RIP Stuart Scott

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Watching him make his way to the stage at the ESPY's, I was struck by his courage and determination. There are tons of people who report on sports. There are very few who do so with the integrity and dedication of Stuart Scott. He will be missed.

#CancerSucks

Stuart was one of the really likeable guys, too. Such a horrible disease. My mother had it and my uncle passed away two days ago from lung cancer. It really is something that affects everyone. I can't wait until the day it can be cured.

RIP Stuart.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I was not a big fan of all the silly catch phrases early on but over the years he became one of the best.

I remember a few years back when his battle first became public, and then a month or so ago during the Jimmy V week when it became clear he wasn't going to beat it. He will be missed.

F cancer.

I was blown away today when I heard that he got cancer THREE TIMES. Stu beat cancer twice but the third time was not the charm. I think I use "cooler than the other side of the pillow" and "booyah" in daily conversation, lol.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think he had appendix cancer which is fairly rare and subject to recurrence. Not that you want any cancer, but the common ones we've at least made the most strides with the treatments.

I learned over the holidays that one of my ex-gf's who I hold dear had pancreatic cancer, she's actually survived longer than most, but it is another one that most don't come back from (same as Steve Jobs).