Thanks, Ladies

I don't know if the players ever check out the forum, but stranger things have happened... here's my end of the season thoughts for them, and everyone...

Thank you, for a great and exciting season...... I know it wasn't the happy ending that any of us would have written, but considering our struggles at the beginning, it was a doggone good finish.

Thank you, for all of the entertainment you have given me over the past five years. I honestly can't remember what I did during the summer before you all came into my life.

Thank you, for showing what it is like to compete with class, win with class, and perhaps most importantly, lose with class. Even in defeat, you conducted yourselves with true professionalism. Your opponents could take lessons from you in sportsmanship.

To those of you who will return to Sac next year, I am already looking forward to seeing you.

To those of you who will not return, I wish you all the best. If you are in another team's uniform, you will be given a worthy welcome. If you retire, I hope you have nothing but happiness in your future endeavors. Thank you for the memories.

Special Note: To the incoming players, you will find us to be one big happy family who will embrace you and welcome you to the fold. Like any family, we'll pat you on the back when you are good and kick you in the rear when you are not. But it doesn't mean we don't love you, too.

That wraps it up for me.........

Ditto

CALL ME SENSITIVE IF U WANT,LOL, BUT THAT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. LILCRC THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! :) THANK U LADIES,AND

GOOD LUCK OVERSEAS!!! :D

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY OFFSEASON TOO!:cool:

Last edited:
I would like to express my thanks as well. Normally I would have followed the Monarchs from close distance. Listen to the radio when I get a chance, go to a hand full of games during the summer. But for Christmas, I decided to give my wife a pair of season tickets to the Monarchs and a Yolanda Griffith jersey. I became hooked. I had an absolute blast.

I pray nothing but success to this group of women. And I would like to echo that this group of ladies are class and elegance. There is not a single person on this team that would misrepresent the spirit of teamwork and perserverance.

IF GOD SAYS THE SAME, SEE YOU IN 2005!!!

Me, TOO!!

I have been a season ticket holder from the beginning and I don't believe that we have ever had a more gracious and exciting group of ladies take our court and our hearts. You played your hearts out to the very end and gave us your all! Thanks for the Outstanding Season and Best Wishes in the off season - - see ya in 2005!!!!

I don't think I've been as up and down with a sports team I follow as I was with this team this year. Make the playoffs (my Jim Mora Sr. impression)...????? I seriously doubted that this team would ever make it over the hump and have a record over .500. I sincerely thank them as well, for all the ups and downs, I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Purple Reign, I'm glad to see that you were able to find a jersey for Xmas, and that they also hooked you.

DeMya "called" me this morning to thank the fans for their support (and remind me that my ST invoice is in the mail) but the call ended with the radio highlight that closed out ARCO for the 2004 season, and I finally got to hear how the radio team handled that shot....That was an incredibly special evening.

2005 camp is just around the corner.....

Monty'sBiggestFan said:
Purple Reign, I'm glad to see that you were able to find a jersey for Xmas, and that they also hooked you.
You remember that??? MBF :D

How I ended up getting it was I called one of the Monarchs/Kings Season Ticket reps, who went and dug in their warehouse and found one!!! He ended up talking me into putting a deposit down for season tickets and in exchange he gave me all kind of Monarchs stuff. My wife said that was the best Christmas gift she has ever received.

That season ticket rep and I became extremely friendly, and now I do not know what I would do without him. I am saying all of this to say that alot of the credit for our admiration of both Kings and Monarchs goes to the Maloof family. they run a first class operation out there in Natomas. Regardless of how old the building is, they make due and put out an outstanding show year around.

Thank You Maloofs for running a great organization!!!

Yes, I absolutely do remember that!! I was extremely glad to see that it all worked out, and it sounds like it worked out even better than you had expected. So I'm even happier quite honestly. :)

All of the Monarchs staff repeatedly go above and beyond, which is even more of a reason I'm thankful.

I echo everybody's sentiments.

Thank you ladies for a great season. Im very proud of all of you. Thank you for continuing to be great rolemodels to kids and adults alike!!

Have fun in Europe!

What everyone else said :).

Sometimes I think us fans have to step back and look at what a great situation we are in here in Sacramento. Between the Kings and the Monarchs, basketball junkies like most of us here, are get our fix all year long...and it helps that both teams are equally exciting :)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Thank you to the entire Monarchs organization...the players, the coaching staff, and the Maloofs. Thank you for bringing exciting WNBA basketball to Sacramento.

And, more importantly, thank you for being such great role models for our youth. You give them all something to strive for...boys and girls alike.