The 2013 NBA Finals: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) San Antonio Spurs

Who will be NBA Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You either really overestimate Manu's strength, or you think Lebron is awfully fragile. Was it a foul? sure... but seriously Lebron dropped like a sack of tatters. He looks like a cheap boxer taking a dive.
um, he ran into his elbow with his throat. I don't care how big Lebron is, but if you run into a guy with your throat who is 6'5 with pointy *** elbows, you're going down.

Ginobili may or may not wanted to elbow him in the throat, but he did want to stop him from getting inside position and players sometimes throw a backwards forearm shiver to check them.

However, it was no flop. There were flops in the game in other instances by Lebron, but that looked and am sure was painful.

um, he ran into his elbow with his throat. I don't care how big Lebron is, but if you run into a guy with your throat who is 6'5 with pointy *** elbows, you're going down.

Ginobili may or may not wanted to elbow him in the throat, but he did want to stop him from getting inside position and players sometimes throw a backwards forearm shiver to check them.

However, it was no flop. There were flops in the game in other instances by Lebron, but that looked and am sure was painful.
You assume Lebron's motion continued forward UNTILL contact. The fact that Lebron turns and falls, and makes NO grab at his now supposedly crushed larynx, nor tries to break his own fall. It looks tome that Lebron turns his head and begins a backward lunge (upward motion) then falls. If he had taken a truly hard blow to to the throat I would expect him to grab at his throat (8-12 lbs of pressure will break your larynx) I typically also expect conscious people try and break their fall. But hey if you think Lebron was layed low the fall was legit, we can agree to disagree.

this whole lebron-is-a-flopper argument is getting a bit too academic. 'bron flops. wade flops. ginobili flops. vlade divac was a masterful flopper. it's a part of the contemporary game, much to the ire of most fans, and much to the difficulty of the league's judgment...

i've long held the position that the nba has consistently shot themselves in the foot by tightening up foul rules. prior to the late-90's, a foul was generally considered to be excessive contact. beginning in the early-00's, a foul simply became contact. this opened the door for the flop to take an uncomfortable level of precedence in the culture of the nba...

so yes, even the best in the game flops. but that really hasn't had significant bearing on the way this series has played out. make no mistake: the san antonio spurs lost last night's game more than the heat won it. mental errors, poor timing, and suspect coaching down the stretch contributed to that loss more than any flop or missed call ever could...

this whole lebron-is-a-flopper argument is getting a bit too academic. 'bron flops. wade flops. ginobili flops. vlade divac was a masterful flopper. it's a part of the contemporary game, much to the ire of most fans, and much to the difficulty of the league's judgment...

i've long held the position that the nba has consistently shot themselves in the foot by tightening up foul rules. prior to the late-90's, a foul was generally considered to be excessive contact. beginning in the early-00's, a foul simply became contact. this opened the door for the flop to take an uncomfortable level of precedence in the culture of the nba...

so yes, even the best in the game flops. but that really hasn't had significant bearing on the way this series has played out. make no mistake: the san antonio spurs lost last night's game more than the heat won it. mental errors, poor timing, and suspect coaching down the stretch contributed to that loss more than any flop or missed call ever could...
I can sign on with this. Spurs had opportunities to put it away and did not. Benching Duncan at the end of regulation was a key mistake. I can't blame the refs or flopping for the final outcome.

What people just don't realize is that Lebron does NOT flop, the laws of physics just operate differently around him. I think he was conceived at the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz.

I was thinking... it must be tough to be a real Heat fan in Miami. Just think about it, yes you do have the best player in the world joining your team, but he did so in such a absolutely lack of integrity way that the world is going to hate your team for it.

Then they had a TV pep-rally show to boast about their "not 5, not 6, not 7..." championship titles they are going to bring to your city. Right out of the gate, they lost their first season and the conclusion they came up with was "We are going to win even if we have to cheat". Then they went on and "flopped" their whole way to the Finals. And now even your fellow fans, who casually joined the bandwagon and would walk out of game 6 of a Final, A FINAL, not a game, not a game (my best Iverson impression... heh), a final, championship round.

Imagine being a true basketball fan who lives in Miami and love the Heat from their founding in 1988, who have integrity and dignity in their own lives, I can only imagine, to put myself in their shoes, how TORN I would be as a fan and how much I'd hate not being able to root for my own home team...

we just had a thunderstorm that somehow knocked out our internet completely. all I'm left with is the smartphone I'm writing from now, which obviously isn't enough to watch the game on. so, sadly I won't be able to watch it live this time. good for my health, less so for my disposition. hope you guys have fun, though, this should be epic.

we just had a thunderstorm that somehow knocked out our internet completely. all I'm left with is the smartphone I'm writing from now, which obviously isn't enough to watch the game on. so, sadly I won't be able to watch it live this time. good for my health, less so for my disposition. hope you guys have fun, though, this should be epic.
wow thats horrible!

Can you download the WatchESPN App?

Or would that be included in "knocked out our internet completely." ??

Kawhi Leonard just got fouled on his dunk attempt, then got the rebound, fouled again on a putback attempt, got it again, hacked on the arm and loses the ball, dives on the ground grabs the ball, gets jumped on by LeBron and Birdman, still no foul. seems legit.

Duncan's gotta make that shot to tie. but he SHOULD be at the line with a chance to tie the game at 90. Battier was pulling Duncan down by the left arm on that putback attempt

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Note 1: Duncan has never at any point in his career been terribly clutch. Used to make that point all the time. Still do. Never a clutch shooter.

Note 2: Gee I sure am glad we have Jimmer and Salmons instead of Beno and Leonard

Note 3: Bosh has so completely emasculated himself in these playoffs that even with the win you gotta believe Riles will probably be working the phones even while they are hoisting the trophy

Note 4: as I mentioned earlier in one of the Reke threads, Manu is no longer Manu, and in fact needs to retire now with whatever shreds of former glory he can still wrap himself in.

Note 5: Tony Parker no show = precludes the normal Parker is the best/most underrated/etc/etc. nonsense as a PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.