Starting 5?

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Tyreke
Martin
Greene
JT
Spencer

But thats only going on what we have before the trade deadline. I want to move KT+ Noc/Cisco for a center. Don't know if we can pull that off, but we NEED a center if we have any hope of making a playoff run this year or next. And I think we have to trade for a center, because its highly unlikely we will sign a big that is a difference maker through free agency. I like Spencer, and am not giving up on him in any way, but we need a very good big coming off the bench that is physical and can rebound, basically the opposite of Spencer. Spencer will be a good nba center down the road, we saw flashes of that vs the Lakers, but he needs help. ASAP!

Tyreke
Martin
Greene
JT
Spencer
Agreed...

Tyreke/Beno
Kmart/Cisco/Ike
Greene/Casspi/Ike
JT/Brockman
Spence/Brock/May

I think K9 + Noci + SRod probably should find their way out the door, all quality players that can bring us something we really need in return like a quality big man

Beno
Evans
Casspi
JT
Hawes

Trade Kmart, KT and Noc for starting center! If Evans will play with KMart in the lineup nobody else would touch the ball in the offense!

I would start with:
sergio
rake/martin
garcia/omri
JT
hawes
and use Donte and beno a lot from the bench

but it'll probably be:
evens
martin
garcia
JT
hawes

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Beno
Evans
Casspi
JT
Hawes

Trade Kmart, KT and Noc for starting center! If Evans will play with KMart in the lineup nobody else would touch the ball in the offense!
Trading Kev is fine, as soon as someone lays out a realistic option. I'm not jumping on the trade Kev bandwagon until we have some realistic options. Bosh? Amare? Okafor? I don't know who we could get for him, but at this point its all wishfull thinking. Saying "trade Kevin" is much easier in theory than in reality, if you want equal or greater talent in return.

So, I'm looking for someone to say more than "trade Kevin",because that crap has been said for months now. I won't consider it until I hear about other teams interest, and what they are willing to give up. Trde Kevin for a starting center, to me, sounds like fantasy basketball.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I would start with:
sergio
rake/martin
garcia/omri
JT
hawes
and use Donte and beno a lot from the bench

but it'll probably be:
evens
martin
garcia
JT
hawes
Why does everyone on the other side of the pond expect sergio to be a starting pg in the nba? Are you watching a different sergio than we are in the states?

I like Casspi over Greene, I just think Casspi has better killer instinct.

Evans
Martin
Casspi
JT
Hawes

(I believe It's the obvious lineup)

Last edited:
I think Tyreke, Martin (once he's back up to speed), JT and Spencer are no-brainers. But I really do think Casspi starts. He is a deep threat that stretches the defense, and you want that at the 3.

I would also say that Martin should come off the bench to allow him to get the flow of the game back, and not over exert his body, or wrist to begin with. It will also allow him to start to gel with this team. When it's effortless for him again then you start him. No need to start him right away.

Hawes/Brockman/Greene
Thompson/Greene/Brockman/Noc/Thomas
Casspi/Greene/Noc
Martin/Garcia/Beno/Udoka
Evans/Beno/Garcia/S Rod

Man we have a deep team. this is going to be fun! Everybody can shoot on this team, Tyreke is going to be unstoppable.

Last edited:
Evans/ Beno
Martin/ Cisco (when he gets healthy)
Casspi/ Greene
JT/ ???
Brockman / ???

I'd like to see May, Udoka, Sergio, KT, and perhaps Noc in a trade somehow to pick up a decent big man like Camby from the Clips. The Clips have: Blake Griffin(injured), Steve Novak (WHO?), Brian Skinner (Ouch!), Craig Smith (ah...no.) at the 4 spot. Noche would help the Clips and Canby could really help the Kings.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yztudeh

They really have to do something. Our thinness in the Post is all too evident. We need a free agent with height, rebounding, and hustle! Like Brockman with about 5 more inches !!

I gotta say if the Kings do NOT trade for a quality big man before the FA Deadline, then this lineup gives us a chance to compete in the paint. We just dont have any quality depth at the 4 or 5 (thus the ???) . Maybe Green can play some 4 ?? We know he can play 3 until Cisco gets back if needed.

I know the Brockness Monster is small in stature, but he plays bigger than he is. On the contrary, Hawes plays smaller than he is. This would also give Spencer some time to compete against 2nd team centers and build up his confidence. Hawes has a future, but until he REALLY gets serious and hits the weights, he will never succeed. I believe the reason he skipped summer camp was because of how out of shape he was. Just my theory, but its better than the lame excuse Hawes gave...

Last edited:
Barring trade my starting five would be:

Tyreke
Kevin
Donte
JT
Spencer

I'll be honest and say that I hope that isn't our starting five at the end of the year, but that's what I expect to see. If it were with-in the realm of possibility I might have Casspi in the line-up instead of Kevin, with Kevin playing the Jason Terry type role off the bench, but that won't happen, and I'm not sure I'd want to take the trade-value hit that such an action might cause.

It seems as if the biggest debate on the starting line-up is between Casspi and Greene.

You can't deny the intensity and fabulous play of Casspi. However, in my mind Donte has the higher upside, and his growth in just these first 30 games are amazing. If he can continue to grow in the same manner for the course of the season he'll be as big a contributor as Tyreke, as his upside is enormous.

With-out a doubt Casspi is the more polished player. But he's been playing professional ball since the age of 17. Donte on the other hand had a single year in college where they used a zone defense, and a completely wasted year last year. So I would expect Casspi to be more polished as he's got a ton more experience compared to Greene.

The problem I have is that for the most part we're saying there is one spot and two players. So people feel they have to tear down one player to support their position of choosing the other. I don't want to do that, because Casspi is going to be just as valuable to our team in the future as is Greene. I just feel that since we are still a young team, NOW is the time to make sure that we get as much development as we can. It's clear that Casspi doesn't need as much development as Greene, so Greene should be the focus right now.
Once we're a veteran team, the time for development will be over as we move into win-now mode.
Casspi has shown he can play great off the bench. So I say start Greene, bring Casspi off the bench, and if Westphal needs the steadier more polished player down the stretch then by all means use Casspi instead of Greene, but we need to make sure that Greene is given every opportunity to develop into the player he has the potential of becoming.

Regardless of who starts, the future really is bright for this team.

Coach PW would be crucified if he doesn't try out
Evans at PG and Martin at SG. I would certanly try it if I were him.
But is that really the best thing that Kings can get out of that combo?
I see Martin, Nocioni and fillers bringing this team something BIG.

Despite omri being a better rebounder than nocioni. Nocioni takes too many ridiculous shots, plus omri isn't too good with his back to the basket. That is why I have Nocioni at the 4. I took Hawes out of the starting lineup because we don't play the lakers every week :(