[Game] Shriek-ramento Kings @ Charlotte Horror-nets 10/31/2022 4pm Western, 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Brown that Queta isn't ready.

I really like watching Queta as well and he's going to get a highlight block or two and hit a random three and blow by a good defensive center for a finish at the rim that you wouldn't think he was capable of......but.....in between all that he is going to get lost on offense and defense multiple times and more than likely cost the team more than he's going to give.

I'd like to see him get some spot minutes here and there but I highly doubt he's going to come in and change the tone defensively. I have enough trust in Brown at this point that he probably isn't playing him for a reason.
i was an advocate for Neemy in the draft but at this point I don’t know what to make of him. He seems to have the tools and is huge but he was a three year college player and is now in his second season in the pros and still seems 18 year old raw. I hope we have a more definitive answer on him by the end of the season.

i was an advocate for Neemy in the draft but at this point I don’t know what to make of him. He seems to have the tools and is huge but he was a three year college player and is now in his second season in the pros and still seems 18 year old raw. I hope we have a more definitive answer on him by the end of the season.
Hard to blame the guy after the way the last coaching staff handled his time last season, if i recall there was a stretch of close to 2 months where we just sat him at the end of the bench without seeing a minute of either Stockton or Sacramento games, then we wonder why we get so many bad picks... even the promising picks end up getting mishandled.

I'm thinking it would be nice to have Damien Jones back, he was giving us pretty good minutes last year. Jones was playing like RH before he got his contract extension, high energy backup 5.

Last edited:
I maintain we're continuing his development for next season when we're short a bunch of roster spots. I want him ready to roll game 1 next season for a 12-15 MPG role. Assuming Barnes isn't coming back and we find a way to move Holmes, we only have:

Fox || Mitchell
Huerter || Monk
Murray
Sabonis
2023 FRP

as guys under contract. Maybe they find a way in-house (Keon?Queta?Bring Vezenkov?) to fill those slots, but there certainly will be opportunity for these younger guys to carve out a rotation slot.

Really underestimated Dellevedova's value to the team prior to this game: Knows all the plays, knows where to be on both sides, knows how to set up his teammates, doesn't turn the ball over, doesn't foul unnecessarily. Good stuff from him for sure. Great as a 3rd sting.
He finally looks healthy after a long battle with injuries. And his 3pt shot looks way better than before - even if it is still a bit ugly.

More in depth on the assist numbers… for this team to get better our point guards have to have better numbers…..

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced?TeamID=1610612758&dir=A&sort=AST_RATIO
The Kings simply aren't running a ton of high middle pick and roll or guard play offense. They are mostly running pin downs and/or letting Sabonis find guys from the mid or low post so that will have a major effect. Not to mention that on the kick out he's having Barnes and co. look for the drive.

The Kings simply aren't running a ton of high middle pick and roll or guard play offense. They are mostly running pin downs and/or letting Sabonis find guys from the mid or low post so that will have a major effect. Not to mention that on the kick out he's having Barnes and co. look for the drive.
As a team the Kings are 8th in assists per game with >27/ game. Last year we were 22nd with <24. Early days. But think team ball movement > one or two guys with good numbers because they hold the ball for 12+ seconds per possession.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I trust Brown that Queta isn't ready.

I really like watching Queta as well and he's going to get a highlight block or two and hit a random three and blow by a good defensive center for a finish at the rim that you wouldn't think he was capable of......but.....in between all that he is going to get lost on offense and defense multiple times and more than likely cost the team more than he's going to give.

I'd like to see him get some spot minutes here and there but I highly doubt he's going to come in and change the tone defensively. I have enough trust in Brown at this point that he probably isn't playing him for a reason.
I’m not sure changing the tone or anything like that is what I’m saying but, Holmes is not good. Don’t care what he’s been in the past because what I’m seeing is poor defense, no shot blocking, doesn’t rebound well and now his push shot is gone. Holmes is hurting the team so why not take a peek at the younger guy?

I’m not sure changing the tone or anything like that is what I’m saying but, Holmes is not good. Don’t care what he’s been in the past because what I’m seeing is poor defense, no shot blocking, doesn’t rebound well and now his push shot is gone. Holmes is hurting the team so why not take a peek at the younger guy?
I'm all for taking a peek as well. I'm over Holmes killing our momentum every game with pointless moving screens as. I mean I don't think Len is very good and if Brown has Len ahead of Queta then that probably means Queta is even worse in comparison.

I think I'd like to see Queta play in Stockton a bit to see if he's improved. If he can't dominate in Stockton then he probably can't be average in the NBA.

Obviously the eye injuries and personal troubles interrupted his flow big time last year. But I think Hali and Buddy's departure also ready hurt him; they might have been the team leaders in getting Richaun the ball in his shot push spot - and we know that Tyrese and Holmes ran a VErY ince two-man game. Nobody misses Tyrese more than Holmes, I suspect.

And then it just can't be easy to go from starter to bench and have your minutes cut in half. His shot attempts have been cut by more than half, and he was never exactly a gunner.

All that said, waaaay too early to write him off.
So we resolved the guard logjam, which helped Fox play like the star we hoped he will be, to create one at center and have Holmes lose a lot of his value :). Man, roster construction is a tough job. Seems like finding talent that works off each other is as tough as collecting talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.