Sacramento Kings Survey

I was wondering if anyone else has received an email from the Sacramento Kings requesting participation in a online survey. The survey had a lot of interesting questions in it that gauge fan interest in a variety of topics. A few of the questions that stood out to me were...

"List 5 most likely events you would participate in when going out in Sacramento"
"Rate the character and integrity of the GM/Owner/Coaching Staff/Players on a scale of 1-10"
"If your favorite player(s) was traded, would you still be a fan of the Kings/The Traded Players/Would Not Be a fan".

The last one in particular stuck out to me, almost as if they were testing the waters to see how people would react to trading Cousins. Just seeing what other people thought of the survey.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I was wondering if anyone else has received an email from the Sacramento Kings requesting participation in a online survey. The survey had a lot of interesting questions in it that gauge fan interest in a variety of topics. A few of the questions that stood out to me were...

"List 5 most likely events you would participate in when going out in Sacramento"
"Rate the character and integrity of the GM/Owner/Coaching Staff/Players on a scale of 1-10"
"If your favorite player(s) was traded, would you still be a fan of the Kings/The Traded Players/Would Not Be a fan".

The last one in particular stuck out to me, almost as if they were testing the waters to see how people would react to trading Cousins. Just seeing what other people thought of the survey.
I took the survey, and I thought that was a bit fishy myself, now that you mention it. So I fudged the invite and took the survey again (most of the way through, anyway, I quit once I was sure so it doesn't ruin their data) posing as a Chicago Bears fan with interest in the Bulls and the Cubs. Sure enough, despite my alleged interest in the Bears, I got nothing about the Bears and all the exact same questions except posed about the Bulls/Chicago. Identical questions, identical wording, outside of drop-in boilerplate like the team and arena name. Including the "traded player" question and the "FO integrity" question. So it's pretty clear that this is an NBA survey (because it didn't direct to questions about the Bears) but NOT a Kings-initiated survey. The "traded player/FO integrity" questions would appear to be nothing but standard questions dreamed up by an NBA marketer somewhere, and not at all an attempt to gauge Kings fans' feelings about trading DeMarcus/the current FO.

I took the survey, and I thought that was a bit fishy myself, now that you mention it. So I fudged the invite and took the survey again (most of the way through, anyway, I quit once I was sure so it doesn't ruin their data) posing as a Chicago Bears fan with interest in the Bulls and the Cubs. Sure enough, despite my alleged interest in the Bears, I got nothing about the Bears and all the exact same questions except posed about the Bulls/Chicago. Identical questions, identical wording, outside of drop-in boilerplate like the team and arena name. Including the "traded player" question and the "FO integrity" question. So it's pretty clear that this is an NBA survey (because it didn't direct to questions about the Bears) but NOT a Kings-initiated survey. The "traded player/FO integrity" questions would appear to be nothing but standard questions dreamed up by an NBA marketer somewhere, and not at all an attempt to gauge Kings fans' feelings about trading DeMarcus/the current FO.
Damn fine police work detective.

It just seemed extremely suspect given all of the recent criticisms of the FO and with the new arena coming to town.

K

KingMilz

Yes