Rebounding

complete disaster, we were just outplayed, and thats an understatement. I didn't see much fire coming from the team like it was just a "whatever" game.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I agree, it was one of those nights when the speed of the Thunder made us look silly.
Just another reason why you don't reach for a big man in the draft if you have Wall or Turner sitting there. I can't complain about Hawes in this game other than the fact that eventually he's going to have to be able to punish this type of team in the paint. But that also requires the wings to be able to get it to him in the paint, as well as Landry. If you can't punish them in the interior, you're dead.

It was their athleticism that killed us... Durant basically has Tyreke Evans' god like arms plus the bonus of being like 6'10. The Kings have absolutely no answer to a guy like that on the boards. Same goes for a player like Westbrook who can jump out of the gym. Jeff Green being their PF as well really helps them against a team like us. The only way we could have countered their rebounding is to have a guy like Amare Stoudamire. A guy with a big body and out of this world hops. Unfortuneatly we have nothign close and got destroyed.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Kings had been in top 5 rebounding until latest trade. now will take time for Landry to get acclimated and maybe see some rebs from Dorsey. Plus JT and Brockman were always good for 8-10 rebs. But the Thunder quickness was the key tonight compounded by lack of switching off during Thunder layup drills. But Westbrook is the quickest to the bucket of anyone I've seen this year so he gets half the credit for Kings poor rebounding. Still it was a 1-point game in last 2-3 min. So our boys were doing something right as Thunder played a good game and are a better team.

gunks

Hall of Famer
It was their athleticism that killed us... Durant basically has Tyreke Evans' god like arms plus the bonus of being like 6'10. The Kings have absolutely no answer to a guy like that on the boards. Same goes for a player like Westbrook who can jump out of the gym. Jeff Green being their PF as well really helps them against a team like us. The only way we could have countered their rebounding is to have a guy like Amare Stoudamire. A guy with a big body and out of this world hops. Unfortuneatly we have nothign close and got destroyed.

Or with JT.

Get well soon big fella!

My question is......Is Hawes going to get benched again?

We didn't have Thompson and Brockman, but we still had this supposedly 7-ft "future center" who just complained of limited playing time and confused about his role. Was he not supposed to step-up his game ( especially his rebounding ), especially that we didn't have Brockman and Thompson?

Three rebounds for a center who complains about not getting enough playing time?

Three rebounds for the lone big that we were counting on and it happened even without Brockman and Thompson competing with him in that department?

Im good with Hawes right now, he will never dominate the paint/glass but he is developing a skill set that can be invaluable to the team.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yeah with Jt and Brockman both out and Landry isn't the greatest rebounder (we knew that coming in) same with Hawes. So its no suprise our rebounding is going to suffer. Also with Omri having to shadow Durant he doesn't focus on the boards as much.