Votes: 12 40.0%
  • eating like a pig

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • not-so-indiscreetly reading a book for grown-ups

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Contractually obligated to not be doing any extra curricular creative stuff but I had some free time so here's a little something something.

The View from the Other Side

The following has been taken from NetsDaily.com

• 2:12 A Nets win would help seal the wound the Jets left me Such a pathetic performance.
  • 2:56 should be a fun game between the leagues two most dysfunctional franchises and its on nba tv for some hilarious reason!
  • 8:58 The Nets aren't dysfunctional the way the Kings are the Kings are a MESS with the coaching staff and players, particularly DMC, in open combat.The GM and owner and the coach are on different pages.
  • 6:15 Kings may be bad and dysfunctional But they just smoked a hot Pistons team. The team has talent unlike us. I’m just hoping they implode during this game. Their PG situation should be interesting. Karl played Rondo 48 minutes during that Pistons game because of the injury situation with their backups. This is another game that Larkin should be able to take advantage and come up big again. Fingers crossed.
  • 9:40 I think its time for the Kings to pull the plug on Cousins
    Does this make sense?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ns98pry
    Boston would have to send the Kings two 1st round draft picks as well.
  • 12:32 I wonder if the Kings would do this deal
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o6gwbc4

They are going nowhere fast and we need the eighth spot in east.

will free up cap space for them, without our cap space taking that much of a hit, with money left to still offer Conley a contract.

What do you guys think?
  • 1:09 Boogie
    Boogie Cousins is a top ten player in this league. Teams are on the phone offering the Kings loads of #1’s and good young players for him. But the Kings will not get full value, teams never do when they are trying to trade a star. When does Boogie become a free agent?
  • 9:02 I can't wait until 10! Brookie v. Boogie.
    Do the comment threads auto update on the phone to add new comments?
    We need a live chat.
    Who am I kidding, i’ll fall asleep before halftime and watch the rest in the morning
  • 10:14 DMC shoots 3s now?
    Man, this league is turning into something else\
    10:14 Dude went like 4-6 the other day
    He is the true definition of a monster. Truly unstoppable if that he develops that​
  • 10:20 Kings are awful
  • 10:26 Rondo is a great match up for jack, he can fall asleep defensively as much as he wants
  • 10:27 I don't like T-Rob on Cousins
  • 10:36 If we weren't playing one of the worst teams in the NBA with a dead-man-walking head coach and two volatile stars...
    I’d be happy right now.
  • 10:37 Rondo would serve this team much better than the Kings
    Cousins is a ball dominant big. Bropez could benefit greatly from a player like Rondo
  • 10:38 I never seen such a tunel vision player as Bargs
    dude didn’t pass once with Nets in regular season
  • 10:44 I'm not afraid of the Sacramento Queens
  • 10:44 This game could be blowout without that tard Bargs
    dude is usless, on defense chair does better job than him, on offense he didn’t pass freaking ball once. I don’t care about his mid range bricks he didn’t even look to pass ball, just takes- bricks in YOLO style. . No IQ whatsoever
  • 11:00cousins is gonna throw something at halftime
    game is getting out hand, hollins needs bargs back in to make this competitve
  • 11:02 Rondo is single handedly keeping the Kings in it
    Man wish we could get him and McLemore
    11:03 The Brooklyn hipsters would buy McLemore jerseys just because of Macklemore.
  • 11:07 somebody get lopez some food
    he’s resorting to eating clothes
  • 11:09 in a game with two of the nbas elite centers
    They both are playing like crap.
    Anytime Larkin and bogs has good games together we’re gonna have a chance to win the game . Hopefully they keep it up in the second half.
  • 11:10 i watched one quarter of kings/lakers
    but this is the first time im really watching kings play….they kinda suck. cousins is gonna be real sad when the team is 10-20 in a couple months
  • 11:18 The Kings are so bad
    The fact they are still in this is so discouraging
  • 11:28 would be funny if the kings lost this
    and decided to trade cousins to boston for the brooklyn pick
  • 11:31 Kings may be tanking
    Whether a Cousins trade opens up or not they need to tank
  • 11:33 3/15 for cousins
    ouch. this kings team is getting real close to defcon 5
  • 11:34 Brook looking like a man down low
    versus Dwight and Cousins
  • 11:38 These kings announcers Def don't talk about cousins like a franchise player
    He must be truly annoying for them to be as candid about him as they are
  • 11:38
    if boogie can shoot like 35% from 3, he's gonna be a problem
    11:40 A problem? How about best player in the game
    Seriously how do u stop him if that’s the case? He’s quick enough to drive against slow centers and can shooter over guards outside.
  • 11:39
    When I see Cousins shoot that I just say to myself
    Why is this happening
  • 11:40
    Woooowww Cousins is going bananas
  • 12:04 He really was.
    Much better than Cousins.

