Sleeptrain Arena - in memory of

I work next door to Sleeptrain Arena. It was interesting walking around there throughout the demolition process. The grounds were taken over by the wild things - vultures, jack rabbits, and turkeys, lots of tall, dry grass.
I saw so many Kings/Monarchs games there.
Here are some photos during the demo process. In order of progress until it was gone. All of these are from 2022.

Attachments

I work next door to Sleeptrain Arena. It was interesting walking around there throughout the demolition process. The grounds were taken over by the wild things - vultures, jack rabbits, and turkeys, lots of tall, dry grass.
I saw so many Kings/Monarchs games there.
Here are some photos during the demo process. In order of progress until it was gone. All of these are from 2022.
It is going to feel so freaking weird, the next time I am back in the area, to drive by where the old barn was. I have so many memories of attending Kings games, along with many other events, in that place.

It is going to feel so freaking weird, the next time I am back in the area, to drive by where the old barn was. I have so many memories of attending Kings games, along with many other events, in that place.
You can't see much now. So many trees in the way. There are now barricades around at least some of the entrances so people can't drive through anymore. That was getting dangerous too because the surrounding roads are all built as one-way, and drivers were just going whatever way they wanted to once the arena closed. Nearly got into a couple head-on collisions there.
I need to walk the grounds again to check it out now.
So many fond memories of past there. I remember waiting in long lines to try to buy the hot game tickets.

I still think of it as ARCO although I guess we also had that year it was Power Balance Pavilion.
That’s cause it IS ARCO.

The first building was named ARCO and so was the 2nd building. Re-naming it many years later in a money making move doesn’t change the overwhelming history. It was ARCO for 26 of the 31 years the team played in it.

That’s cause it IS ARCO.

The first building was named ARCO and so was the 2nd building. Re-naming it many years later in a money making move doesn’t change the overwhelming history. It was ARCO for 26 of the 31 years the team played in it.
We (the company I work for) made all my the signage for the building. I do believe we still have an original “R” from ARCO stored in our warehouse.