"SNEEK PEEK" of Brandon Jennings and Johnny Flynn

Reynolds has already dismissed Jennings, at least for #4 consideration. Doesn't like him. Said he showed nothing in Europe to justify consideration. So why all the talk on Jennings?

Of all the players talked about in the top 7 or so, I'd give Jennings the least chance of being at #4, with Thabeet coming in second.
The last time I checked Geoff Petrie was GM and not Jerry Reynolds.

Well Jennings did get an invite with two other guys thought to be picked at #4. I think most will agree that he won't be there at #23. So Petrie wanted a better look at him for the #4 or moving down a few spots. That right there dismisses Reynolds comments and they shouldn't be taken seriously. I highly doubt he will get chosen #4. I don't see him skyrocketing up in the mocks yet and he's had a few high profile workouts.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12949

Long before Brandon Jennings put Ricky Rubio on blast after working out for the Sacramento Kings, the kid from Compton made a decision to surpass college and opted for playing overseas instead. Three years ago when Jennings was 16-years-old, he said he wanted to be a USC Trojan.
The following year he decided to switch programs, choosing instead to play for the Arizona Wildcats.
It never happened. The story has been told before: Jennings failed multiple entry exams to attend Arizona, so he transformed himself into the poster child for skipping college in order to get paid in full like Eric B. and Rakim and ball in Europe.
That's part of the story. The other half is about a 19-year-old, 6'1, 170 pound guard who spent the season riding the pine for Lottomatica Roma; play a minute here, two minutes there and three minutes here. By season's end in Rome, his numbers were essentially a few notches above Morris Almond (Utah), Alex Acker (Detroit/Los Angeles Clippers), Quincy Douby (Sacramento/Toronto), and Anthony Roberson (New York/Chicago) at the NBA level.
The four ranked 144th or lower statistically in the league for all guards.

Carolija are you refrencing to that last part about his stats? Stats mean absolutly nothing in Europe Rubio averages 2.4 points and 2.8 assists so stats mean nothing in Europe.

And if you are refrencing to the school thing I am sure that Jennings is smarter then some NBA players who didn't go to college? LeBron James is not the smartest fella in the world but he is smart on the court. I'm not sure if that has to do with anything, because even I question Jennings desicion making on the court.

Carolija are you refrencing to that last part about his stats? Stats mean absolutly nothing in Europe Rubio averages 2.4 points and 2.8 assists so stats mean nothing in Europe.

And if you are refrencing to the school thing I am sure that Jennings is smarter then some NBA players who didn't go to college? LeBron James is not the smartest fella in the world but he is smart on the court. I'm not sure if that has to do with anything, because even I question Jennings desicion making on the court.
I was referring to the article in whole but as unsure if we are allowed to post the entire articles around here.

Its covers pretty much everything that needs to be said about Jennings. If he is prepared to take pot shots on his peers then he better have something to back it up with. In his case, he has nothing to back it up with except a history incidents that question his attitude and maturity. As I said, he has the talent to be the best player from this draft but everything else raises big red flags about him.

I was referring to the article in whole but as unsure if we are allowed to post the entire articles around here.

Its covers pretty much everything that needs to be said about Jennings. If he is prepared to take pot shots on his peers then he better have something to back it up with. In his case, he has nothing to back it up with except a history incidents that question his attitude and maturity. As I said, he has the talent to be the best player from this draft but everything else raises big red flags about him.
Sorry about that didn't read the whole article...

And what you said about Jennings red flags...I think all players are immature and disrespectful at time. Look at Dwight Howard he is a goofball off the court but once it's gametime he is stricly buisness.

And I was think today all of you question Jennings maturity when I am starting to question Rubio's maturity. If you think about it I have a point. This is the kid who said he wouldn't want to play for Memphis or OKC when he hasn't proved anything yet in the NBA (ala Kobe Bryant). And am I the only one who recalls him saying "I hope I dont get pickked by a team like Washington"???? Maybe Jennings isn't the only one who needs to watch his maturity.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yes, but what team official is completely candid with his opinion of potential draft picks? Jennings didn't show much in Europe, but it wasn't as if he was the starting PG and playing 40 minutes a night. He came off the bench, generally played less than 10 minutes and was often playing out of position at the 2 or 3. Besides, if that's the case, then why is Jrue Holiday under consideration (two workouts with the Kings) when he didn't show himself to be a PG during his time at UCLA. Jennings was the top PG recruit coming out of high school, ranked by most ABOVE Holiday.