I’m torn on who I would want. Cousins has the tools to be much better than Lopez but its been years. I’m losing hope for him.

Meanwhile Lopez will be as good as he is or better for the next 10 years or more.

I personally would trade Lopez for Cousins but ONLY because I like Cousins style and attitude more. I am a fan and the Nets are boring. I am watching more and more Knicks lately. Counsins would bring some excitement.

Also I think Cousins would be better for recruitment. Players do have relationships with one another and if you’re asking most star players in the NBA who they’d wanna play with, they would say Cousins.

There are some great targets coming.

So I’d trade Lopez for Cousins for the future of The Nets but not for basketball reasons
  • 11:41 What is going on
  • 11:43 Isnt fair
  • 11:43
    Not even mad honestly
    Cousins is unguardable
  • 11:43 Imagine cousins and lopez on the same team?
    It could have happened
  • 11:45 Thank God for Karl
    best defense Nets have
  • 11:45 Who was here earlier saying we have as much talent as the kings?
    Huh? Step up and reveal yourself
  • 11:45 finally, karl stops cousins
    cuz no one on the nets could
    lol, karl trying to get himself fired
  • 11:47 That was a sad 3rd quarter
    what else is new?
  • 11:55 No but seriously who said we have more talent than the kings. I want to hear you admit u were wrong
  • 12:05 You can just see how much better Cousins is than Brook in this game
    The guy takes over games in a big way.
  • 12:12 cousins is so good
  • 12:16 DMC out!
    refs and Karl were our best defense
  • 12:17 the way we defend 3's...golden state may legit set a record tomorrow of 3 pointers made
  • 12:18 Hollins should have done hack a Rondo the whole 4th when Cousins couldn't miss
  • 12:24 this is a tough one, they played really well for the most part
    Cousins just went nuts on us
  • 12:29 these homer kings announcers dear god
    I am so glad we have the best announcing crew
  • 12:34 oh my god
  • 12:35 can we ever get a shot up at the end of a game?!??!?!?
    it’s either a bad pass or we can’t even get the ball in. dear god
  • 12:37lmao @ this commercial
    "Brads been taking painkillers"
    Please give me some, brad.
  • 1:28 I don't think DMC has the basketball IQ to win a championship
    so i’d actually welcome the celtics trading all our picks away for Boogie. At least we won’t have to see Bill Simmon’s tweet our record every night
  • 12:52 the nets just lost to a dysfunctional 2-7 kings team who were also missing collison and gay. terrible loss
    i dont know how much worse it could get then a loss like this (maybe the sixers ) but im sure we will find out as this season rolls on
  • 3:05 Favors vs Cousins
    Anyone still think we should have drafted Favors ? I know that got us Deron Williams. And I’m not even knocking King for how DWill turned out (although the due diligence should have told him DWill’s lack of worth ethic). But he did look like one of the top PG’s in the league when he was in Utah. BUT anyone looking at Cousins could see that this guy was going to be a super-star. I remember when they brought in Cousins to go head-to-head with Favors. You could just see that Cousins was going to be something special. He had everythign you want in a big-man … He had a great post game, he could shoot … and a great (not good) rebounder. I know … I know … he’s a head case … But he and Lopez would have been the dominant big men in the league for years to come. It’s not like we had any answers at PF at that time either … The guy is Dwight Howard with a jump shot. Just dumb to have missed on that one …

