Ryan Anderson

dude12

Hall of Famer
Was tweeted out during the draft that the Pels were looking to move Anderson and Austin Rivers. IIRC, it was from Woj or Stein. Have a hard time believing they would trade Anderson as he stretches it out for all of their slashers but he is a guy that would love to come back home and play and he would be a perfect fit here.

Was tweeted out during the draft that the Pels were looking to move Anderson and Austin Rivers. IIRC, it was from Woj or Stein. Have a hard time believing they would trade Anderson as he stretches it out for all of their slashers but he is a guy that would love to come back home and play and he would be a perfect fit here.
Except he also isn't a good defender. At some point, we may need a couple of those

i want them to get Anderson. Would be awesome to see him come home and also that shooting would really open things up for Rudy/Cuz to attack the paint

i want them to get Anderson. Would be awesome to see him come home and also that shooting would really open things up for Rudy/Cuz to attack the paint
I've gone back and forth on the idea. I think the obsession with "spacing" sometimes gets out of hand, but I also think that denigrating guys like Anderson as "weenie" stretch fours understates their value (of course he's still a weenie for going to Cal). Especially on the Kings, where you have Cousins and Gay operating inside (the whole idea that we resurrected Gay's efficiency was supposedly about playing him closer to the hoop, no?). When your two main offensive threats are both frontcourt players operating close to the hoop, it certainly does help to have your third frontcourt player be someone who can knock down the long ball.

I know, I know, he would do nothing to address defense. But the Kings' offense was almost as bad this season! (20th overall offensive rating, 23rd defensive rating). Yet then you really have to hang your hat on Cousins having a Marc Gasol-like defensive transformation/evolution...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd consider him for the right price, other than that I'd steer clear and just keep hoping somewhere in the back of my mind that we will actually try to get some defense.

I think this ship has sailed. If Cousins really wants to switch over to PF, then we are going to be looking for a center, not a stretch 4.

K

KingMilz

With the injuries and the fact he might not be at this most mentally stable (his wifes suicide recently) and the fact he can't play D at all kind of put's me off. We need defense unless you mean Ryan coming off the bench as the 6th man that I would not mind.

With the injuries and the fact he might not be at this most mentally stable (his wifes suicide recently) and the fact he can't play D at all kind of put's me off. We need defense unless you mean Ryan coming off the bench as the 6th man that I would not mind.
Woah, woah, woah... You want to put a player who averaged 20 PPG last season who plays poor defense as a sixth man? Are you crazy?! He deserves to be a starter [sarcasm]

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
His girlfriend died in August 2013. His stat line for 2013-2014 was:

2013–14 22 14 36.1 .438 .409 .952 6.5 .8 .5 .3 19.8

He averaged 19.8 points per game, and played an average of 36.1 minutes in the 22 games he played in. I don't think his mental stability should even be an issue.

Im on board with this. He is a great 3pt shooter which along with Stauskas could really transform their outside shooting which in turn would help Cuz. Other than last year, his rebounding isnt too bad either. Now his defense isnt very good and i would like his FG% to be a little better, but i think his ability to stretch the floor would help greatly.

I like the idea of having a "stretch 4" in the rotation, but if we're building the frontcourt that should not be a priority right now. Especially given that Nik can probably fill that (or a similar) role adequately if his game translates to the NBA.

NOLA *might* want to unload him to clear salary after this year, since they just took on $15 million for Asik and will need to re-up Asik in 2015 and Davis in 2016. However, keeping Anderson next year with Asik would be affordable but not impossible under the cap, so they should be in no hurry to trade him without incentives. So basically there's a good chance they would want a pick (prob heavy protected 1st, or unprotected 2nd).

Now we could in theory just do a straight salary dump of Terry and Outlaw + cash if the Pels really want relief on salaries right away. The problem with that is we become capped out again, and no longer have any expiring contracts to deal with. The state of our roster is so bad that we really only have flexibility for one move like this, and this move ALSO hurts our flexibility next year. RA is good but we really have enough ammo for just one shot this season, and I wouldn't take it on him.

So I like him and would love to have him, but would have to say no at the moment. Can't see a way that it helps built a better team.

He would be a nice guy to have as your 6th man provided that the guy starting next to Cousins is a major time shot blocker who can play some minutes at C.

Basically its a perfect spot for him with the Pelicans as he can play with Asik and with Davis ensuring that you always have a shot blocker next to him.

Wouldn't mind him as a 6th man but not the type of starter next to Cousins that we should be after!

I read Ersan Ilyasova is being shopped by the Bucks, I wouldn't be surprised if Pete brought him in. I'm not a big fan of Ilyasova, certainly not on this team. Decent rebounder and shooter, but a pretty bad defender.