Survivor - Exile Island

So Terry will make final 4. I don't see anyway that he doesn't make it to the final 3 now. I also think they won't let him use the idol with 3 left.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Very interesting episode. I love it when someone is totally and completely blindsided...

And I especially loved who it was who left.

heheheheheheh.

I'm starting to wonder if Terry has the best chance of winning. If the jury goes by grudges, if Cirie or Aras go up against Terry Shane will not vote for them, nor will the other girl (forgot her name already...lol). And as we get to the final three, I'm sure there will be more backstabbing coming up as Danielle trusts Cirie and Aras trusts Danielle. Terry's old team members hold no such bad feelings towards him, and he hasn't been involved in any of these recent cast offs. It'll be interesting to see how the jury votes...whether they vote for strategy or get caught up in their anger. I personally hope that Cirie wins, so I hope they can see past their anger to realize how well she's been playing the game recently.

i think the idol can only be used until the final 4. if thats the case, then terry can use it next week if he gets voted off, if not then i think it's no longer usable

i was hoping shane would have a better exit. i can;t wait to see him on the jury next week. courtney was CRACKING me up with her facial expressions. she is still pissed at danielle.

aras hit the nail on the head at TC. he said thats great that terry keeps on winning the challenges, the goal of the game is to win over people and votes.

aras and cirie have done the most surviving out there. danielle hasn't done much besides eat and be a tagalong. cirie was on the block at the very beginning. she is a master malipulator, i would love to see her win. aras has also done quiet a bit of surviving himself. he's also had a HUGE target on his back since the merge, yet everyweek terry can't eliminate him. the fact that aras continues to stay in the game every week without an immunity necklace or idol speaks volume on how good a player he's been.

while terry has tried to shake things up, EVERY time he has failed. he has never voted with the majority. he thinks he has somehting figured out, theres that cirie/aras tandem breaking it up. he was shocked tonight when shane got the boot. he may think he's a good strategiest, but he doesn't have a a clue whats going on out there. every alliance he's tried to make has gotten voted out that very night.

i can't see him winning the game with his poor social and strategic game, as well as his condescending attitude. plus he won the car, enough said.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like the way this is ending. It will either be Terry, Aras and Cirie in the final three or Terry, Aras and Danielle.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KiNgMyC said:
That preview kinda ruined it.
I don't think so. They're not that dumb. I thought it looked pretty obvious whose fire was doing better but who knows? Maybe she knocks the container over or something. :p

If you're talking about the flip off the pole into the water, that was from an earlier challenge this season.

VF21 said:
I don't think so. They're not that dumb. I thought it looked pretty obvious whose fire was doing better but who knows? Maybe she knocks the container over or something. :p

If you're talking about the flip off the pole into the water, that was from an earlier challenge this season.
Yea, it was the fire that convinced me. But you're right, anything can happen.

notice cirie's fire wasn't exactly over the rope. nothing is certain.....

YES! take that captain america! YOU GO ARAS!!!! finally terry loses immunity. too bad he has the idol.

was this episode a flashback to the 2nd grade or something? terry whining over the torch at camp ( he was just pissed his final 2 goat was voted out) then whining about the rules of the game, whatever. you lost fair and square. then aras coming out of left field and just BAGGING on terry after winning. at least aras apologized. i doubt terry did to cirie.... still, i expect terry to act like a 45 year old, not a 5 year old.

i'm thinking aras and terry for final 2. aras wins 5-2. i can hope can't i :D

I mis-understood one rule that actually made a big difference tonight. I thought Terry could hand her the Idol after the votes. I guess it has to be on the person before the votes.

I missed the preview for Sundays show. I would guess Cirie is going to lose but thats one of them crazy challenges which always surprises me.

I think Terry's only chance to win is against Danielle - Because he should get Courtneys vote because she is obviously obsessed with Danielle losing. I assume Bruce will swing to Terry's side also.

Cirie - She will beat anyone
Danielle - Possibly against Aras if Bruce votes for her but I don't see that happening.
Aras - Wins against Terry. Sleeper against Cirie if the other tribe rewards him for actually winning a challenge.

Well that was fun... sleezy move not showing the results of the fire challange. It's prety clear that either Terry or Aras is out after the last challange, jsut depends on who wins immunity. Props to Terry for kicking so much butt that he is STILL in there!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I understand you like Aras, Evenstar, but I really think you're a little over the top about Terry. Sure, he's getting snippy but I think anyone would with EVERYONE else left from the other tribe. He has had no one that he could even just share a couple of minutes talking to without everyone else watching, convinced that "their" ally might be trying something.

As far as the torch thing goes, he certainly wasn't anywhere as near nutso as Shane got.

The challenge thing bothered me, too. I didn't think they could look at more than one thing when they went back, either, and I was paying pretty close attention...

I give him major props for still being there, for being a true competitor and for outplaying and outlasting as many "enemies" as he has.

