[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 1, 0-0) 5:30pm Pacific 8:30pm Eastern

Hey, were you aware that Klay Thompson once scored 37 points in a single quarter against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I know what I'm going to get from Sabonis, Barnes and Heurter. I expect very good things from all of them, especially Sabonis. Murray, being a rookie, is the one I'm a little concerned about. He's got to be aggressive. In fact, I'd rather for him to be a little too assertive than too passive.

That leaves Fox. I think he's going to be good, but I wonder: How good exactly? The great players go to higher level in the playoffs. Can Fox truly be great? Can he play like like an All NBA player on offense AND defense? Curry is 35 years old. Fox is 25. Curry is on the downside of his career. Fox is just entering his prime. Is this drama going to be one in which we see one last curtain call from Curry with Fox taking a dutiful seat in the wings? Or is this going to be a series in which Fox scornfully rips away Curry's cape and reveals the inadequacies of an aging superstar?

Ugh...I found out last night that my son has AAU basketball games in Roseville at 5:00PM and 7:00PM, so I don't get to watch the game live. And I have to attempt to not hear anything at a basketball event. Gonna be a rough evening. Sad to miss it, but the boy comes first.
I’m gonna venture a guess and say this isn’t going to go well for you. Better wear some noise-cancelling headphones. Also, depending upon where you go, there might be a TV somewhere nearby.

Todays the day!!!:cool:

I believe Coach Brown has been holding players accountable to a higher degree all season long with hopes to prepare us for playoff series and games like these. I think thats about to pay huge dividends!

The starters are one thing. I'm super interested in how these bench units match up, I really want to see low turnovers from the bench, no cheapies allowed please:). Kuminga vs Kessler Edwards I believe will end up being a matchup thats more important than many realize. It'll be another feather in the cap of Monte McNair if Edwards can contain him, thank goodness the Nets did what they did so we have Edwards for Kuminga who shot 60% from the field in March and April, no cheapies in transition for him is especially important.

Obviously Monk can act as the great equalizer off the bench if he gets hot. Nows your time to shine Malik!! Go getem!

I'm hoping for no less than 10 FTA's from De'Aaron. We all know hes an all-star, the playoffs is where superstars are made and Fox has all the talent necessary to not only knock on that door but to kick it the **** down.

Sabonis staying out of foul trouble is so important. Pretty sure he's almost matched Draymond and Looney COMBINED in rebounds in our matchups so far. They are gonna throw the kitchen sink at Sabonis for sure.

Huerter = Clutch

I'm gonna have so much fun watching this series regardless of the outcome, you cant convince me our team isnt come back next year even better.

The Warriors know their playing with house money here in game 1, a win helps them a lot more than a loss hurts them. We got the type of team where if we win these ones at home, we can go into Oracle n rip their hearts out infront of their fans.

one last time I'm gonna post this clip of De'Aaron stuffing a Curry 3pt attempt, one of my favorite plays all season. Hope we see a few more of these.

The hype is gonna be out of control if we take out the defending champs in round 1.. Hope all the Kings fans have a great night n series, our team has fought admirably all year long. We're not scared of anyone. Enjoy the ride, THE PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!!!!

Last edited:
I’m gonna venture a guess and say this isn’t going to go well for you. Better wear some noise-cancelling headphones. Also, depending upon where you go, there might be a TV somewhere nearby.
It's at the Palace in Roseville. So probably several hundred teens and families. I want to watch with him, so we'll see. In the big picture, I'm not overly worried about it. I generally watch games on dvr. So maybe this will bring some good luck.

big fan of Vivek, those videos that got posted in this thread with him talking are all great. When I look at that stuff I cant help but think "this guys a huge fan"

whatever misteps he may have made along the way, their minor, stuff happens. guy always had his eye on the prize. he's got his heart in the right place. Lots of fanbases would love for their owner to be like him.

When I look at the Kings front office its crystal clear that everyones on the same page. Which idk if you've seen some of these exit interviews from other teams this year, but thats uncommon.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
big fan of Vivek, those videos that got posted in this thread with him talking are all great. When I look at that stuff I cant help but think "this guys a huge fan"

whatever misteps he may have made along the way, their minor, stuff happens. guy always had his eye on the prize. he's got his heart in the right place. Lots of fanbases would love for their owner to be like him.

When I look at the Kings front office its crystal clear that everyones on the same page. Which idk if you've seen some of these exit interviews from other teams this year, but thats uncommon.
I am giving most credit to Monte, Wes and Coach Brown but Vivek hired them so he's moving up my list of all time Sacramento Kings owners with a bullet. :D

What an amazing feeling. I want this win tonight for the Kings and i want the entire series. We CAN do this!! I can’t believe I’ll be in the arena tonight. LIGHT THE BEAM!!!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Kiddo's school auction is tonight. I'll have to catch the replay on League Pass 3 hours after it ends but there's probably no way I don't spoil this somehow.

Also, had a few beers last night and was all up in my feelings watching Down In the Valley. Explaining all the nuances and where I was and what I was doing throughout the relocation saga to my girlfriend. I'd be a liar if I say I didn't break down sobbing last night. What's a ride it's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.