Last edited:
Placeholder

The View from the Other Side

The following has been taken from NetsDaily.com

• 2:12 A Nets win would help seal the wound the Jets left me Such a pathetic performance.
  • 2:56 should be a fun game between the leagues two most dysfunctional franchises and its on nba tv for some hilarious reason!
  • 8:58 The Nets aren't dysfunctional the way the Kings are the Kings are a MESS with the coaching staff and players, particularly DMC, in open combat.The GM and owner and the coach are on different pages.
  • 6:15 Kings may be bad and dysfunctional But they just smoked a hot Pistons team. The team has talent unlike us. I’m just hoping they implode during this game. Their PG situation should be interesting. Karl played Rondo 48 minutes during that Pistons game because of the injury situation with their backups. This is another game that Larkin should be able to take advantage and come up big again. Fingers crossed.
  • 9:40 I think its time for the Kings to pull the plug on Cousins
    Does this make sense?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ns98pry
    Boston would have to send the Kings two 1st round draft picks as well.
  • 12:32 I wonder if the Kings would do this deal
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o6gwbc4

They are going nowhere fast and we need the eighth spot in east.

will free up cap space for them, without our cap space taking that much of a hit, with money left to still offer Conley a contract.

What do you guys think?
  • 1:09 Boogie
    Boogie Cousins is a top ten player in this league. Teams are on the phone offering the Kings loads of #1’s and good young players for him. But the Kings will not get full value, teams never do when they are trying to trade a star. When does Boogie become a free agent?
  • 9:02 I can't wait until 10! Brookie v. Boogie.
    Do the comment threads auto update on the phone to add new comments?
    We need a live chat.
    Who am I kidding, i’ll fall asleep before halftime and watch the rest in the morning
  • 10:14 DMC shoots 3s now?
    Man, this league is turning into something else\
    10:14 Dude went like 4-6 the other day
    He is the true definition of a monster. Truly unstoppable if that he develops that​
  • 10:20 Kings are awful
  • 10:26 Rondo is a great match up for jack, he can fall asleep defensively as much as he wants
  • 10:27 I don't like T-Rob on Cousins
  • 10:36 If we weren't playing one of the worst teams in the NBA with a dead-man-walking head coach and two volatile stars...
    I’d be happy right now.
  • 10:37 Rondo would serve this team much better than the Kings
    Cousins is a ball dominant big. Bropez could benefit greatly from a player like Rondo
  • 10:38 I never seen such a tunel vision player as Bargs
    dude didn’t pass once with Nets in regular season
  • 10:44 I'm not afraid of the Sacramento Queens
  • 10:44 This game could be blowout without that tard Bargs
    dude is usless, on defense chair does better job than him, on offense he didn’t pass freaking ball once. I don’t care about his mid range bricks he didn’t even look to pass ball, just takes- bricks in YOLO style. . No IQ whatsoever
  • 11:00cousins is gonna throw something at halftime
    game is getting out hand, hollins needs bargs back in to make this competitve
  • 11:02 Rondo is single handedly keeping the Kings in it
    Man wish we could get him and McLemore
    11:03 The Brooklyn hipsters would buy McLemore jerseys just because of Macklemore.
  • 11:07 somebody get lopez some food
    he’s resorting to eating clothes
  • 11:09 in a game with two of the nbas elite centers
    They both are playing like crap.
    Anytime Larkin and bogs has good games together we’re gonna have a chance to win the game . Hopefully they keep it up in the second half.
  • 11:10 i watched one quarter of kings/lakers
    but this is the first time im really watching kings play….they kinda suck. cousins is gonna be real sad when the team is 10-20 in a couple months
  • 11:18 The Kings are so bad
    The fact they are still in this is so discouraging
  • 11:28 would be funny if the kings lost this
    and decided to trade cousins to boston for the brooklyn pick
  • 11:31 Kings may be tanking
    Whether a Cousins trade opens up or not they need to tank
  • 11:33 3/15 for cousins
    ouch. this kings team is getting real close to defcon 5
  • 11:34 Brook looking like a man down low
    versus Dwight and Cousins
  • 11:38 These kings announcers Def don't talk about cousins like a franchise player
    He must be truly annoying for them to be as candid about him as they are
  • 11:38
    if boogie can shoot like 35% from 3, he's gonna be a problem
    11:40 A problem? How about best player in the game
    Seriously how do u stop him if that’s the case? He’s quick enough to drive against slow centers and can shooter over guards outside.
  • 11:39
    When I see Cousins shoot that I just say to myself
    Why is this happening
  • 11:40
    Woooowww Cousins is going bananas
  • 12:04 He really was.
    Much better than Cousins.