IMHO Terry is the one who really has played the game, I know Aras is cuter and younger but if it gets down to Terry and Aras for the final two I would have to give it to Terry simply for beating all the members of the other tribe.

yes i do like aras, but i'm not completly blind by his hotness. he has played a good game. he's had a target on his back ever since the merge WITHOUT any type of immunity ( until last night) and he's managed to not get voted out. he's made alliances with the right person and voted out anyone who threatens him. that is good game play. he's also played a very good social game. i read the interviews with voted off survivors, and NONE of them have had a bad thing to say about aras.

on the other side, you have terry. terry goes out and wins challenges. and wins challenges. he tried to make an alliance EVERY SINLGE alliance he has tried to make has fallen apart. it was known he was targeting bruce, bruce gets medevaced. he forms an alliance with courtney and danielle only to have danielle backstab and vote out courtney. he makes a final 2 pact with shane THAT episode he shane gets the boot. he hasn't played a very good strategic game. he'e made bad alliances, he's made enemies at camp. the only reason he's still in the game is because of the immunity necklace and idol. he hasn't played any kind of social game! casaya hates him! he has outlasted, but he hasn't outplayed anyone.

how is winning obstacle course challenges worthy of a million dollars over a guy who's had the same target on his back without the luxury of immunity to protect him?

it's going to be one hell of a finish, i can't wait!

GO ARAS!

oh, and yes i agree, while terry's tirade at the beginning of the episode was pretty immature, it was nothing compared to what shane would have done. shane is just plain crazy, terry isn't anywhere close to that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Terry winning all the immunity challenges was, in fact, what I meant by outplaying. He put it all out there because he knew he HAD to win. When it finally got down to where he didn't really have to win, he was able to relax a bit.

But that's just a different take on the game. I think it's one of the reasons Survivor remains popular. Different people identify with different players.

Either way, I sure hope it boils down to Aras and Terry in the final two because it would IMHO be the best choice. I don't like Danielle and while I think Cirie has done very well, I think it's because she's been in the background behind the obvious Aras-Terry power struggle. They deserve, I think, to let the jury decide which one of them deserves the $$.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PRECISELY!!!

Have you tried unplugging your receiver completely from the power source? Wait about 30 seconds and then plug it back in and let it totally reboot. That's what my OTHER Laker fan friend, who happens to own a satellite dish outlet, has told me to do in the past when mine started acting bizarre and it's worked all three times.

i think i will vomit if horsenelle ( danielle) wins. she would be by far the least deserving winner ever.

i'm still holding out hope for aras, but i',m starting to get worried terry might win the jury vote

*nervous*

one more hour!

GO ARAS!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wish it could have gotten down to Terry and Aras. I think that would have been more fitting since their rivalry has been going from the first.

I don't trust Danielle. She might just go back on her word with Terry and take Aras. I could swear I saw her nod at Aras just before he went into the water. And it didn't seem to me like he lost his balance. It seemed like he just let himself fall...

In that case, I think Danielle would lose because I don't see her winning against Aras.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I thought that would happen. And I think it just cost Danille the million dollars. I HOPE it costs her the million dollars.

VF21 said:
PRECISELY!!!

Have you tried unplugging your receiver completely from the power source? Wait about 30 seconds and then plug it back in and let it totally reboot. That's what my OTHER Laker fan friend, who happens to own a satellite dish outlet, has told me to do in the past when mine started acting bizarre and it's worked all three times.
For some reason, at about 7pm, channel 13 came in, so I just left it there and I have had no problems watching the show. The other channels aren't so great and I can only get the local ones.

I will try what you suggested...thank you!

I'm also glad that Danielle didn't win.

VF21 said:
There you go, Evenstar!

:D
YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY MAN WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm SO happy!

this was a NO brainer as soon as horsinelle voted for terry ( which i was also very happy about thank you very much! the only vote he got was the one that elminated him OWNED!) there was no way danielle was winning against either of them. shane summed her up best in his speech, worthless at camp ( her response to that was even more laughable, " i grew as the game went on" about work?? um WHAT?!?!?!) she was the katie from palau of this season.

the jury disappointed me for the most part, but i loved shane's speech. part of it was definetly sour grapes, but he decribed their games pretty well. i think it's a little immature that he berated aras about voting him out when shane was planning on betraying aras. aras knew that and had to make his move when he did, he should have realized it was just part of the game. i was glad aras told him why he voted him out.

the car curse lives on!!!!!!!! YES!

cook islands next, i can't WAIT!! that looks like a gorgeous place, i can't wait for the backdrop shots!!! ( thats one of my favorite parts of the show!!!)

and the moment i've been waiting for, i'm 21 years old, and i am going to apply to be on the show!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to think of a good video idea first.

WTG ARAS!!!!!!

LOL congrats Even for picking the guy to win. I just watched it a few hours ago and man...

GREAT final challenge, it didn't play on strength alone or anything else and in fact I would think a lighter weight woman or man would excell in that challenge.

Even after its all done I am not a fan of Aras, notice how little attention he got at the final? All the questions were about cirie / terry and shane.

After the show and seeing him outside the game Shane appears to be a pretty cool dood. As well Terry appears to be almost exactly how he was in the game.

Great survivor, Oh one other thing-- The final jury questions are staged. They ask the same crap each time and I even said to my wife who was going to ask the Guess a # question.

Good survivor... Amazing race finale on Wed.

Happy for Aras! I remember posting here that he and Danielle were my picks before the show started. Prior to that, my Survivor record was 2-9, only getting Ethan and Tom right...

As the show went on though, I dropped Danielle because she was just getting so annoying. I hated that she won the final immunity challenge, but so glad she didn't get the million.

Anyway, even if I'd been cheering for Aras from the start, I really wanted Cirie to win. And if it was Terry and Aras in the final two, I think I would've liked seeing Terry win. Oh well.

Yes, and TAR ends this week too! Go BJ & Tyler!