Shots fired (post-Nets)

Well if they want to fire Karl, they should do it asap.
Maybe the interim can turn it around and still get the 8th seed.
I'm tired of this.
Karl is no excuse for the way we hand opponents the win. The team plays a huge role in this mess. The FO csn be blamed too.
On to the next coach, maybe the next GM and the next bunch of guys, trying to turn things around. What a waste....

Why delay things even further? If Karl has lost the locker room, the time for change is now.
We still have the chance to get into the playoffs and we shouldn't waste any games.
Fire Karl and evaluate which players you keep around in the post season. If some players actively played against Karl it might be wise not to keep them around, if we are serious to change thr culture of this franchise.

I have absolutely no doubt she'll be magnitudes better than Karl.
Exactly.
I can't think of another coach who'd want to prove their worth more than nancy. Fire karl, hire nancy for the rest of the season and be done with it. Don't just waste the boston game for no reason.

I can already see it. Nancy takes over. Kings go on a streak.
1st woman NBA coach takes team to the playoffs in the last year at Arco Arena.
Hire Thibs in the offseason.
WIN WIN WIN and WIN.

Ive also heard that coach Iske is a Karl guy. Does he get blown out too? I don't want a guy like Karl sticking with the team after Karl himself is fired.
I wasn't impressed with iske when he filled in for Karl. I know its just one game but if you were looking to make a name for yourself wouldn't you at least make subtle changes to try to get yourself a win?

If we fire Karl mid-season we're going to tank... I see no reason to even try to be competitive with a new coach at helm. Good chances are, the players won't magically be able to learn the scheme...they don't even know how to play the scheme they're in now.

The last poopoo we should be doing is trying to get into the playoffs with barely .400, ending up 10th seed, and losing our pick.
Corliss wont have his head in his butt, and we'll have Cousins playing at a pace that makes sense. That alone, equates to more wins straight off the BAT.

I just cannot see the reason why we prolong this any further. Team is not responding to Karl and Karl will not make the necessary adjustments so why not make a move now? Waiting until the all star break does nothing to help us.

What does "this team is not responding to Karl any more, so he has to go" MEAN, really?

Is it an acknowledgment that the players aren't trying to win playing under Karl, or some other rationalization which doesn't accept the obvious?
How is it not a tacit admission that this team is deliberately not playing up to their abilities (in other words, deliberately trying not to win)?

Why would they magically play better for a new coach, unless they are deliberately playing bad under Karl, presumably because "they've tuned him out"?

Didn't he handed over all the keys to Vlade?
Yes, and soon he will hand the keys to Nancy.

What does "this team is not responding to Karl any more, so he has to go" MEAN, really?
Everyone thinks Karl's system is wack (Including Corliss). The players have played hard and have tried to make it work, but their are obvious better ways to do things, yet Karl won't implement them. That is why everyone is exasperated.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

I wonder how Corliss would go as an NBA coach he's certainly got a physical presence about him (also a reputation as a legit G from his playing days) and could probably physically beat the living crap out of any player on the team, if you mix that with good hard nose coaching it's certainly a interesting mix. If he does get the job I do hope he does well i loved big nasty when he played here and on the Pistons.

Although at the same time I'm torn cause that could mean not breaking up the team which I think we need to do regardless of coaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
With this much media attention on it, you now have no choice but to get rid of Karl ASAP. Does the team no good knowing that there are only x amount of games playing under Karl and his system. If you think they tuned him out before, it will only get worse.

If the players like Nancy then great. It needs to be an interim who has their ear on the ground in the locker room.

I just get the feeling Karl is completely out of the loop with his "delegation" type of coaching.

I don't hate Karl like many on here we gave it a go and I think the players did commit to the run and gun this season and sadly it's what we all feared.

George Karl and dmc don't mix simple as that.

Don't care about the national media just fire him and move on.

I wonder how Corliss would go as an NBA coach he's certainly got a physical presence about him (also a reputation as a legit G from his playing days) and could probably physically beat the living crap out of any player on the team, if you mix that with good hard nose coaching it's certainly a interesting mix. If he does get the job I do hope he does well i loved big nasty when he played here and on the Pistons.

Although at the same time I'm torn cause that could mean not breaking up the team which I think we need to do regardless of coaching.
I indeed would like to see how Corliss approaches things. I bet he could at least motivate them more than Karl/Iske.

Yes, and soon he will hand the keys to Nancy.

Everyone thinks Karl's system is wack (Including Corliss). The players have played hard and have tried to make it work, but their are obvious better ways to do things, yet Karl won't implement them. That is why everyone is exasperated.
Did he say so?

If the players like Nancy then great. It needs to be an interim who has their ear on the ground in the locker room.

I just get the feeling Karl is completely out of the loop with his "delegation" type of coaching.

I don't hate Karl like many on here we gave it a go and I think the players did commit to the run and gun this season and sadly it's what we all feared.

George Karl and dmc don't mix simple as that.

Don't care about the national media just fire him and move on.
Spot on.
I really liked what the interim coach of the Nets, Tony Brown, did last night. Despite having one of the worst rosters in the league he got them to play hard. I remember early in the 4th quarter when we cut the lead to about 10 he was immediately calling a time out to stop our run and it worked. And at the end of the game -even when it was clear they would win - he was furious because they did not execute the way he wanted them to. That passion is contagious and I hope Corliss would be able to do the same here.

Hello All,

Long time reader and first post in years.

I was at the game last night about 12 rows behind the kings bench. In the second half Vlade came out and sat three rows in front of me and he was pissed. A kid came for an autograph and he dismissed him. I yelled Vlade and he didn't even acknowledge. He took a couple of photos with fans after with no smiles. A heckler yelled trade Cousins to LA, we need him and he shrugged his shoulders like ehh maybe. I was not surprised to hear the news of Karl this morning after seeing that. I think a change has to happen.

Is it an acknowledgment that the players aren't trying to win playing under Karl, or some other rationalization which doesn't accept the obvious?
How is it not a tacit admission that this team is deliberately not playing up to their abilities (in other words, deliberately trying not to win)?

Why would they magically play better for a new coach, unless they are deliberately playing bad under Karl, presumably because "they've tuned him out"?
There is a chance that Karl's system and philosophy doesn't work with our players. Maybe it is the case they are trying to force a change (eg Cavs and Blatt), but at the same time it is possible that Karl's style doesn't work with the players we've got. So a new coach, with a new approach could help take the team to the next level if he gets the best out of the players. Changes in staff can, and have, had positive effects of teams in the past, and perhaps a change could help us?

As for the case for waiting, maybe they are holding on until they have gathered information on potential successors?

They might want "coach a" as their first choice, or "coach b" as their second choice, but if neither guy wants the job (their reason might be job security or not wanting it until off season), then do they still go through with firing Karl and appointing a temporary coach, or do they hold fire and wait until they can make a change that puts in place a new head coach that they want?

It's a tough decision because Karl does have a good track record of getting teams into the play offs. So maybe there is hope he can still turn it around, but if the locker room has been lost, and the damage is irreparable, then making a change could be needed even if it's just a lame duck interim head coach for the rest of the season...

dude12

Hall of Famer
Maybe the message to George is....you got these 3 games to show some type of different defensive scheme, make it happen. Whatever it takes to hold the other team to a respectable score, make it happen.

He is a HOF coach, figure it out on how to get more defense out of the team....but he's stubborn and he won't change.

The team went on a five game win streak. Suddenly the hustle and determination just stopped. Why? Are we really going to fire the coach again? The definition of insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.