[Game] THE Kings vs. Denver Nuggets, 2/9/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting embarrassed by the Pistons last game before the deadline and coming out firing against the Nuggets is a chef's kiss.

The eternal purple optimist in me is feeling satisfied
It's a been a constant since we've been good again. For some reason think we're good enough to coast to wins vs bad teams and really go full effort vs the good ones.

quite good 1st half - Sabonis with double double already, finaly Keegan finding some shots...

View attachment 12414
Shot distribution heavily towards our 4 core (Fox/Domas/Keegs/Monk). Sasha coming in firing too. Perfect example of why I think this team needs some rebalancing towards ancillary guys who don't need to score to be valuable. We don't need shot creators. We need guys who can take 4-6 shots in a game and still be very valuable for 30+ minutes on the floor.

Kings really do play as if offensive opps for Keegs and HB are zero-sum. HB didn't even sniff the ball in that second-quarter stint. Not sure he got a touch on that end. Just send an occasional play call his way! Why is this so hard?

Kings really do play as if offensive opps for Keegs and HB are zero-sum. HB didn't even sniff the ball in that second-quarter stint. Not sure he got a touch on that end. Just send an occasional play call his way! Why is this so hard?
I know HB is your favorite guy, but it's the way the pecking order works. Fox/Domas/Keegs/Monk had it rolling, so there just isn't a ton of room for shots elsewhere. Especially when Sasha enters the rotation and takes 5 shots, which previously has been a very low USG role from someone like Kessler or Duarte.

If anything, Huerter is the one 3-3 for 8 points. He should be the guy we look to involve more if he's got it going.

Shot distribution heavily towards our 4 core (Fox/Domas/Keegs/Monk). Sasha coming in firing too. Perfect example of why I think this team needs some rebalancing towards ancillary guys who don't need to score to be valuable. We don't need shot creators. We need guys who can take 4-6 shots in a game and still be very valuable for 30+ minutes on the floor.
How about spreading the ball around, making sure all your shooters are involved? K'Von's shooting has picked up nicely the last bunch of games. 3 shots?

How about spreading the ball around, making sure all your shooters are involved? K'Von's shooting has picked up nicely the last bunch of games. 3 shots?
... We are

Keegan 8 shots
Monk 8 shots
Fox 7 shots
Domas 7 shots
Sasha 5 shots
HB 3 shots
Huerter 3 shots
Lyles 2 shots

Literally cannot get more spread around than that in the NBA. Again, you can be mad HB isn't at the top of the list, but you can't say we're not keeping everyone involved. This is exactly what a "spread the ball around" looks like.

It will be interesting in the next half to see what the refs do. Not a lot of free throws in that first half and this season the Nuggets really don't get to the line much at all.

Especially when Sasha enters the rotation and takes 5 shots, which previously has been a very low USG role from someone like Kessler or Duarte.
But he GETS 5 shots. He always gets touches, and, for him, touches always translate into shots.

Anyho.... whatevs.

Yes HB is my guy. But it's not simply that I want "my guy" involved. It's that this team is at its best, offensively, when all the shooters are involved. And it is workable. It just almost never happens.

The Kings need to take care of the ball a little better in the second half, or the roof could come crashing down in a hurry, dust everywhere.
Yeah, unless the Kings can maintain a near 60/60 shooting split from 2 and 3. They shouldn't count on that although the Nuggets defense has been abysmal.

But he GETS 5 shots. He always gets touches, and, for him, touches always translate into shots.

Anyho.... whatevs.

Yes HB is my guy. But it's not simply that I want "my guy" involved. It's that this team is at its best, offensively, when all the shooters are involved. And it is workable. It just almost never happens.
That's the whole point of our current team build we have to fix. Sasha's biggest value is his shooting and off-ball scoring. He doesn't make sense to play if he's not shooting. Could make a serious argument that's the case with Huerter and HB as well, although they're more well balanced than Sasha is.

Again, we are spreading it around. It's just not to the guy you want, for this half. Could easily change here in the 2nd where Keegs/Sasha/Monk take a back seat and HB steps in around Fox and Domas. That's how it goes for role guys.

When Jokic has to come out on pick and roll it's pure annoyance for him haha. Looks like a moody teenager.
I honestly would like to see Lyles on him. Seems like one of the best ways to defend him is force him to play on the perimeter on defense. Feels like a favor if you put a big lumbering C out there that he doesn't have to pay attention to outside the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.