"right In The Middle"?

O

ONEZERO

THIS TEAM SEEMS TOO MUCH AS A RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NBA TYPE TEAM... BEAT UP ON THE SORRY A** TEAMS(WELL AT LEAST MOST OF THEM** NEW YORK **:rolleyes: ) AND LOSE TO THE ELITES.... ITS JUST GONNA CONTINUE LIKE THIS...

SOME TRADES TO THE BENCH WOULD HUGELY BE NEEDED RIGHT NOW... WOULDNT HURT TO GET SOME REBOUNDING AS WELL.... TONIGHTS GAME WAS JUST "YIKES"....

I SENSE KG IS COMING TO SAC:)

BUUUUUTTTTTTT.......

IM GOING TO GIVE THIS TEAM TIME... IT WAS A BACK TO BACK AGAINST A FAST AND OFFENSIVE MACHINE... THAT IS NOT AN EASY WIN TO GET... AND AS VF'S THREAD ON "YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS" CLAIMS, WERE JUST GONNA HAVE TO GIVE THE KIDS AND THE REST OF THE TEAM A LITTLE MORE TIME.....

AT LEAST WE AINT LOSING RAPIDLY AND RIDICULOUSLY LIKE WE WERE LAST YEAR FOR A STRETCH(THAT WAS JUST UGLY)...

TEN MORE GAMES IS WHAT IM GIVING YOU.... TEN MORE GAMES IS ALL THE F*** I'VE GOT:D ...

PEACE AND JUST KEEP THE STRESS LEVEL DOWN FOR YOUR OWN GOOD... BELIEVE ME, IM STRESSED, BUT IM TRYING TO HOLD IT IN..... OFF TO GO PLAY POOL I GO IN MY GARAGE... HOPEFULLY I DONT SCRATCH MY FELT:eek: .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Dude... Please lay off the all caps stuff. Sometimes it's much better NOT to hit the "Submit" button when you're in a mood like this.

K

Kings241

VF21 said:

Dude... Please lay off the all caps stuff. Sometimes it's much better NOT to hit the "Submit" button when you're in a mood like this.
But i feel the same as him and its hard to control it especially when you know your team could of done much better then this.

First post here...I think people are losing hope too quickly. They lost to a good team on the road by 7 points after winning 3 in a row. That's not a big deal. You can't win every game, especially with a team that's so different from last year and has alot of young players on the bench. It could be so much worse, our team has only just started to come together the last few games, and trades at this point will probably just kill any chemistry they've built so far. This team has the potential to be a great one, and we've seen glimpses of it here and there. Have more patience and appreciate the wins we have. There are plenty of teams doing even worse so far.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings241 said:
But i feel the same as him and its hard to control it especially when you know your team could of done much better then this.
You know your team could have done better? And how do you figure that? Based on record? Based on how often guys like Jason Richardson light up the Kings even when they're doing well?

It's hard to control? If you say so...

I'm really glad that I have no expectations for this team right now, the stress along with finals would probably make me pass out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sirius said:
First post here...I think people are losing hope too quickly. They lost to a good team on the road by 7 points after winning 3 in a row. That's not a big deal. You can't win every game, especially with a team that's so different from last year and has alot of young players on the bench. It could be so much worse, our team has only just started to come together the last few games, and trades at this point will probably just kill any chemistry they've built so far. This team has the potential to be a great one, and we've seen glimpses of it here and there. Have more patience and appreciate the wins we have. There are plenty of teams doing even worse so far.
First, welcome to Kingsfans.com! Be sure and visit the Lounge and post in the "new member" thread.

;)

You hit the nail right on the head IMHO. "You can't win every game..."

Unfortunately, some people get way too giddy about every win, so they just about have to head for a high building after every loss. We really should be thankful that Geoff Petrie is much more level-headed.

Again, welcome!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
We are 28th or 29th in the league in FG% against. If we continue that streak I can promise that we may not even be a middle of the road team. Still its a great possibility b/c the offense should become very potent, but the defense is terrible, just TERRIBLE!!!

No matter if we win the game or not, that is just not acceptable. Weren't the Maloofs all over the place in the offseason saying they realized that defense is the key to a championship. Wow, glad they found the key to winning.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
We are 28th or 29th in the league in FG% against. If we continue that streak I can promise that we may not even be a middle of the road team. Still its a great possibility b/c the offense should become very potent, but the defense is terrible, just TERRIBLE!!!

