The Sacramento A's Are Happening 2025-2027 (at least)

Whatever is happening with the A's, Fisher wants no part of that Oakland and it appears personal.

The A's are leaving no matter what and if Fisher would rather have business dealings with Ranadive, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Sacramento didn't create the situation, nor did it give Fisher his only "out". If it isn't Sacramento, it will be another temporary site.

I can understand where A's fans may be upset, but Sacramento residents can't fix it or feel responsible for it.
I wonder why Vivek is sonkeen on hosting the A’s here for a few years. Obviously, he’s hoping for expansion or maybe even buying the A’s if the Vegas deal falls through, but does he the have the money/team to do that? You’d think he does with how hard he is trying to bring another pro team here, but who knows…

I can understand that point of view. But the part of this I disagree about is that the A's leaving Oakland is inevitable. The city has a stadium site in place, they have public funding in place, they've lined up potential new owners, and tens of thousands of fans are actively campaigning for Fisher to sell the team to a local ownership group. John Fisher is the problem and because MLB has an anti-trust exemption, the 30 owners collectively can do whatever they want to. But Kansas City has an MLB team right now because somebody was willing to fight for them and threaten MLB with the loss of their anti-trust exemption. The same could be done today for Oakland if there was enough popular support for it.
Fischer is Manfreds really good friend so no, Oakland isn’t gonna receive any support for
keeping the A’s in Oakland. Oakland is as good as done and personally I’m not gonna shed any tears over it. That city has been an open air sewer my entire life. It’s always been poorly run and deserves to be the only city to lose all 3 of their major league franchises. If you can’t keep 1 walmart open in your city, how are you suppose to be expected to hold onto your last major league team?

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
So Pumped! When do season tix go on sale?!? WHOOHOOO
https://www.sutterhealthpark.com/athletics

From the website:

Get Priority Access to 2025 A’s Tickets in Sacramento
As announced here, Sutter Health Park is excited to welcome the Athletics and Major League Baseball home in 2025!

A’s Season Ticket Members will enjoy first priority to seats at Sutter Health Park.

All other fans can secure priority access to purchase seats for A’s games at Sutter Health Park by joining The A’s List and placing a $100 per seat deposit on a Season Ticket Membership.

You can increase your priority on The A’s List and have earlier access to 2025 tickets by becoming a Sacramento River Cats Season Ticket Member.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Whatever is happening with the A's, Fisher wants no part of that Oakland and it appears personal.

The A's are leaving no matter what and if Fisher would rather have business dealings with Ranadive, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Sacramento didn't create the situation, nor did it give Fisher his only "out". If it isn't Sacramento, it will be another temporary site.

I can understand where A's fans may be upset, but Sacramento residents can't fix it or feel responsible for it.
As a Kings fan who lived through the ordeal I hate what Oakland is going through and partnering with Fisher is repulsive but at the same time, Oakland is done. At least Oakland to Sacramento is a manageable commute - one many A's fans in Sacramento did for years in reverse. It will still be a NorCal team for a few years and maybe can stay one if Vegas falls on its face.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
The official name is gonna be………The A’s.

unbeleivable.

can’t even get Sacramento A’s gear.

it’s so like MLB and Fischer to leave all that money on the table. Sacramento fans would have bought TONS of Sacramento A’s gear.
I’m sure we’ll find some gear with both the A’s and “Sacramento” on it at SHP. It just won’t be the official team name. But I get it.

This might provide a HUGE dilemma for me in the long run...IF the A's in Sacramento works out well enough to the point at which Sacramento is then awarded an expansion franchise in the future, do I, at that very moment, pack what has been a life-long allegiance to the San Francisco Giants, and start supporting the home team? Or...do I remain loyal to the Giants, and make the home team my #2???

As a Kings fan who lived through the ordeal I hate what Oakland is going through and partnering with Fisher is repulsive but at the same time, Oakland is done. At least Oakland to Sacramento is a manageable commute - one many A's fans in Sacramento did for years in reverse. It will still be a NorCal team for a few years and maybe can stay one if Vegas falls on its face.
Ownership issues aside, idk how much different it is from Niners to Santa Clara. My family has deep roots in SF and we had traditions of meeting up, taking the shuttles to Candlestick, and pounding brewskies in the parking lot. To say nothing of long memories at that park. Santa Clara has never felt remotely the same.

