[Game] Rockets at Kings, 3/07/11 Game Thread

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Perfect. I'm not forgetting how good Webber was.
I actually think the below the rim game Cousins has, is better for him longterm. He's already developed some of the footwork, passing that Webb didn't develop until his athleticism started to go away. Cousins never had the athleticism to begin with.

Hey guys, I was listening to the game on the radio (on the drive home), and I heard that they're selling tickets to the Cavs game for $19.99 for the LOWER bowl? But I looked on Kings.com and it was still $39.99 (cuz you get a t-shirt and food). Did I just hear it wrong or is there a link for it?

I actually think the below the rim game Cousins has, is better for him longterm. He's already developed some of the footwork, passing that Webb didn't develop until his athleticism started to go away. Cousins never had the athleticism to begin with.
Same goes for Tyreke. His game is not above the rim, but the fact that his game is predicated on his size and strength along with his willingness to put it to work with a developing low-post game means he should be around for a long time, even when Father Time decides to take some of the athleticism away. Let's hope he develops the jumpshot and PG game to guarantee that.

DeMarcus is going to be just a night-in night-out beast when he really decides to commit to a ground-up conditioning makeover. Just imagine the change in his game if the only thing he focused on was plyometrics for a summer. If he were to take on an expansive conditioning routine beyond that, man...

QUOTE=rainmaker;813113]That was the worst fastbreak in the history of western civilization.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like quote Bill Walton would make. BTW, what happened to Walton and Jim Gray on Kings telecasts? Maybe another sign the plug on things are slowly being pulled.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
QUOTE=rainmaker;813113]That was the worst fastbreak in the history of western civilization
That sounds like quote Bill Walton would make. BTW, what happened to Walton and Jim Gray on Kings telecasts? Maybe another sign the plug on things are slowly being pulled.
I was kinda making fun of Walton there. As for the where he and Grey are, no idea.

Had this game on mute as I didn't want to hear any BS from Grant tonight, and I had paperwork to do as well. Still, even silence couldn't improve the watch-ability of this game.

It was interesting to see Terrence Williams in there at the end, a guy I wanted more than Thornton. Looked pretty good.

Had this game on mute as I didn't want to hear any BS from Grant tonight, and I had paperwork to do as well. Still, even silence couldn't improve the watch-ability of this game.

It was interesting to see Terrence Williams in there at the end, a guy I wanted more than Thornton. Looked pretty good.
Oh but you missed them talking about how great the new arena in Orlando is...

Terrence Williams is awful. (Rockets fan here) There's a reason why he only plays in garbage time. I know I havent really watched Thornton but I cant imagine him being substantially worse than Williams.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Don't know what to say about the Terrence Williams comment. He was a loose cannon in college, and he's still a loose cannon. He's a great athlete, and thats about it. Thornton actually has skills. And to say he played well tonight. He played 4 minutes of garbage time against our bench when all anybody wanted to do is just get the game over with. You can't be serious!

Just got back from the game, it was pretty competitive in the first half, not so much in the second. For such a small crowd it was decently loud at times, but started to empty out after the start of the 4th quarter. They were a lot of Sac-ra-men-to chants during freethrows, not sure if those were heard on TV.

Probably my last Kings game ill ever attend, wish it could have been a win, but i had a good time and got to see my dude Brad Miller.

Don't know what to say about the Terrence Williams comment. He was a loose cannon in college, and he's still a loose cannon. He's a great athlete, and thats about it. Thornton actually has skills. And to say he played well tonight. He played 4 minutes of garbage time against our bench when all anybody wanted to do is just get the game over with. You can't be serious!

I've just liked his game, and when he does well, he looks really good. He still needs to slow down and learn the NBA flow. He just had some nice moves in limited time, and his game fits the team's needs more than Thornton's chucking.

Less black holes on the squad the better.

This was an absolutely HORRIBLE game to attend.

I took my son to see perhaps the last game we'll get to see, and damn if it didn't feel like "What's the point of them staying if they're gonna suck THIS much?"

And from the sounds of people yelling way more than I've typically heard, the whole fanbase is getting REAL tired of the crap officiating and bias against the Kings in every damn game - even home games! The Kings ballhandlers and shooters are getting mugged repeatedly, with TONS of contact, and there's almost no calls, yet on the other end, they are repeatedly called for fouls with little contact (all of it caused by the ballhandler running into their bodies).

When the ref was ran over on one play, and then fell when being helped up by the Rocket player, the fans cheered - they liked seeing the ref fall down.

This was an absolutely HORRIBLE game to attend.

I took my son to see perhaps the last game we'll get to see, and damn if it didn't feel like "What's the point of them staying if they're gonna suck THIS much?"

And from the sounds of people yelling way more than I've typically heard, the whole fanbase is getting REAL tired of the crap officiating and bias against the Kings in every damn game - even home games! The Kings ballhandlers and shooters are getting mugged repeatedly, with TONS of contact, and there's almost no calls, yet on the other end, they are repeatedly called for fouls with little contact (all of it caused by the ballhandler running into their bodies).

When the ref was ran over on one play, and then fell when being helped up by the Rocket player, the fans cheered - they liked seeing the ref fall down.
You can't seriously blame the refs for this loss. The Kings level of play was not even up to par with summer league play. On 90% of the posessions not more than 2 Kings touched the ball. The only one who deserved to be called an NBA player out there tonight was Cousins.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
QUOTE=rainmaker;813113]That was the worst fastbreak in the history of western civilization.
That sounds like quote Bill Walton would make. BTW, what happened to Walton and Jim Gray on Kings telecasts? Maybe another sign the plug on things are slowly being pulled.[/QUOTE]

If anything the terrifying possibility exists for those that stick with the franchise that Walton will have an even bigger role next season if the team moves down into his neighborhood.