[Game] Sacramento Kings at Memphis Grizzlies, 12/31/23, 5 PM PST/8 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
“Flow” is also the experience Keegan described when he set the franchise 3-pt record a few nights ago. For any academic types, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi wrote entire books on flow that are routinely cited throughout social science research. So fun to see it happen right before our eyes when watching our favorite team.
how many pages were his book(s) on flow?

There is more to basketball than scoring/shooting.

Also, if you’re referring to Keegan, those stats aren’t correct.

Sasha hasn’t really shown he deserves to play over anyone that’s getting significant minutes yet, except for maybe Kevin. The coaches also see practice and know how guys are performing.

It doesn’t help that he apparently had an outburst on the bench during a game… no coach will look favorably at that.

I like Sasha and would like to see him more but I don’t feel like he has played well enough to force anyone to lose minutes.
I think your last statement sums it up perfectly. We don't know what's happening in practice and the talent is respected...but NBA cred has to be earned in the NBA. The team success still remains the greater priority. We will see what happens later on in the season.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Absolutely. To go from being the euro league MVP to a bench warmer who’s primary job seems to be to pass the ball has got to be concerning for Sasha. I continue to scratch my head at why we spend so much time passing into the Huerter black hole waiting for him to heat up again when Sasha is - by far - the better shooter. yeah yeah, “earn your PT,” “just stay ready,” blah blah blah…I believe we’re squandering some phenomenal talent by not investing in more floor time. To his credit, Sasha has stayed positive and seemingly been a real team player during this drought.
I trust Brown's coaching methodologies. He has that leader type of personality where his players will gravitate towards his words and enthusiasm and then proceed to feed off of it. In the mean time, if Vezenkov is still not seeing much playing time post All-star break, then this year may just be a transition year

Guys , if we put aside the talks about trades for a moment , and focus on next two games …. Don’t you think it is logical to try to limit the starters versus Hornets to 20/22min and try to win it with more playing time for the second and thirds unit guys ?
I mean we are heading agains BB , again ….. both at are at home and first one is against one of the worst teams , while the second is against one of the over performing so far in the season …
Isn’t it a good idea to push hard in the first 7/8 with first unit , then try to play rest of time till 4th quarter with 2/3 unit and then if necessary of course put first again in 4th as much as possible ?
No, that type of platooning never works in the NBA.

Ever.

Guys , if we put aside the talks about trades for a moment , and focus on next two games …. Don’t you think it is logical to try to limit the starters versus Hornets to 20/22min and try to win it with more playing time for the second and thirds unit guys ?
I mean we are heading agains BB , again ….. both at are at home and first one is against one of the worst teams , while the second is against one of the over performing so far in the season …
Isn’t it a good idea to push hard in the first 7/8 with first unit , then try to play rest of time till 4th quarter with 2/3 unit and then if necessary of course put first again in 4th as much as possible ?
I think overall it's best to just keep guys fresher as season goes along. However, I'd like to see something more consistent.

For example - Sabonis is playing great, but I do think they can keep him a bit fresher for later in season. He played 32 last game but that was just cause of garbage time. Doesn't seem like much but would rather have a 32-16 tandem of him & Len vs. 36-12. Less banged up & less "playing with foul trouble" too. 36 min per for a big like him just seems like too much of a pounding considering how physical he is & how much he is asked to do offensively and defensively. Both Jokic/Embiid play about 34, Embiid gets occassional rest games though & Joker isn't asked to do as much defensively as Sabonis does (Sabonis doesn't have an Aaron Gordon next to him for dirty work)

Len was an afterthought until the end of last years regular season + playoffs where he suddenly became a crucial part of the rotation.

As others have said, Vezenkov just needs to stay ready. Personally, I'm hoping HB gets the boot. That'll free up PT for Vezenkov at the 4, even if he doesn't necessarily start.
Not really.

We are set at the 1,3, and 5 positions. Kevin is struggling at the 2, but we have Monk who can soak up most of the minutes instead. So, 4 is our biggest need, and the reason you want HB to get the boot.

If we trade him, it will almost certainly be to upgrade that position. Of course, we'll need to add some sweetners in the form of prospects/picks. So, if anything, a trade is likely to diminish Sasha's opportunities, since the new addition will be expected to soak up most of the minutes (unless Lyles is also traded).

Also Hornets are comming from B2B with Denver ... so they have to be also more tired ...
Plus 5 players missing , at least 3 of them i think shuld be starter (Ball (missing the season if i remember well ) , Rozier , Hayward )

we know that doesn’t mean anything. If we pencil in a win we will ink in a loss.
haha well said ...
I don't know , i just think that there has to be much more bench time in first game , in order to keep starters fresh for the other night ...
Don't know for you guys ,but i am really pissed of watching scheduled blow outs in every B2B games ...
And having in mind that Orlando looks like younger team with desire to play , and doing it well at the moment ... Fresh legs must be involed in that game if we dont want to loose by 15-20 points

There is more to basketball than scoring/shooting.

Also, if you’re referring to Keegan, those stats aren’t correct.

Sasha hasn’t really shown he deserves to play over anyone that’s getting significant minutes yet, except for maybe Kevin. The coaches also see practice and know how guys are performing.

It doesn’t help that he apparently had an outburst on the bench during a game… no coach will look favorably at that.

I like Sasha and would like to see him more but I don’t feel like he has played well enough to force anyone to lose minutes.
What’s the scoop on the outburst on the bench?? I hadn’t heard about that…

Status
Not open for further replies.