The Raiders

Wow...this is UGLY. Embarrassing Monday night performance...could be a LOOOOOONG season.

Of course, as a Niner fan, I could care less, but as a Northern California sports fan, I'd like to see them play better than they did tonight.

I am not a Raiders fan, but I do watch their two weekly TV shows called "Behind The Shield" and "The Silver & Black Show". I watch it just to see how much they put a positive "spin" on things, since the shows are produced by the Raiders' publicity department. When the Raiders lose a game, they avoid mentioning the score or even the fact that they lost, and try to stress what little positives occurred in the game! They usually show the Raiders' successful plays from different angles, and give you the impression that they won, even though they lost!

It's easy for the P.R. department of a team to hype things up when the team is winning, but when the team has been consistently losing as the Raiders have for the past several years, the spin becomes clearly evident. If you watch the shows regularly, you would never know that the Raiders have a losing record!

So, I'm eager to see what they'll say this weekend after being shellacked 27-0! They will probably show more old footage of the Raiders' glory years during the 70's, and avoid mentioning last Sunday's game!

:)