Sabonis Injury Update

While radiographic imaging can be used to determine fractures, you can also tell bone alignment, joint quality, and progression of arthritis with x-rays as well. Further follow-up suggests questions of instability, soft tissue inflammation, or possible ligament lesion. Chronic hyper mobility is common for the hand and wrist complex, and chronic sprains can lead to more frequent sprains.

If I had to guess I would say he hyperextended and/or dislocated his thumb. Not enough trauma on that play to break bone.

The thumb catching in the jersey while the opposing player is moving is one of those injuries that happens to everyone.

If I had to guess I would say he hyperextended and/or dislocated his thumb. Not enough trauma on that play to break bone.

The thumb catching in the jersey while the opposing player is moving is one of those injuries that happens to everyone.
There is no way he broke a bone on that play, as far as I could see. Ligament damage, yes. It was a freak accident--he barely put his hand on the waist of the player he was guarding.

Please God don't let him miss any time and if so, let it be something miniscule. Im so tired of this crap bad luck wtf did we do to deserve this

at least looks like he’s not missing extended time but I’d still prefer he get more rest rather than come back early and risk worse injury
Hopefully this is one of those injuries you can’t really worsen. I trust this version of our medical staff and if they think he can power through it, we’ll be ok. Thank God he won’t be missing weeks on end. I was terrified

Don't mind if he takes these next 2 games off.. it's back to back and against arguably the best center in the league in Jokic on both nights. Kings are unlikely to win these 2 games anyways.

Is that when this happened? I thought I heard he had hurt his hand in the Charlotte game and had been managing the pain. I tuned out of the Wizards game so I’m not sure.
Yeah. Basically, from what it seems to me, the coaching staff decided to keep most of the starting lineup late in the 4th when we were down by like 20 points. It was an attempt to give the team some crisis playtime as they were trapping full court.

It wasn't anything too severe from the contact (although we've seen many athletes getting seriously injured from not-so-much contact), here's a video of it.

I would rather us try get through a week or two without him rather than risking him injuring it even further. If we can't depend on our depth to get through things like this, gonna be a crap rest of the season regardless.