I’m torn on who I would want. Cousins has the tools to be much better than Lopez but its been years. I’m losing hope for him.

Meanwhile Lopez will be as good as he is or better for the next 10 years or more.

I personally would trade Lopez for Cousins but ONLY because I like Cousins style and attitude more. I am a fan and the Nets are boring. I am watching more and more Knicks lately. Counsins would bring some excitement.

Also I think Cousins would be better for recruitment. Players do have relationships with one another and if you’re asking most star players in the NBA who they’d wanna play with, they would say Cousins.

There are some great targets coming.

So I’d trade Lopez for Cousins for the future of The Nets but not for basketball reasons
  • 11:41 What is going on
  • 11:43 Isnt fair
  • 11:43
    Not even mad honestly
    Cousins is unguardable
  • 11:43 Imagine cousins and lopez on the same team?
    It could have happened
  • 11:45 Thank God for Karl
    best defense Nets have
  • 11:45 Who was here earlier saying we have as much talent as the kings?
    Huh? Step up and reveal yourself
  • 11:45 finally, karl stops cousins
    cuz no one on the nets could
    lol, karl trying to get himself fired
  • 11:47 That was a sad 3rd quarter
    what else is new?
  • 11:55 No but seriously who said we have more talent than the kings. I want to hear you admit u were wrong
  • 12:05 You can just see how much better Cousins is than Brook in this game
    The guy takes over games in a big way.
  • 12:12 cousins is so good
  • 12:16 DMC out!
    refs and Karl were our best defense
  • 12:17 the way we defend 3's...golden state may legit set a record tomorrow of 3 pointers made
  • 12:18 Hollins should have done hack a Rondo the whole 4th when Cousins couldn't miss
  • 12:24 this is a tough one, they played really well for the most part
    Cousins just went nuts on us
  • 12:29 these homer kings announcers dear god
    I am so glad we have the best announcing crew
  • 12:34 oh my god
  • 12:35 can we ever get a shot up at the end of a game?!??!?!?
    it’s either a bad pass or we can’t even get the ball in. dear god
  • 12:37lmao @ this commercial
    "Brads been taking painkillers"
    Please give me some, brad.
  • 1:28 I don't think DMC has the basketball IQ to win a championship
    so i’d actually welcome the celtics trading all our picks away for Boogie. At least we won’t have to see Bill Simmon’s tweet our record every night
  • 12:52 the nets just lost to a dysfunctional 2-7 kings team who were also missing collison and gay. terrible loss
    i dont know how much worse it could get then a loss like this (maybe the sixers ) but im sure we will find out as this season rolls on
  • 3:05 Favors vs Cousins
    Anyone still think we should have drafted Favors ? I know that got us Deron Williams. And I’m not even knocking King for how DWill turned out (although the due diligence should have told him DWill’s lack of worth ethic). But he did look like one of the top PG’s in the league when he was in Utah. BUT anyone looking at Cousins could see that this guy was going to be a super-star. I remember when they brought in Cousins to go head-to-head with Favors. You could just see that Cousins was going to be something special. He had everythign you want in a big-man … He had a great post game, he could shoot … and a great (not good) rebounder. I know … I know … he’s a head case … But he and Lopez would have been the dominant big men in the league for years to come. It’s not like we had any answers at PF at that time either … The guy is Dwight Howard with a jump shot. Just dumb to have missed on that one …
I missed your posts tetsujin. Good to have you back.

I had to keep re-reading the comments suggesting Lopez was better than Cuz. I wasn't sure if I was comprehending it correctly. I never even considered them equals, let alone Lopez being better. They are just a different mold of players. Cuz is a franchise type player. Lopez is just a solid piece you want on your team.

A win here would be huge. Riding a three-game winning streak before a road trip would be great for our momentum, not to mention we'll be at full strength on this road trip for the first time since the third game of the year.

If Karl plays his hand right, we present a serious match-up problem for the Raptors. If we try to small-ball and run them out of the gym, we will get embarrassed.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whatever you do, do NOT click on the suggested trade machine trades from the Nets fans. They have been suggested by people who do not understand NBA basketball.
Are you kidding me? Those are fantastic trades.

Imagine this, we could have Marcus Smart, David Lee, James Young, Jordan Mickey (yes, THE Jordan Mickey) along with Joe Johnson and all we'd have to give up is:

DeMarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Darren Collison
Ben McLemore
and Eric Moreland.

