• sleeping

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • eating like a pig

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • not-so-indiscreetly reading a book for grown-ups

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
He legit plays like a small forward mobility wise
How about a guard? Trill was isolated defensively against Kyle Lowry and DeMar Derozan and neither one could take advantage. Lowry tried to put a few moves on, but Willie stayed right with him and forced a pass.

Also, late in the game when Rondo picked Lowry's pocket -- you could tell that play was the result of film study. Rondo knew exactly where Kyle was going to be positioned once he got by and stripped the ball from behind. Too bad Marco didn't nail the 3 on the other end.

VF21. just curious, are you male or female? if you don't feel comfortable in answering that, no worries. A couple of times I wanted to say "Sir" or refer to "his post"(when referring to something you wrote), but I wasn't sure,which is the only reason I'm asking......
Your profile picture doesn't help because that could either be you or a significant other lol.......Anyway, either way you answer is fine with me :).........

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VF21. just curious, are you male or female? if you don't feel comfortable in answering that, no worries. A couple of times I wanted to say "Sir" or refer to "his post"(when referring to something you wrote), but I wasn't sure,which is the only reason I'm asking......
Your profile picture doesn't help because that could either be you or a significant other lol.......Anyway, either way you answer is fine with me :).........
1. Look closely at the avatar. That's Vlade on the Harley. :)
2. I've mentioned many times that I'm a grandmother, so there's no problem with you asking.

K

KingMilz

Kings have a big three in Cuz, Gay, Rondo and a strong supporting cast in WCS, Collison, Omri, Marco, 2K, Ben coming on now and even Acy and Seth have been productive in their stints. Acys defense has been sensational the last two games. Very agile at covering pick and rolls.
When him or Willy along with either Rudy/Casspi are in the game our ability to cover distances is just nasty. Acy/WCS do a better job defending opposition guards than our actual guards do.

Though Boogie got off to slow start, and only 44% FGs, he's up to 56.2% TS which is the highest of his career, due to his 3s and 11 FTA per game (also a career high.) I would expect Boogie to be at about 58% TS this year, which would be awesome given his usage rate.

With improving chemistry, 3s and Rondo dropping dimes, it is not inconceivable Boogie can get to 60% TS. Combined with his ability to defend thats MVP level on both ends of the floor.. And better than all-star and 2-3 notches better than Marc Gasol's play who the majority of GMs chose as the best center in the NBA.
Boogie can (and is) make that assessment look foolish along with Ziller notion that it is time to see what the trade market can bear (um...no.)

Though Boogie got off to slow start, and only 44% FGs, he's up to 56.2% TS which is the highest of his career, due to his 3s and 11 FTA per game (also a career high.) I would expect Boogie to be at about 58% TS this year, which would be awesome given his usage rate.

With improving chemistry, 3s and Rondo dropping dimes, it is not inconceivable Boogie can get to 60% TS. Combined with his ability to defend thats MVP level on both ends of the floor.. And better than all-star and 2-3 notches better than Marc Gasol's play who the majority of GMs chose as the best center in the NBA.
Boogie can (and is) make that assessment look foolish along with Ziller notion that it is time to see what the trade market can bear (um...no.)
If Boogie gets to .600 TS% I'm throwing a goddamn party, because that would be one of the greatest seasons scoring the ball ever.

Here's the list of players who have achieved .600 TS% and 30 USG% in NBA History:

-Michael Jordan (4x)
-Lebron James (4x)
-Kevin Durant (3x)
-Larry Bird
-Shaquille O'Neal
-James Harden

That's the whole list.

Now, I highly doubt Cousins gets to .600 TS%, but I have no doubt he can maintain this efficiency going forward, even if his 3p% comes down. Mainly because he's shooting only 47% at the rim, which is about 20% below his career average. That number will assuredly go up; he's missed so many bunnies this season I've lost count.

If Boogie gets to .600 TS% I'm throwing a goddamn party, because that would be one of the greatest seasons scoring the ball ever.

Here's the list of players who have achieved .600 TS% and 30 USG% in NBA History:

-Michael Jordan (4x)
-Lebron James (4x)
-Kevin Durant (3x)
-Larry Bird
-Shaquille O'Neal
-James Harden

That's the whole list.

Now, I doubt Cousins gets to .600 TS%, but I have no doubt he can maintain this efficiency going forward, even if his 3p% comes down. Mainly because he's shooting only 47% at the rim, which is about 20% below his career average. That number will assuredly go up; he's missed so many bunnies this season I've lost count.
60% TS would be quite a feat, especially in historic context you provide but consider (1) Boogies is shooting 2 more FTAs per game than last year (2) is averaging 2 3s per game after averaging zero (3) Rondo has assisted on 45% of his FGs and (4) he is entering his prime as a player and (5) he is likely going to make more shots around the rim (as you said)

He is a 56.2% despite a 5-20 game and 5-15 game. Given these factors 58% to 60% TS is within his potential. I like him shooting 3s when he is selective and feeling it because he shoots it so easily and gets clean looks at hoop. I actually feel more confident at times when he launches the 3 then when he tries to score when the paint is over crowded since he doesn't always get great lift.

As great as the players on the list above are, none of them have the combination of inside power and outside touch. Those players are superior in overall talent and efficiency but his size and agility and shooting touch are pretty much unparalleled. If Rondo can continue to get him easy looks I think he can join this group.