The Official SPOILERS 2022 NBA Draft Thread

KF.com Existential Dread-ometer

• 51-70 (The house is on fire)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's right. I always forget that I can't give Monte credit for drafting Tyrese because "any GM could have made that pick" even though 11 GMs passed on him, including the "holy grail" management in San Antonio, literally the pick before. We also can't give him credit for Davion because "its too early" and can't give him credit for turning Bagley into DDV because Bagley is so good.

The narrative on this board is that Monte is bad because we can't give him credit for anything good. Monte has been pretty decent. Not great. Not bad. Decent. It annoys me that Kb02 and his crew have to disparage him at every step of the way by rewriting history.
You can't totally give him credit because for that to happen it had to crater the value of Fox. The credit to him is that he got out at the right moment and sold high which is well deserved. Fact is, people blasted Monte for that move and still do to this day. It was seen as a win now move and while I believe injuries and hanging onto Luke too long (Montes fault, don't feed me he couldn't let him go prior, like 3 months of not paying another coach was the difference my ***) were a factor, they are properly laid at his doorstep.

That's right. I always forget that I can't give Monte credit for drafting Tyrese because "any GM could have made that pick" even though 11 GMs passed on him, including the "holy grail" management in San Antonio, literally the pick before. We also can't give him credit for Davion because "its too early" and can't give him credit for turning Bagley into DDV because Bagley is so good.

The narrative on this board is that Monte is bad because we can't give him credit for anything good. Monte has been pretty decent. Not great. Not bad. Decent. It annoys me that Kb02 and his crew have to disparage him at every step of the way by rewriting history.
We kinda have to start winning for credit to be dished out. He's not gm of the year. He just doesn't suck and we are use to the worst of the worst

I hate to tell you but word on the street is DDV is going to take the qualifying offer to get the hell out of SAC. We shall see if it happens but I would wait on citing that trade yet.

Takes two to tango, as always. All reports suggest that Monte set the price at "serious payment." Other teams weren't biting. In that event, take your guy and go home. Don't f*** about with the asset just to make a move.
This.

Look at at passion from ivey. Crying smh Murray act like he was just as shocked as me! I'm hella mad
Shouldn't be too shocked. He was always going top 5-6

People talk about that Bagley pick, yet never mention that mavs wanted either Luca or Bagely, whoever didnt get picked. I swear people act like we reached for the sky's with that guy. He had and still had hella potential. Just injury prone. Like chet will be
Unbelievable take in 2022. Bagley had huge flaws and every credible evaluator could see he will never be a star level player by his actual impact, even being a starter level player was very questonable. After four years you would expect people to see this but apparently not

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Well it was already rumored a few weeks back and the Kings as an org can't really clap back on that at this point. True or not.
Guy comes in a year and a half ago with a defensive mindset, hires defense minded coach, and selects best two way player on the board at premium NBA position within 1 spot of where he has been mocked all year but it's the owner's pick? I just don't get it.

Vivek is the one who will be here in two years if they get this wrong, you would think the owner would always want to draft the media hype guy and the basketball minds say "no, this guy is the one we need" ... but I dunno, I'm also in the Vlade/BW picked Bagley not Vivek camp. Most people blame Vivek for every bad thing to happen here and I only blame him for about half of it.

Yep. Lots of dissatisfied Kings fans who invested time poring over mocks and highlights have convinced themselves that Jaden Ivey is the next coming of Ja Morant. I'm not nearly as convinced. I'm also a big fan of Murray's. He represents a premium NBA archetype with premium skills. He's dedicated and has a tireless work ethic. He projects to be a productive two-way player, and I think he's got more upside than many assume simply because of his age. He's exactly the kind of player every Kings fan says this team needs until a bright, shiny, athletic toy comes along and turns the fanbase's brains inside out.
Ivy looks like he can be great but if he were bald headed, nobody would be comparing him to Ja Morant. Im not seeing it

Entity

Hall of Famer
Ok who is with me on JD Davidson with #37 for potential alone. He didn’t reach it in college but maybe a year under a former 6th man of the combo guard Bobby Jackson could turn him around

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah, I was probably irrationally excited when we drafted WCS
yeah first two I was like nice these guys fell to us let's get it. WCS was my wishlist based on draft position/big board. and to be fair he flashed the skill/talent just was about as low effort as low effort guys can get.