I wonder why Vivek is sonkeen on hosting the A’s here for a few years. Obviously, he’s hoping for expansion or maybe even buying the A’s if the Vegas deal falls through, but does he the have the money/team to do that? You’d think he does with how hard he is trying to bring another pro team here, but who knows…
Sac would have to be one of the smallest 2-sports teams right? He's certainly betting big on growth in the city, maybe a major league park in west sac with good transit options could anchor development there if done right. And certainly Vivek showed he knows how to build an urban venue if nothing else

I vaguely wonder if a second team could even help build Sac as a destination for athletes with a full roster of pros hitting town that could slightly benefit Kings in free agency and retention but that's pretty speculative

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Ownership issues aside, idk how much different it is from Niners to Santa Clara. My family has deep roots in SF and we had traditions of meeting up, taking the shuttles to Candlestick, and pounding brewskies in the parking lot. To say nothing of long memories at that park. Santa Clara has never felt remotely the same.
If the real NBA Kings had moved to Stockton because Sac couldn't get its poop together that would have been more palatable than Seattle, Anaheim of Greater Los Angeles, or Virginia Beach (or Vegas).

I feel like keeping within geographic TV programming region and where you can still see the team is a win even if its a loss.

Same when New England Pats were considering Connecticut or St. Louis. One was still New England.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sac would have to be one of the smallest 2-sports teams right? He's certainly betting big on growth in the city, maybe a major league park in west sac with good transit options could anchor development there if done right. And certainly Vivek showed he knows how to build an urban venue if nothing else

I vaguely wonder if a second team could even help build Sac as a destination for athletes with a full roster of pros hitting town that could slightly benefit Kings in free agency and retention but that's pretty speculative
It’s currently the biggest city in America with only one major league sports team

It’s currently the biggest city in America with only one major league sports team
IF Sacramento can land a major league baseball team in the coming years, I see no reason whatsoever why the NHL wouldn't be able to work (if done right, and well).

Whew man, that would be tough.
If it were the other way around, I’d probably go to giants games here in sac but with my A’s gear. Eventually switching over and packing away all my A’s gear for the home town giants gear.

This might provide a HUGE dilemma for me in the long run...IF the A's in Sacramento works out well enough to the point at which Sacramento is then awarded an expansion franchise in the future, do I, at that very moment, pack what has been a life-long allegiance to the San Francisco Giants, and start supporting the home team? Or...do I remain loyal to the Giants, and make the home team my #2???
I had same predicament as long time San Francisco Warriors fan and even follower Oakland Oaks team from old ABA. After I moved to Sac from Bay Area to go to college at Sac State still on occasion went to Golden State Warriors games in Oakland. But 1985 when Sacramento Kings came to town very happy to permanently shift my loyalty.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
A full-time Sacramento A’s wouldn’t even be on my radar. The Giants and all their memories are what’s ingrained into my head and heart. Born into it. Was a bat boy for them because of family connections. Got to hang in the clubhouse and talked ball with guys like Kirt Manwaring and Rod Beck. All of Barry’s historic feats. Even Year Magic. The parades. Too much to just sweep aside.

I wouldn’t actively dislike them or anything… but it would be like a soccer franchise coming. It would exist here, but I wouldn’t care.

A full-time Sacramento A’s wouldn’t even be on my radar. The Giants and all their memories are what’s ingrained into my head and heart. Born into it. Was a bat boy for them because of family connections. Got to hang in the clubhouse and talked ball with guys like Kirt Manwaring and Rod Beck. All of Barry’s historic feats. Even Year Magic. The parades. Too much to just sweep aside.

I wouldn’t actively dislike them or anything… but it would be like a soccer franchise coming. It would exist here, but I wouldn’t care.
Let me clarify...If the A's were to become a permanent fixture in Sacramento, I would NOT drop my allegiance to the Giants and only become an A's fan. I just can't. Not after what that ownership group has done to the city of Oakland, and their fans.

HOWEVER, if Sacramento were to be awarded an EXPANSION TEAM down the road, THAT is where my dilemma begins. Do I then drop my allegiance to the Giants and immediately become a full time Sacramento fan, or do I keep my allegiance to the Giants, and make Sacramento my 2nd baseball team?

When it comes to the A's, I'll NEVER drop my allegiance to the Giants for that franchise. Even if my life is being threatened.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Going by Metro pop San Antonio, Portland, San Diego are all larger, but there's plenty smaller with multiple (KC, Indy, Vegas, Cleveland, prob more).
In terms of media market size, Sacramento is the 20th largest media market, and the only market in the top-20 to have only one team in the "big five" sports (including MLS). Raleigh, at #22 (Carolina Hurricanes) and San Diego at #30 (Padres) are the only other top-30 without at least two teams, though San Diego will be adding MLS next year.

If you only consider the "big four", then Orlando at #16 only has one team (Magic).