Rudy Gay

dude12

Hall of Famer
This is meant to be a: what might the Kings get for Rudy trade thread. I personally wouldn't deal him. But knowing what the FO is trying to do as far as playing style, they may see him as a trade chip. I do believe that the FO would trade him after talking him into an extension at a team friendly rate....I think PDA would do this ....never mind the underhanded strategy.

His contract going forward next year is 12.5M.....pair him up with a Landry contract or other and then you have possibilities......
The Faried contract straight up or package deals involving Landry and then Chandler or Foye or Afflalo maybe.
PHX would be interesting if we were to go after Dragic or Bledsoe and Plumlee and some of their other guards.
NO Pelicans could move Reke out of the SF permanently by acquiring Gay....Ryan Anderson could be a target

The possibilities of actually getting a good deal are increased by trading Gay, instead of the the DWill/Landry/ Stauskas packages which really have very little value. Just saying.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
While not positive, I think there may be a trade restriction clause in Gay's contract, meaning we cannot trade him unless he agrees to the trade.

dude12

Hall of Famer
While not positive, I think there may be a trade restriction clause in Gay's contract, meaning we cannot trade him unless he agrees to the trade.
That would be interesting....I have a distrust of PDA and can see him wanting to move him now that he's under contract......a 3 year team friendly contract makes him a trade target for other teams and also what worries me is that Rudy may in fact be less than happy after the Malone firing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know a lot of posters here are questioning Rudy's effort and willingness to want to play here now but let's see if we can get a real head coach in before we make some Gay threads and possibilities of trading him for the right piece.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don't know for sure about him having a no trade clause, but I believe he can't be traded until after June 30th of this year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I know a lot of posters here are questioning Rudy's effort and willingness to want to play here now but let's see if we can get a real head coach in before we make some Gay threads and possibilities of trading him for the right piece.
If you read the first post in the 1st line, it says I wouldn't trade him personally....and it doesn't matter what any of us think, it matters what our GM's plan is right now.....whatever that may be.

I don't think Rudy has a no trade clause in his contract but due to the timing of his contract extension he cannot be traded until May 17th obviously past the deadline.

K

KingMilz

If we could get Gordon Hayward + something else from the Jazz (which the Jazz would never do) I would love to trade Rudy Gay.

I'm all for trading Rudy Gay if we can get 2 starting level (don't have to be stars) players at SF/PF.

K

KingMilz

(couldn't edit function not working)

I also would not mind depending on how the salaries are Rudy+ fillar for the Morris twins and Plum Dog

We are unable to create any offense besides DMC and Rudy going 1vs1 and drawing all the attention and a bit of a pick&roll game with DC at times. We can't trade Rudy for system players like the Morris twins, cause we have no system and no PG, who creates for his teammates at a high clip.
And I can't imagine a team giving up two starters to get Rudy, who still has the red flag of the ball dominant, selfish ISO scorer, who takes a ton of bad shots, all over him.

Handle Rudy with care.

He is the first big name to resign or extend here in some time.

That said, I'd target rfa who are young that other teams may not want to max but we would love to, like Kawhi, but I'd be shocked if the Spurs do not cave eventually.

Otherwise it is most likely going to be better to build with him than move him for decent parts, we need another cog or two with Cousins, not just good role players.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
sorry, we basically can't Trading Rudy is trading Cuz. Everybody needs a #2 weapon, and Rudy essentially represents the single and only affirmative evidence Cuz has that we are going to give him talented help.

J

jdbraver

If I'm him, I jump at the chance to get off this train wreck.