[Game] Rockets @ Kings - Friday, 11/6/15 - 7:30 PT, 10:30 ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And the hits just keep on coming. The Rockets are coming to town and ESPN is broadcasting the game. And, if that isn't enough, the next night we're facing the Warriors.

The scheduling gods hate us.

CSN Kings News ‏@CSNKings 3m3 minutes ago
Want to live stream tonight’s #SacKings game on your phone, tablet or desktop? Here’s how: http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/how-stream-kings-games-live-extra…

AND, if you want to read an excellent writeup about tonight's game, check this out:
http://www.kingsfans.com/threads/ro...15-7-30-pt-10-30-et.62747/page-4#post-1203840

Last edited:
Karl needs to realize that Cousins is a true big and can't run like Faried.

Look at the showtime era lakers. They did push the ball but they had a very good mixture of post ups for Kareem. Pat Riley knew how to use his biggest weapon. Opponents couldn't guard Kareem 1 on 1 in the post.

No one can guard our big hulking center in the post. Yet he is often getting the ball out in the perimeter and taking it to the rack. How playing like this for long periods not lead to injuries for bigs? Don't wait until a bigger injury happens.

I still have faith we can turn this thing around! We are only going to go as far as DMC can take us. We saw vs the clips that we can not only hang around vs one of the NBA best teams...but even be in a position to beat them at home or away.

It's apparent that chemistry is still lacking to say the least, who knows how long that will take to fix. If we continue to stay the course and feed the beast (DMC) we will compete every game!

However, if Cousins goes down we may as well turn off the tv and forget this season even happened. Maybe move to Belgium and farm peppers in a green house until he comes back healthy, just until the heat dies down a bit.

If Cousins is traded from the team then I suggest we become Reno Big Horn fans ASAP

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So we get to be embarrassed now on national television? great! Harden has been in a slump 5 games in, what better team than to get out of that slump? Maybe he will drop a 40 on them.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ok this is what he said

Aaron BruskiVerified account‏@aaronbruski
I think it’s still a bit up in the air, but the sense I’m getting from Kings sources is that Cousins will play on Friday vs. the Rockets.
Boogie is my sheperd, I shall not want,
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Boogie art with me
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Kings for ever

gunks

Hall of Famer
Hopefully he's good to go and we aren't rushing Cuz back due to how pathetic this team is without him.

Last thing we need is that achilles issue getting worse.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hopefully he's good to go and we aren't rushing Cuz back due to how pathetic this team is without him.

Last thing we need is that achilles issue getting worse.
It is definitely a risk.

But of course if we don't take it we are 1-7, which is another last thing we need. this is on national TV, am sure that's part of it. With the rest fo the fools wetting themselves out there without Cuz, our record is going to stink and the only way to come out of this game looking good is to actually win it. Cuz getting to play an aging in dog years Howard probably adds to it too.

This is the second consecutive year that Cousins misses time at a CRUCIAL Point of the season. Our fate can literally be decided with this upcoming stretch. Theres no way your digging yourself out of a whole to make the playoffs in the West.

This is the second consecutive year that Cousins misses time at a CRUCIAL Point of the season. Our fate can literally be decided with this upcoming stretch. Theres no way your digging yourself out of a whole to make the playoffs in the West.
Of course there is. Starting 1-7 sucks but it's far from the end, especially since a few teams in the west have started slow.

Would put pressure on us to go something like 45-29 the rest of the year but it's possible.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Man up, Big Cuz. This team is supposed to win now, right? I'm no medical expert, but I cannot imagine him rupturing or tearing his achilles if he plays.
Dude, this isn't a sprained ankle. You don't mess around with an Achilles. If something is strained, it increases the chances of a tear. Then you add to that that Cuz is 6'11" and 256-260lbs and that very few players who've blown out their Achilles have ever returned to near what they were. If Cuz were to tear his Achilles, you wouldn't see him again until preseason next year at the earliest.

So no, telling him to man up doesn't come into play here. If anyone needs to man up, it's the rest of the roster who just got ran out of the gym by Pho.

Of course there is. Starting 1-7 sucks but it's far from the end, especially since a few teams in the west have started slow.

Would put pressure on us to go something like 45-29 the rest of the year but it's possible.
I have serious doubts of that.

Dude, this isn't a sprained ankle. You don't mess around with an Achilles. If something is strained, it increases the chances of a tear. Then you add to that that Cuz is 6'11" and 256-260lbs and that very few players who've blown out their Achilles have ever returned to near what they were. If Cuz were to tear his Achilles, you wouldn't see him again until preseason next year at the earliest.

So no, telling him to man up doesn't come into play here. If anyone needs to man up, it's the rest of the roster who just got ran out of the gym by Pho.
Limit his minutes. His presence alone albeit sparingly will have an impact on this team. If this team is serious about winning now, you have to roll the dice at times and play to win.

You're obviously no medical expert and, with comments like this, I'm starting to wonder just who/what you are. Absolutely one of the most ridiculous posts I've read in a long time.
Im just a fan who wants to see his team succeed. A frustrated, upset, and desperate fan who illogically wishes that Cousins could be playing right now. Should I feel ashamed?

During the Grizzlies Blazers broadcast on TNT, I just heard Chris Webber say that the Grizzlies shouldn't be proud of themselves because they know the Kings ARE NOT a playoff team.