I'm not saying the Kings will or won't draft Jennings. I'm just saying JR's reasoning is suspect and I don't take anything from any team's officials as gospel in the time leading up to the draft.
In this situation it makes no sense for Reynolds not to be candid. Does anybody believe that there is a team that is willing to trade up to get the Kings #4 pick in order to choose Jennings of all people? That's not even plausible. So, if it's not plausible, then why would Reynolds even care enough to blow smoke?

Sorry about that didn't read the whole article...

And what you said about Jennings red flags...I think all players are immature and disrespectful at time. Look at Dwight Howard he is a goofball off the court but once it's gametime he is stricly buisness.

And I was think today all of you question Jennings maturity when I am starting to question Rubio's maturity. If you think about it I have a point. This is the kid who said he wouldn't want to play for Memphis or OKC when he hasn't proved anything yet in the NBA (ala Kobe Bryant). And am I the only one who recalls him saying "I hope I dont get pickked by a team like Washington"???? Maybe Jennings isn't the only one who needs to watch his maturity.
It has nothing to do with maturity. Rubio is in a unique situation where he has to pay millions of his own money to play in the NBA, he's not going to do that for a team that he feels is bad for him. I have no doubt that if he didn't have such a huge buyout, he'd go to whatever team that drafted him without a fuss. If that wasn't the case then I'd agree with you that it was concerning, but there is a special circumstance with Rubio that justifies the behavior IMO.

While I can certainly understand some of the distaste for Jennings' comment, it's also something I don't neccesarily have a problem with.

I'm with the rest of the boat, put up or shut up, but then again Rubio has been getting a free pass in this regard, quite often I might add. I feel the NBA needs more fire, needs more unfriendly rivalries, the occasional beasting. It kept the NBA alive for a good deal of time and lately the only time we get it, is in the playoffs.

The kids got skills, no one can deny that. What is up for question is can he handle and lead a team at the point with that form of attitude ? I personally think yes. Less we all forget, we had a few PG's with a different form of attitude on the court that didn't neccesarily walk the walk initially until maturity in game and personality came.

Still, I don't know if I'm set on Jennings, Flynn or Rubio to be honest. I'm on the Wall bandwagon that will never happen.

While I can certainly understand some of the distaste for Jennings' comment, it's also something I don't neccesarily have a problem with.

I'm with the rest of the boat, put up or shut up, but then again Rubio has been getting a free pass in this regard, quite often I might add. I feel the NBA needs more fire, needs more unfriendly rivalries, the occasional beasting. It kept the NBA alive for a good deal of time and lately the only time we get it, is in the playoffs.

The kids got skills, no one can deny that. What is up for question is can he handle and lead a team at the point with that form of attitude ? I personally think yes. Less we all forget, we had a few PG's with a different form of attitude on the court that didn't neccesarily walk the walk initially until maturity in game and personality came.

Still, I don't know if I'm set on Jennings, Flynn or Rubio to be honest. I'm on the Wall bandwagon that will never happen.
What exactly has Rubio been getting a free pass on? He hasn't said anything.

The question isn't just whether he can lead a team with that attitude. The question is whether with that attitude he'll be humble enough to where he'll take the time to learn about the intracacies of team offense, play intelligently, and just improve his overall game. His skills are worthless unless he learns how to use them intelligently and towards WINS, and not stats.

Personally my big concern with his comments are that he thinks he won the matchup with Rubio because of the individual stats between the two, even though Roma lost that game and Rubio only played 8 minutes with a broken right wrist.

What exactly has Rubio been getting a free pass on? He hasn't said anything.
I'm just making a broad statement concerning -anyone- you discuss Rubio with.

The question isn't just whether he can lead a team with that attitude. The question is whether with that attitude he'll be humble enough to where he'll take the time to learn about the intracacies of team offense, play intelligently, and just improve his overall game. His skills are worthless unless he learns how to use them intelligently and towards WINS, and not stats.

Personally my big concern with his comments are that he thinks he won the matchup with Rubio because of the individual stats between the two, even though Roma lost that game and Rubio only played 8 minutes with a broken right wrist.
Hey I agree with you, but I still think the kids got talent and he has a fire about him. Something I wish our whole team had.

I'm just making a broad statement concerning -anyone- you discuss Rubio with.

Hey I agree with you, but I still think the kids got talent and he has a fire about him. Something I wish our whole team had.
Yes he has a lot of talent but considering that talent is so raw, is it worthy of gambling on at 4? If you take on that gamble you better be damn sure there's more to that "fire" than trash talk.