No matter if we win the game or not, that is just not acceptable. Weren't the Maloofs all over the place in the offseason saying they realized that defense is the key to a championship. Wow, glad they found the key to winning.
That's really the problem -- I think this team is beginning to realize its potential offensively and can be potent. But there is no "potential for greatness" or even "goodness" really on defense/glass. Bonzi is doing more than I ever imagined he would, and yet still we are getting beat in all the same ways. That's the real capper to how good we can become. We score 105. That should win 95% of the time. Not for us. For us the other team can easily score 113 on any night.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacTownKid said:

Of course it's not acceptable. As upset as some fans are, do you really think the team is happy about their performance tonight? What about Adelman and the coaching staff?

It is, however, one game after THREE wins. That is improvement. You have to crawl before you can walk, you have to walk before you can run. The Kings are NOT a fait accomplait. They are very much a work in progress and people need to keep that in mind at all times - both after giddy wins and losses like this.

It's not really about individual defense it's about team defense and the coaching staff seems to not be able to relay this to the team. There is no help defense and, on the rare occasion they do help, no one rotates over to "help the helper" and this leads to easy buckets and everyone on the floor staring at each other. Take some time to watch San Antonio and their help D, it's a work of art.

K

Kings241

Our defense is based on the style of offense we play. Our bigs are so used to staying in the high post that there isnt anyone to help out in the low block and thats where we get tortured. Lack of rebounding is also based on that. I mean do how many centers do you see out there jacking 3's from the perimeter. :eek:

A

AriesMar27

its about hitting some god damn freethrows..... if the ft's had gone in we would have won and we wouldnt be having this conversation.... just like the very popular,"this offense doesnt win championships/defense wins championships" arguements... if the ft's had gone in we wouldnt be arguing about the defense and rebounding....

well..... we would argue about the rebounding..... how is miller sucking so much? and i sure as hell dont see why reef is so bad also...

I'm really curious about Miller. He was never a great rebounder, but since the broken leg, he has never been the same. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever get back to where he was. Even that would be an improvement.

P

playmaker0017

BMiller52 said:
Give the ball to bibby! Let Mike make plays. Please???
Because it's a team game.

Bibby was hot the last few games, and he's got the shot attempts to show for it. He's averaged some 18 to 20 shots over the last 5 games. How many more shots should he take?

Last night Bibby came back down to Earth and shot a much more human 42% from the field and still popped off 19 shots.

How many more touches does he need?

playmaker0017 said:
Because it's a team game.

Bibby was hot the last few games, and he's got the shot attempts to show for it. He's averaged some 18 to 20 shots over the last 5 games. How many more shots should he take?

Last night Bibby came back down to Earth and shot a much more human 42% from the field and still popped off 19 shots.

How many more touches does he need?
No I mean make him get assists.

P

playmaker0017

BMiller52 said:
No I mean make him get assists.
Quite simply, Mike Bibby is a SG in the body of a PG.

Bibby is a decent enough PG, that's for sure, but he prefers the role of the SG. He seems to play better in that role. I didn't watch the Kings in the early years enough, but I saw him in Vancouver, and I can say I never really saw him GET other guys really good looks through penetration or whatever.

SacTownKid said:

Opponents FG% gots to go! Defense in the second half, gots to go! Really bad D, and just couldn't stop them. After 10-15 more games, and the Kings STILL aren't .500 or better, we are in deep doo-doo. Kings could of played better yesterday but Jason Richardson was just killing them with his ATHLETISM. Bonzi is doing GREAT at EVERYTHING!! Too bad the Kings aren't going where Bonzi is.

I think that Bibby needs to learn something called DEFENSE. He is why the Kings are losing on defense. Bibby is guarding the opposing PG and the PG penetrates past Bibby and gets open shots by passing it to hte other player because someone has to help out Bibby guarding the PG. That can't happen!! That was why Dunleavly made those killer 3's later in the game! Bibby's defense gots to go.............

ONEZERO said:
THIS TEAM SEEMS TOO MUCH AS A RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NBA TYPE TEAM... BEAT UP ON THE SORRY A** TEAMS(WELL AT LEAST MOST OF THEM** NEW YORK **:rolleyes: ) AND LOSE TO THE ELITES.... ITS JUST GONNA CONTINUE LIKE THIS...

