again. They are worthy of being in the playoffs and we have 17 years worth of frustration and ***kicking to unleash on whatever team has the misfortune of drawing us. Not saying we are guaranteed to win a series, but this will be anything but easy for whoever laces up their sneaks against us. Come get some!

I was a Kings fan first back when they were supposed to win the Championship against the Lakers but was robbed by the referees (who were doing betting). Then they began to fade and drop out of the Playoffs. I couldn't see myself seeing them lose year after year. I was craving for a competitive team. I, somehow converted into a Warriors fan and enjoy their Championship runs. This year, oddly I enjoy the Kings more than the Warriors. In fact, I for whatever reason lost my interest in the Warriors this year (whether it is because they suck or because Green punching Poole)...whatever it is I don't seem to like them? Maybe they're not my real team after all? Maybe they're just an outlet where I can enjoy what I missed from the Kings after getting robbed of a Championship? I think Warriors is my secondary team and Kings is my primary team. Warriors is a just a backup where I can turn to when the Kings aren't being competitive lol.

2006...I was 22 the last time THE Kings played past game 82 of the regular season...I was getting ready to head into my final year of my Associates degree in Business Administration (Sierra College). Since then, I failed at my attempt at obtaining my Bachelors degree (Sacramento State), have gone back to Sierra College for a 2nd Associates degree (Applied Art and Design), was not able to land a job in that area (due to the lack of an extensive portfolio that I could submit along with my job applications), moved to Vegas for a job, got axed about 10 months into the job, moved back to Roseville, helped my dad out with his business until he sold it, volunteered at a therapeutic horseback riding program that my physical therapist for many years runs, went back to "school" for some IT certifications, worked at the Apple Warehouse out in Elk Grove, moved BACK to Vegas (not my choice), worked a temp job here in Vegas for a few weeks, got a job working at a help desk, only to get axed from that job about 2 months (+/-) because they realized that they need to hire someone with way more experience than what I have, got a remote position working for a bank in Southern California and, just this week, moved into another position at the bank (definitely a higher position when you look at it but, on paper, it's more of a lateral move than a promotion).

I guess the point here is....Holy crap!!! So much has happened in my life since the Kings last played past game 82 of the regular season...