something interesting on 1140.

being that i am from the reno/sparks area, i dont get to hear the station that much. but on the way back this morning, i heard them say that the mayor of sacramento thought the only thing good about the kings is that they are water cooler fodder. whats up with that.

sauce-26 said:
being that i am from the reno/sparks area, i dont get to hear the station that much. but on the way back this morning, i heard them say that the mayor of sacramento thought the only thing good about the kings is that they are water cooler fodder. whats up with that.
I don't believe Heather Fargo said that.

sauce-26 said:
Heather Fargo has always been a proponent of the Kings and the Maloofs. I seriously doubt she would say such a thing.

Here's the exact quote:

"Without the teams, life would go on. We would still have an arena for events and entertainment. Sacramento would still continue its renaissance and be the entertainment and cultural center of the Central Valley. However, we would miss them and miss the unifying presence, the water-cooler connector and the special way they do carry the name of our great city onto the national and international stage.

Not to mention that a king dog would not be a King Dog!"

http://www.sacbee.com/content/opinion/forum/story/12774296p-13625232c.html

Whoever you heard on 1140 sounds like they had an agenda.

///Mink said:
Here's the exact quote:

"Without the teams, life would go on. We would still have an arena for events and entertainment. Sacramento would still continue its renaissance and be the entertainment and cultural center of the Central Valley. However, we would miss them and miss the unifying presence, the water-cooler connector and the special way they do carry the name of our great city onto the national and international stage.

That's like saying Shaq would still be a great basketball player even if he played in the NBDL. One of the reason's the arena deal can't get anywhere.

Wow!!! You just saw the media at work. This applies to the war, current events, sports etc.

I'd recommend not believing much unless you heard it yourself. How you could turn that perfectly reasonable quote into what the poster said is crazy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Some of the people who are allowed to voice their opinions on KHTK would much rather sacrifice accuracy if they can stir up controversy. This appears to be just such a scenario...

Of course, it could also be the speaker in question (on the radio - not the poster above) flunked reading comprehension.

;)

///Mink said:
Here's the exact quote:

It was that idiot Monty. Who else.