SOME TRADES TO THE BENCH WOULD HUGELY BE NEEDED RIGHT NOW... WOULDNT HURT TO GET SOME REBOUNDING AS WELL.... TONIGHTS GAME WAS JUST "YIKES"....

I SENSE KG IS COMING TO SAC:)

BUUUUUTTTTTTT.......

IM GOING TO GIVE THIS TEAM TIME... IT WAS A BACK TO BACK AGAINST A FAST AND OFFENSIVE MACHINE... THAT IS NOT AN EASY WIN TO GET... AND AS VF'S THREAD ON "YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS" CLAIMS, WERE JUST GONNA HAVE TO GIVE THE KIDS AND THE REST OF THE TEAM A LITTLE MORE TIME.....

AT LEAST WE AINT LOSING RAPIDLY AND RIDICULOUSLY LIKE WE WERE LAST YEAR FOR A STRETCH(THAT WAS JUST UGLY)...

TEN MORE GAMES IS WHAT IM GIVING YOU.... TEN MORE GAMES IS ALL THE F*** I'VE GOT:D ...

PEACE AND JUST KEEP THE STRESS LEVEL DOWN FOR YOUR OWN GOOD... BELIEVE ME, IM STRESSED, BUT IM TRYING TO HOLD IT IN..... OFF TO GO PLAY POOL I GO IN MY GARAGE... HOPEFULLY I DONT SCRATCH MY FELT:eek: .
It's December 1st, and 15 games in. Chill down and save this for Feb

Looking at the roster and the additions made, it looked like a middle of the pack team to me back in September.

Like most teams firmly entrenched in mediocrity, the Kings are very predictable. If you get too down, you're going to get over-excited and get too high on the team when they smash a young Bobcats-type of team. If you look at them as a mediocre and mostly unimpressive squad, then you'll avoid the mood swings and anxiety. Sports are too much fun for all the handwringing and bellyaching that's going on for this very average team.

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bballkingsrock said:
Opponents FG% gots to go! Defense in the second half, gots to go! Really bad D, and just couldn't stop them. After 10-15 more games, and the Kings STILL aren't .500 or better, we are in deep doo-doo. Kings could of played better yesterday but Jason Richardson was just killing them with his ATHLETISM. Bonzi is doing GREAT at EVERYTHING!! Too bad the Kings aren't going where Bonzi is.

I think that Bibby needs to learn something called DEFENSE. He is why the Kings are losing on defense. Bibby is guarding the opposing PG and the PG penetrates past Bibby and gets open shots by passing it to hte other player because someone has to help out Bibby guarding the PG. That can't happen!! That was why Dunleavly made those killer 3's later in the game! Bibby's defense gots to go.............
Kings always get killed by athletic players. Look who we have defending the paint. I swear, Brad is looking like Vlade on both ends of the floor. At least Vlade was a good "actor". I miss the flops. Of course thats probably what ruined his back.

T

thesanityannex

SacTownKid said:
Kings always get killed by athletic players. Look who we have defending the paint. .
we scored more in the paint against g.s.

that counts for something

It is hard being the fan of an AVERAGE team. Unfortunately, that is what we have been so far this season. I still believe that some moves will be made to change that - at least I hope so. The middle of the pack is NEVER a fun place.

I think most of us knew coming into the season that we were not going to be contenders this year but knowing it does not make it any easier to watch. My opinion is that we have a talented group of players that are under-achieving but have the potential to pick up.

I agree with the posts that have stated that it is too early to toss the whole team out the window, but some changes will have to be made. We just do not need any rash decisions made.

As much as I get upset reading some of the comments that (IMHO) are overly critical, at least we still have fans that are passionate enough to get upset when our team does not live up to our expectations. I just try to remind myself that sometimes "giving it time" is more than just a few games. It is a season- sometimes more. Such is the life of a fan.:rolleyes:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
thesanityannex said:
we scored more in the paint against g.s.

that counts for something
Yeah but we gave up too many easy dunks, layups, and second chances. To compensate for our lack of interior D the whole team collapses into the paint to help and bingo, we get lit up by the 3 ball.

O

ONEZERO

VF21 said:

its just all caps... no yellow font... no 5000 size font... whats your point?