Salary Dump, or all-in for the future?

Hear me out on this one, as I know I am reaching a bit.

Trade Kmart and May to the wolves for Blount, Ellington and the Jazz's first round pick which they own (should range from #10-18 depending if they make changes too.)

I have heard they would like to move this pick on several rumor sites. (I know, i know, they're not reliable.) Having those 2 picks in the (likely) 8-18 range for a draft deep in potential big men. Blout fall off at the end of the year and we replace Kmart with a cheaper, younger shooter.

The current mock draft boards include these names in that range: Aldrich, Warren, Patterson, Monroe, Cousins, Brackins, Sanders, & Vesely.

And if we don't have to throw our second rounder in, I would take a flier on that Russian kid Alexet Shved (a 6'6" bean pole of a PG) and stash him overseas for a while.

If (a big IF here) NJ get's the #1 pick(aka John Wall), I think we could convince them to trade us Devein Harris for scraps and more cap room (They want $$ to get two first tier FA's.) We would have a lot with Blount and K9 falling off the books and that could get the kings a defensive minded PG who can grow with this team.

The 10/11 Line-up as I see it:

Harris/Beno/Sergio
Evans/Greene/Ellington
Casspi/Noch/Cisco
Thompson/Cousins or Brackins or Sanders or Patterson/Brockman
Hawes/Aldrich or Pittman or Sanders

That is if we don't find deals for noch or cisco in between time.

Like I said, it is a HUGE reach and a TON of "what-ifs", but I really like the mak-up of that team and there would still be cap room to make moves or sign complimentary players.

(Apologies for the many spelling/grammar errors. I had to knock this out fast.)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Harris demands the ball way too much to be effective in a backcourt with Reke. Essentially you're trading a fullsized (albeit skinny) SG for a small six footer Comboguard that would cancel out your 6'6" superfreak combo-PG.

Plus the fact that you have Nocioni ahead of Garcia on your depth chart makes me lose all respect for you. ;)

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Don't the Jazz own the NY Knicks #1 pick, unprotected?

Yep! And thats the one I would go after. Plus, your trading Martin for pure crap. He has more value than that. I would want one of their young centers, not Blount. Give me Fesenko and the rights to Boozer and then I'll consider it.

responses...

Tetsujin- you said "Plus the fact that you have Nocioni ahead of Garcia on your depth chart makes me lose all respect for you. ;) " If you notice at the end of my post that I mention that Noch or Garcia needed to be moved as well, I think my point was made. At least one (probably two) of our wing guys need to be moved so the young guys get playing time. Also, Harris is listed at 6'3", not 6'. The reason I like him as a fit with Tyreek is that both can handle, are improving their deep shot and will defend, taking the pressure of just one true good back-court defender.

Kingster - The Jazz Pick I was refering to was thier own pick that was somehow moved to NJ through a series of other deals. So, depending on if they beging to make deadline deals (if they feel they may not make the playoffs or want to avoid the lux tax) their pick could be anywhere from late lottery to around 18.

All - I understand that we all want another young talented big and we would almost kill for the Knicks unprotected #1 pick, but if the Jazz are looking to cut salary and rebuild while still contending, I doubt they would give up a star at a 4-5 year discount.

I was just trying to find that big(ger) back-court mate that fits with Reke that could take some of the ball handling pressure off of him, so he can learn to score off the ball as well. A good defender would be prefered, as that is the direction the team appears to be heading. In doing so I would like to pick up another top 20 first rounder for next year, since there seem to be a lot of talented 4/5 men coming out this year.

Plus, it all in fun. Respected or not. :D

Yep! And thats the one I would go after. Plus, your trading Martin for pure crap. He has more value than that. I would want one of their young centers, not Blount. Give me Fesenko and the rights to Boozer and then I'll consider it.
I definitely agree with this. However, the proposed trade is with the Timberwolves, not the Jazz

We have a PG that can play very good defense for a Rookie. His name is Tyreke Evans. Why would we be going after a defensive minded PG?

I was actually thinking a defensive minded combo guard. I just thought that if the Nets get the #1 pick, Harris would be avaialbe, since they would likely take J. Wall.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was actually thinking a defensive minded combo guard. I just thought that if the Nets get the #1 pick, Harris would be avaialbe, since they would likely take J. Wall.
But if we're going by your logic. Why wouldn't the Nets want to pair two stud combo guards in their back court?

But if we're going by your logic. Why wouldn't the Nets want to pair two stud combo guards in their back court?

Being a kings fan, I am not concerned what the Nets want. I was exploring options to improve our team. But to answer your question, If I were trunning the nets, I would love to have a full size SG who posesses a fantastic shooting efficency to compliment my new superstar PG. (If you notice, I said to make this deal only IF they get the #1 pick AND take J. Wall. Those are two huge ifs.)

The way Kevin cuts and finds open perimeter shots would compliment their new creative PG. Whereas Reke is more of a drive & Dish type of PG, having another ball handler to bring the ball up occasionally would allow him to move more and find his game off the ball as well. Thus improving his overall skills.

Just to be fair, I think some of the other post mentioning Joe Johnson may be as good or better, of an idea. I just don't think he would come to the kings.