"The Return of Artest"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=3053&z=1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Story Line for Game 3 is SetWire Reports
Thursday, April 27, 2006

The story line for Game 3, scheduled for Friday in Sacramento, is "The return of Ron Artest."
And while nobody really knows what to expect from the Kings' enigmatic defensive standout, Kings' coach Rick Adelman says he will not fiddle with the lineup that nearly pulled off a victory in Game 2.
Kevin Martin, starting in Artest's spot, scored 26 points, 10 more than Artest scored in Game 1, and needed only 15 shots to get his points, rather than the 21 Artest took on Saturday, but the coach says Artest will start.
"I don't think I'd change now, Adelman told the media gathered at the Kings' practice session in Scaramento. "We need some stability. But Kevin is the guy I want to get on the floor more, more so than anybody else."
The Spurs did not practice on Wednesday, but will get together for a light practice before flying to Sacramento on Thursday. The focus will be on paying more attention to transition defense, which coach Gregg Popovich called "pathetic" in the first half of game 2.
"The first half was the most pathetic play of a transition defense I've seen in a Spurs team,'' he said. "The second half we got it together competitiveness-wise and between the ears."
Then there is the ARCO factor. The Kings always have enjoyed one of the more tangible home-court advantages at ARCO Arena, which is always one of the loudest venues in the league.
Some of the Spurs say they enjoy playing in ARCO, however.
"It's one of the oldest arenas in the league; so small and compact," said Robert Horry, the Spurs' veteran forward. It reminds (me) of the (Houston) Summit, because it's small, and the fans are on top of you. That's fun. All the other small arenas are gone now. They're all big and wide-open.
[/FONT]

Kevin Martin played a very good game the other night. Starting him ahead of Artest is a big mistake though IMO. Why give Artest a reason to come back with anything but a vengeance on Friday?

He's a better player than Martin and should be in the lineup. Bringing him off the bench to insinuate the team is better without him will do nothing but instigate trouble.

tyrant said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=3053&z=1[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Story Line for Game 3 is SetWire Reports
Thursday, April 27, 2006

The story line for Game 3, scheduled for Friday in Sacramento, is "The return of Ron Artest."
And while nobody really knows what to expect from the Kings' enigmatic defensive standout, Kings' coach Rick Adelman says he will not fiddle with the lineup that nearly pulled off a victory in Game 2.
Kevin Martin, starting in Artest's spot, scored 26 points, 10 more than Artest scored in Game 1, and needed only 15 shots to get his points, rather than the 21 Artest took on Saturday, but the coach says Artest will start.
"I don't think I'd change now, Adelman told the media gathered at the Kings' practice session in Scaramento. "We need some stability. But Kevin is the guy I want to get on the floor more, more so than anybody else."
The Spurs did not practice on Wednesday, but will get together for a light practice before flying to Sacramento on Thursday. The focus will be on paying more attention to transition defense, which coach Gregg Popovich called "pathetic" in the first half of game 2.
"The first half was the most pathetic play of a transition defense I've seen in a Spurs team,'' he said. "The second half we got it together competitiveness-wise and between the ears."
Then there is the ARCO factor. The Kings always have enjoyed one of the more tangible home-court advantages at ARCO Arena, which is always one of the loudest venues in the league.
Some of the Spurs say they enjoy playing in ARCO, however.
"It's one of the oldest arenas in the league; so small and compact," said Robert Horry, the Spurs' veteran forward. It reminds (me) of the (Houston) Summit, because it's small, and the fans are on top of you. That's fun. All the other small arenas are gone now. They're all big and wide-open.
[/FONT]
The wrong thing was bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.