The issue of a backup PG and a backup Big Man

The Kings have spent their MLE to sign John Salmons a backup PG, knowing that they already had major issues at the big man department.

John Salmons was signed for 5 Millions while there were other much cheaper alternatives on the market:

. Darrick Martin (Toronto) - Acquired through Free Agency

. Jay Williams (New Jersey) - Acquired through Free Agency

. Rick Brunson (Philadelphia) - Acquired through Free Agency

. Dajuan Wagner (Golden State) - Acquired through Free Agency

. Eddie House (New Jersey) - Acquired through FA - 1.5 Million $

. Jannero Pargo (New Orleans) - Acquired through FA - 1 Million $

. Howard Eisley (FA)

. Alvin Williams (FA)

. Marcus Williams (New Jersey) - Draft Pick

Whereas for less than 5 Million, the following centers/power forwards have been signed:

. Lorenzen Wright (Atlanta) - Acquired through FA - 3 Million $

. Francisco Elson (San Antonio) - Terms undisclosed

. Jackie Butler (San Antonio) - 2.2 Million $

Now who will replace Brad if he goes down with an inury or needs a breather? Loren Woods? Vitaly Potapenko? Not sure what we can expect from those two and Salmons as a replacement PG is really not sold on the fans.

That is why we have training camp and the preseason to see what these guys can do. For me personally I like the John Salmons signing because he can handle the rock and play backup point and also play at the 2 and 3 spot and he is tall for a PG at 6'7" and he is athletic and is young. I would not given him the full MLE but I do like the signing. Loren Woods is another stoy I mean he is tall and you can't teach height lol. I would like to see him put on more bulk obviously.

obviously signing salmons for so much was a mistake, i can t believe we offered more that the raps did, we should've offered less after he declined their offer

obviously signing salmons for so much was a mistake, i can t believe we offered more that the raps did, we should've offered less after he declined their offer
Offering less than the last offer the guy turned down.... just because it worked on Bonzi doesn't mean it is a reliable strategy in general.

I'm going into the John F Salmons era with an OPEN MIND!