Sacramento Kings Fan Fest 2021

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I think the event has been going downhill a bit over the past 5 years or so - they used to do more of a "real" scrimmage, etc. Now it's a short one with as much defense as an all-star game and the rookie hazing is nowhere near what it once was. :)

Still OK just to go, but it was only an hour long and less entertaining than it used to be.

Warhawk

Staff member
That was probably the best part of the non-scrimmage/warmups. This kind of exemplifies the "scrimmage" portion, but with a lot of missed 3's from deep from various players. A couple of good dunks though that I didn't catch, including a 360 and one that ended up hanging from an elbow on the rim.

Edit: Oh, and in case anyone is interested, they were indeed checking for vaccination status or negative COVID test results at a screening station set back from (before you get to) the metal detectors. Unlike the final game of the season we attended last year, it looks like they are going to enforce it this season.

Last edited:
That was probably the best part of the non-scrimmage/warmups. This kind of exemplifies the "scrimmage" portion, but with a lot of missed 3's from deep from various players. A couple of good dunks though that I didn't catch, including a 360 and one that ended up hanging from an elbow on the rim.

Edit: Oh, and in case anyone is interested, they were indeed checking for vaccination status or negative COVID test results at a screening station set back from (before you get to) the metal detectors. Unlike the final game of the season we attended last year, it looks like they are going to enforce it this season.
My assumption is the vaccination status would apply to kids as well? Did you see any young kids there? I'm inclined to not take my son until he's vaccinated (none are available yet for his age group), but haven't really gotten a clear answer on whether this applies to all ages or for adults only.

Warhawk

Staff member
My assumption is the vaccination status would apply to kids as well? Did you see any young kids there? I'm inclined to not take my son until he's vaccinated (none are available yet for his age group), but haven't really gotten a clear answer on whether this applies to all ages or for adults only.
Yes, there were many kids there in attendance, including some toddler-aged ones.

According to the G1C website:

Health and Safety (nba.com)

In accordance with NBA and state health and safety guidelines, all fans ages 2+ will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after the last dose) or negative COVID-19 test within 2 days of entry into Golden 1 Center. Guidelines may differ for particular concerts and events; please refer to event pages on Golden1Center.com/events for specific protocols.

In compliance with Sacramento County Public Health order, guests ages 2+ must wear masks at all times while in the arena except when actively eating or drinking at seat or in designated eating areas.
There is also more detailed information there if you have more questions.

In the US, ages 12 and older are eligible to get the vaccine, so ages 2-11 have to have a negative test result. Ages 12+ can apparently have one or the other.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread with this. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are indeed checking this year, unlike when we went to the last game of the season last year. That may be important to some folks (some more likely to attend events, some less likely). Some may not care either way.

Last edited:
Yes, there were many kids there in attendance, including some toddler-aged ones.

According to the G1C website:

Health and Safety (nba.com)

There is also more detailed information there if you have more questions.

In the US, ages 12 and older are eligible to get the vaccine, so ages 2-11 have to have a negative test result. Ages 12+ can apparently have one or the other.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread with this. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are indeed checking this year, unlike when we went to the last game of the season last year. That may be important to some folks (some more likely to attend events, some less likely). Some may not care either way.
thx.