The Saga of #SauceCastillo

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sorry, VF21, but the name turns me off. The story is good and fun but no.
I didn't create the name. I just helped spread the word when I found out about it because of a Twitter comment from some guy whose close caption translated "Nik Stauskus" into "Sauce Castillo". The name went viral last night and trended on Twitter (meaning it was one of the most talked-about topics on the social media platform). It's now been picked up by sports media across the country. It's different and fun and catchy. And it gave Kings fans something to smile about.

I personally think it's unique enough to be a fitting nickname for our rookie guard. It's already a sandwich at Lowbrau... the power of social media is great.

the sauce castillo nickname is kinda funny as a one-off twitter comment... and maybe i'm gonna come across like the PC police here, but it feels a bit gross and racially appropriative as a sustained in-joke, like drunk frat boys wearing sombreros on cinco de mayo...

the sauce castillo nickname is kinda funny as a one-off twitter comment... and maybe i'm gonna come across like the PC police here, but it feels a bit gross and racially appropriative as a sustained in-joke, like drunk frat boys wearing sombreros on cinco de mayo...
Sorry padrino but yeah, your coming across very PC. As soon as I saw the name I knew someone would drop the racial spin.
Thing i hate most about society today. Some of us are very quick to feel offended by the most inane things.

As a 1st gen american/mexican I find this great. Then again my pops brought me up in the sticks and stones will break your bones but words can never hurt you kinda world.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anybody else get the feeling they know what the lead-off hour of Grant's show this afternoon is going to be about? :p