Tdos?

I'm in favor of turning this into the "TDOS Kings related comments that don't warrant their own thread" thread.

:)

I got excited when I heard from a friend that they were going to refer to the 2001 jerseys for inspiration for next year's away jerseys. Turns out it's just a materials change, not a color change.

So far... ;)

When we were good, TDOS meant the summertime period where we would hypothetically trade off our whole team, painstakingly recount every move made by Petrie, and argue that any coach other than our current coach (Adelman) would be a better fit.

Now, we do all of that stuff during the regular season too, so there is very little distinction between regular season and the TDOS. Hopefully a return to winning will change things...

Being a hardcore Kings fan now in San Antonio spurs fans are sippin the Sactown haterade. Haha I just ask them if they can get a game in the Suns series. Burn.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A little help here, what does TDOS stand for. Yah I know I know I am a noob!
Historically, the phrase goes back to the summer of 2001, when Kings fans really hated to see the season end. That was the year the Kings took second place in the Pacific Division and we were starting to believe in ourselves and our team as more than just a fluke. We had nothing but hope and faith in the future and we just didn't want to have to wait until October to see our guys lace up the sneakers and take the court in Arco again.

The original meaning is The Dreaded Off Season.

Historically, the phrase goes back to the summer of 2001, when Kings fans really hated to see the season end. That was the year the Kings took second place in the Pacific Division and we were starting to believe in ourselves and our team as more than just a fluke. We had nothing but hope and faith in the future and we just didn't want to have to wait until October to see our guys lace up the sneakers and take the court in Arco again.

Hi!:)

Nowadays the offseason is actually something to look forward to (in a way). Dreaded makes a lot of sense, never knowing if or when we were going to trade a J-Will, or a Peja. We really developed a great thing in this town back then, noone missed a game. I remember doing English projects at my friends house and if there was a playoff game on, everybody and their mother was sitting in front of it cheering on the boys in purple.

Now I wish i hadn't asked!!!! Still the offseason is not so bad these days, what with getting shots at the Griffins, Evans, and Walls and everything. Still, I would really like to get back to the Dreaded Offseason soon, and I have a funny feeling it will be sooner then we think, thanks for the responses guys, I was racking my brain for what it stood for.

( I came up with Trade, Draft, Off, Season at one pont!)

Thanks. I've been wondering that myself. How about "the tired days of summer" -seems like that's something from the deep past.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
TDOS for some of us is only August to mid-Sept when the training camp rosters become known and we can finally begin our armchair dissection of a new Kings team. July looks to be exciting this year, more so than in 3-4 years, with the Kings $20M in salary cap space and a top 3 pick in the draft. Kinda like Ok City year before last.

But, WTH we all need a little break to recharge and work on our suntans and hit some garage projects we put off last October when training camp started. So "there is a pony in there somewhere" is how I look at TDOS in Aug-Sep. :)

P.S. For those who haven't heard that story, two miners come upon a cabin in the backcountry. When they open the door they find the place full of horse manure. "Egads"' exclaims one miner, "this place is full of sh_ _!". The other miner then the says, "well there must be a pony in there somewhere!"!

Last edited:
K

Kingsguy881

TDOS for some of us is only August to mid-Sept when the training camp rosters become known and we can finally begin our armchair dissection of a new Kings team. July looks to be exciting this year, more so than in 3-4 years, with the Kings $20M in salary cap space and a top 3 pick in the draft. Kinda like Ok City year before last.

But, WTH we all need a little break to recharge and work on our suntans and hit some garage projects we put off last October when training camp started. So "there is a pony in there somewhere" is how I look at TDOS in Aug-Sep. :)

P.S. For those who haven't heard that story, two miners come upon a cabin in the backcountry. When they open the door they find the place full of horse manure. "Egads"' exclaims one miner, "this place is full of sh_ _!". The other miner then the says, "well there must be a pony in there somewhere!"!
I was thinking that it meant there was a pony-keg in there somewhere.....which for me is true. There are FOUR pony's in there somewhere, ok, maybe not SOMEWHERE, 3 are in the kegerator :D

Who's going to that draft lottery party? I might head down there after school.
I'm going to see if I can talk my boss into letting me walk over there, I work not too far...I think it would be kind of ironic if we get the first pick, beings this is the first time the Maloofs have done this sort of draft party. I remember seeing the party the Blazers threw in downtown Portland a few years ago when they got it, was quite a site to see everyone counting down the picks and knowing what needed to happen for the Blazers to get the first pick, they were going bonkers! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thTIYCXcx90&feature=related

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'm in favor of turning this into the "TDOS Kings related comments that don't warrant their own thread" thread.

:)
Don't think this deserves a thread, but am I the only one who thought it was rediculous how Avery Johnson was openly recruiting Lebron to the Nets on both the postgame and nba fastbreak last night?