The #10 Pick if We Get Fox and No Trade Happens....

It really depends which player drops at 10, if it's Monk, draft him. I don't see Smith dropping, Markannen or Frank N. in that case, you are left with Collins, Mitchell, OG, Giles, Patton. Not a bad group of selections at all.
Don't you think if we were interested in Monk we would have had him to town? I don't see it. We made a heavy investment in Buddy. We're good there. BB is likely coming. Monk is a hard pass in my mind. Giles is a 2nd rounder. Frank N lacks the speed to be a serious contender at #10. I don't see it.

Frank N may be best to play with a combo guard to be maximize his potential. Buddy is not a combo. It's not happening with Donovan or Frank N or Monk if Fox is the pick at #5. There are a lot of unknowns tonight, but I am confident this will bear prescient.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Don't you think if we were interested in Monk we would have had him to town? I don't see it. We made a heavy investment in Buddy. We're good there. BB is likely coming. Monk is a hard pass in my mind. Giles is a 2nd rounder. Frank N lacks the speed to be a serious contender at #10. I don't see it.

Frank N may be best to play with a combo guard to be maximize his potential. Buddy is not a combo. It's not happening with Donovan or Frank N or Monk if Fox is the pick at #5. There are a lot of unknowns tonight, but I am confident this will bear prescient.
You draft Monk to ship him in a packaged trade or either keep him and use him as a sixth man scorer which wouldn't be the worst idea. Giles will not be a second rounder, we discussed this all ready. The Mavs are in love with Frank, they brought in his coach to coach the Summer League team this summer, I don't think that's a coincidence. Cuban even went to a game over there to watch him play and came away impressed. I don't see him being available at 10 anyway.

You draft Monk to ship him in a packaged trade or either keep him and use him as a sixth man scorer which wouldn't be the worst idea. Giles will not be a second rounder, we discussed this all ready. The Mavs are in love with Frank, they brought in his coach to coach the Summer League team this summer, I don't think that's a coincidence. Cuban even went to a game over there to watch him play and came away impressed. I don't see him being available at 10 anyway.
You are possibly right on Frank N to Mavs but could be elaborate smoke screen to get Lauri M. The sixth man role you are referring to for Monk could just as easily be filled by BB, who happens to have more playmaking skills equal shooting touch and 6'11 wingspan vs 6'3" . Besides drafting for a prospective 6th man is not the objective at #10 in this draft. It is getting a star! Can Collins be a star? I don't know. His production suggests he could be. I heard he killed his workout in SAC too.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Isaac is the guy that scares me the most. I feel like he's the next best guy after Fox and Jackson but I can see him completely washing out too. Frank N will be fine. He might not be the best athlete in the draft but he knows how to play team basketball.