The Ringer: Golden Ones: Sacramento’s Royal Makeover Might Be Worth Tuning Into

It’s a nicely detailed and fair article. I was expecting pot shots, but she flipped the tone in much of the article by looking at the Kings through the eyes of the Kings fans. We all have the classic, “I can talk crap about the team, but nobody else better.” I’m explaining what it’s like to be a kings fan, she was able to say the things we don’t always like being said, while helping other fans understand better our misery. I also appreciated the generally optimistic (yet guarded) feelings about the future.

Great article! It’s funny how informative and thoughtful real journalism can be. This seems like a good place to mention that the Ringer Draft Class podcast team (KOC, Tjarks, and Chau) talked about “Bagley @ SF” quote and did a collective verbal shrug. Paraphrasing, but they all basically said, “Yeah, he’s got more perimeter game than you think”. Tjarks, in particular, scouts a lot of the showcases and has seen a lot of these kids over time.

Anyway, shout out to the editors at The Ringer for putting out an objective, fair product. Folks like Chris Ryan, Riley McAtee, and Juliet Litman are doing good work with a solid writing staff. Even Simmons, at least, is not mean-spirited with his jibes like Lowe, Woj, Bilas or any of the other hucksters from ESPN.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Great article! It’s funny how informative and thoughtful real journalism can be. This seems like a good place to mention that the Ringer Draft Class podcast team (KOC, Tjarks, and Chau) talked about “Bagley @ SF” quote and did a collective verbal shrug. Paraphrasing, but they all basically said, “Yeah, he’s got more perimeter game than you think”. Tjarks, in particular, scouts a lot of the showcases and has seen a lot of these kids over time.

Anyway, shout out to the editors at The Ringer for putting out an objective, fair product. Folks like Chris Ryan, Riley McAtee, and Juliet Litman are doing good work with a solid writing staff. Even Simmons, at least, is not mean-spirited with his jibes like Lowe, Woj, Bilas or any of the other hucksters from ESPN.
Simmons's jabs largely just come from a lazy "LOL Kangz" perspective and the fact that he wants us to be as bad as possible so the Celtics get a good pick next year.

Seems spot on. 7 out of 10 fans wanted Luka, but 8 out of 10 were happy with Marvin. That's me without question. I never knew what Luka really wanted, but confident what Marvin was good with, a lot like Fox the year before. Passionate players and fans for the Kings equals a bright future.

I think selecting Bagley was brilliant and a low risk move. Vlade is on the right track.

But the writing in this article is actually pretty terrible. It is windy and all over the place.