Terrence Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockets just released him. He's never made it anywhere, but has skills the Kings could use. Might be worth signing him and see how he plays for the rest of the year.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The dude is a major headcase. He was a headcase in college, and the drama continues. Great athlete, who is still trying to get by on just that. Not sure of what talent he brings other than his athleticism. He's an undersized SF, or he's a SG that can't shoot. He doesn't rebound very well, and he doesn't pass the ball very well. But most of all, he's shown little progress in his 2 plus years in the NBA. Its time to start adding players that can actually play the game of basketball. Players that are fundamentally sound, and know what the word TEAM means.

this would be the worst team to have him on aside from maybe the Wizards

No veteran presence for guys like him give him a sense of entitlement to be a savior, which means he'll become a bigger black hole than some guys on our team.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I liked him as a rookie (and actually would have to disagree on one front: as a rookie it was precisely because he was rebounding and passing the ball and filling the stat sheet that he was intriguing), but he has compeltely scuttled his career from the neck on up.

as a rookie he was this:
22.6min 8.4pts (.401 .310 .715) 4.5reb 2.9ast 0.8stl 0.1blk 1.6TO

(which is a per 36 of 13.4pts 7.1reb 4.6ast)

and showing maybe some point forward skills, with major potential as a defender. Since then he's proven to be so immature teams don't even want to deal with him. Think that makes him a no for us, as we have to get off the youth/immaturity train at some point and at this point need stabilizing presences, not more clueless kids, particularly not ones who've been sent down to D-League for insubordination and being a cancer. If we want to convince Reke and Cousins that we are serious about building somethgin aroudn them, at some point we have to start putting serious pieces around them. Guys at that level have options, and we can't continue to blunder about losing 2/3 of our games every year throwing rafts of no nothing kids at other NBA teams full of grown men.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I liked him as a rookie (and actually would have to disagree on one front: as a rookie it was precisely because he was rebounding and passing the ball and filling the stat sheet that he was intriguing), but he has compeltely scuttled his career from the neck on up.

as a rookie he was this:
22.6min 8.4pts (.401 .310 .715) 4.5reb 2.9ast 0.8stl 0.1blk 1.6TO

(which is a per 36 of 13.4pts 7.1reb 4.6ast)

and showing maybe some point forward skills, with major potential as a defender. Since then he's proven to be so immature teams don't even want to deal with him. Think that makes him a no for us, as we have to get off the youth/immaturity train at some point and at this point need stabilizing presences, not more clueless kids, particularly not ones who've been sent down to D-League for insubordination and being a cancer. If we want to convince Reke and Cousins that we are serious about building somethgin aroudn them, at some point we have to start putting serious pieces around them. Guys at that level have options, and we can't continue to blunder about losing 2/3 of our games every year throwing rafts of no nothing kids at other NBA teams full of grown men.
His last year in college I thought maybe he was on his way to being a good player. But the biggest concern was his attitude. He had an OK rookie season. He didn't blow me away with his passing skills, it appeared he might have taken another step forward. Unfortunately, not so. Anyway, were both on the same page when it comes to the Kings. Its time to put players around Cousins and Tyreke that are talented, experienced, and team players. Not saying we shouldn't continue to add quality through the draft, but we have to do better than Outlaw, Hickson, Greene, Cisco and Salmons as our main experienced supporting cast.

Personally, I don't see Tyreke as a SF. Your taking a player that is stronger than almost all the PG's and SG's in the NBA, and putting him at a position where he's now at a disadvantage physically. If he's not at the PG postion, then he has to move to the SG position, which means he has to develop a midrange jumpshot. I don't give a damm about the 3 pt shot. That also means Thornton needs to come off the bench or be traded. I prefer him off the bench.

I don't see us winning any championship with IT at the PG position. And thats not being disrespectful to IT. So I think thats a position that needs to be addressed, and addressed with someone experienced, either through trade or freeagency. In the short term, I'd put Greene at the SF positon and let Honeycutt back him up. We have nothing to lose at this point, so lets see if Honeycutt is worth putting any future money into. I'd move Tyreke to the SG positon right now, and let him start to get comfortable there. I'd send Thornton to an eye doctor to correct what ever vision problems he has that don't allow him to see his teammates at times. Its time to stop the nonsense. If Petrie can't accomplish something this next offseason, then its time to go. Enough is enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.