Spencer Hawes

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Great Shooting by Spencer... From Three though.

Still needs a fundamental nasty post-game, but talented and intense with a great skillset

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wow. Talk about harsh... geez.

I'm very proud of Hawes and the effort he showed tonight. He gave it all he possibly could..and more.

So much for Andrew Bynum... :p
People like to complain about Spence looking lost out there but Bynum looks like he literally scores by accident.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
No questions from me. I was very proud of Spencer tonight. Hopefully, he has gotten onto the same page with the rest of the Kings in effort and intensity. WTG, big guy!!

Hawes was good tonight--had one of those headfakes and streaking straight line dunks, and I thought that the Lakers' halfhearted defense in general allowed him to rack up a lot of confidence in the early going. He had nice passes in the early going too, but shifted himself into perimeter bombing mode later on. He was really working that perimeter stroke and showed a lot of fire. But his defense needs work.

Spencer,
I rip on you just about every game in my living room while watching the games. Shot selection, bad decisions whatever. However tonight you brought it and I was cheering you and I even said put this game on Spencer's back and he will win it for us, Great job, You keep showing that kind of aggression every game and you will have a fan for life, Nice job

Sorry Spencer for all those mean things I said about you. :eek:

*I hereby proclaim my right to refute and disavow this statement or any proof or testimony that I said it, at any time during the season.

huge game for spence! his passing skills are just rediculous! that oop to omri was sick. Im glad we run the offense through him , I think when we do that it really gives him confidence out there.

huge game for spence! his passing skills are just rediculous! that oop to omri was sick. Im glad we run the offense through him , I think when we do that it really gives him confidence out there.
Perhaps the Kings are starting to get the big man that everyone was talking about getting?

The only way tonight's loss can be redeemed, only way, and I don't even know if it can, is it this was Hawes coming out party and he continues this kind of play from here on out. We can then all look back at this game and thank the Fakers, specifically Bynum, for Hawes owning them.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Andrew Bynum made all stars out of Spencer Hawes and a busted old Shaq. Amazing.
Seriously, I'm usually not one to make blanket statements like this but Bynum is so overrated it's not even funny. He just looks plain lost out there sometimes (remind you of anyone?).

Seriously, I'm usually not one to make blanket statements like this but Bynum is so overrated it's not even funny. He just looks plain lost out there sometimes (remind you of anyone?).
nothing is special with bynum.... he can muscle his way in most of the time but he's got the skillset of a kitchen stool....

hawes passing was excellent....EX-CEL-LENTAY! beno was toying with fisher i dont even know why phil jax still wants him to start over farmar and such...

i tend to disagree i think he is the center we need... he's a good weakside blocker what the team needs is solid fundamentals on team defense... if you can protect the paint via team effort you dont need to have a guy recoding 3 or 4 bpg. it helps the cause yes....

Good game by Spencer but I really wish he'd stop shooting those 3's and get down on the block. He made his 3's tonight, but that just means we get to see him shoot more in the games to come. He actually has some decent post moves, so I guess I do have a question: When can we see those moves full time?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He matches up well against the Lakers. I hope the confidence he gets from this game helps him in these upcoming tough games. I still think he needs to work his butt off in the offseason to have a big impact next year.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Look, people have to get over Spencer hate -- this guy is by FAR the highest scoring center in the NBA this decade, and the third leading scorer in the entire NBA behind Kobe and...um...Nate Robinson.

I mean 30pts 11rebs 4ast for an entire decade? I don't think even Hakeem or Kareem ever did that. Have to go back to Wilt for that type of dominance.

look, people have to get over spencer hate -- this guy is by far the highest scoring center in the nba this decade, and the third leading scorer in the entire nba behind kobe and...um...nate robinson.

I mean 30pts 11rebs 4ast for an entire decade? I don't think even hakeem or kareem ever did that. Have to go back to wilt for that type of dominance.
:d:d:d

Congrats to Spencer on a career game.
Although this might be just a fool's gold for him. I mean he showed once again that he can produce by shooting the ball and playing out of position but he also showed that he isn't any force inside by any stretch as he had only 2 post plays and scores the whole game. And most of the time his shots aren't falling as we've witnessed this season so...

Bynum gets intimidated by the super strong/athletic types (Dwight, Shaq) and by the stretch 5's (Frye, Hawes last night). If you have either one of them he can be easily exploited defensively. Looks like he plays at 50% effort too which doesn't help matters. 4 rebounds against Hawes?

Re Spencer it's nice to see his various dimensions resurfacing again. Passing, hitting threes...sure, not the stuff of centers, but last night he certainly showed mobility and craftiness in working the post as well. He should be optimized from the high post or mid range where he can utilize triple threat--pass to cutters, spot up for the J, or use the threat of his J to attack the basket--more often. We saw elements of that tonight, and Westphal should look to that more