The only bad part is that Darren Collison is in both trades so we'd likely have to give back one of the two first rounders they are proposing Boston throw in.

I smell championship.

On the other hand ESPN seems to think they are both bad trades. Their algorithm says the net result would be the Kings winning 25 fewer games. Based on their pre-season prediction that means they'd finish with 5 victories. Take THAT 2012 Charlotte Bobcats!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Are you kidding me? Those are fantastic trades.

Imagine this, we could have Marcus Smart, David Lee, James Young, Jordan Mickey (yes, THE Jordan Mickey) along with Joe Johnson and all we'd have to give up is:

DeMarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Darren Collison
Ben McLemore
and Eric Moreland.

The only bad part is that Darren Collison is in both trades so we'd likely have to give back one of the two first rounders they are proposing Boston throw in.

I smell championship.

On the other hand ESPN seems to think they are both bad trades. Their algorithm says the net result would be the Kings winning 25 fewer games. Based on their pre-season prediction that means they'd finish with 5 victories. Take THAT 2012 Charlotte Bobcats!
That trade screamed for a note like this. Thanks. :)

gunks

Hall of Famer
Lowry is a beast. Should be fun to watch him and Rondo go at it.

Cuz is going to do bad, bad things to Toronto's frontline. Bad, bad, awful things.

They probably kill us from outside tonight.... but I think we get ourselves another hard fought win.

If Gay plays plant him in the post Carrol is too little.

Also the 6-8seeds in the west records won't be as good as advertised, we need to beat the teams from the east that we play at home.

Lowry is a beast. Should be fun to watch him and Rondo go at it.

Cuz is going to do bad, bad things to Toronto's frontline. Bad, bad, awful things.

They probably kill us from outside tonight.... but I think we get ourselves another hard fought win.
If it wasn't for DeRozan, Ben would probably be on Lowry.

Rondo isn't a very good defender at all.. I hope he steps it up tonight. It really depends on Collison. If Collison is back, it'll give Rondo more energy to focus on defense and really lock his man down.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Toronto's Guards are going to be a handful... pick and roll defense and switches going to be important, I expect to see alot of Quincy Acy/ WCS and less of Koufos. Lowry, Deroan, Ross, and now Carroll, yikes. Demarre Caroll is an underrated defender.

K

KingMilz

Toronto's Guards are going to be a handful... pick and roll defense and switches going to be important, I expect to see alot of Quincy Acy/ WCS and less of Koufos. Lowry, Deroan, Ross, and now Carroll, yikes. Demarre Caroll is an underrated defender.
Been struggling all year with plantar and the new system he's in does not allow him to play as well as he did in ATL.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Another one that the team is more than capable of beating. Toronto will chuck up a lot of threes so if they are making a good clip, it's going to be a loss. I wonder if Ben will get the start tonight? or if they want to continue to bring him off the bench until he strings a few good games together.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Another one that the team is more than capable of beating. Toronto will chuck up a lot of threes so if they are making a good clip, it's going to be a loss. I wonder if Ben will get the start tonight? or if they want to continue to bring him off the bench until he strings a few good games together.
I'd keep bringing him off the bench for now.....he's playing well off the bench and its not a bad thing to let the kid continue to be comfortable and string together about a dozen or more games playing at this level.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd keep bringing him off the bench for now.....he's playing well off the bench and its not a bad thing to let the kid continue to be comfortable and string together about a dozen or more games playing at this level.
I hope the day will come when fans quit worrying about who's starting and start looking at who's getting the significant minutes in crunch time and who's out there at the end of the game. Especially since that's what our coach is focused on.

:)

Every team hits threes well against us. It's been the status quo for the last 5 years at least, probably longer. We have no perimeter defense and we suck at pick and roll defense, both of which the Raptors happen to be good at. On paper, their style does not bode well for us.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I hope the day will come when fans quit worrying about who's starting and start looking at who's getting the significant minutes in crunch time and who's out there at the end of the game. Especially since that's what our coach is focused on.

:)
Your missing my point or I didn't make it well enough. I'd keep Ben's role the same right now. He's having success. Why change that role? Probably not a big deal to other players but with a young guy who struggles with confidence at times, just keep him where he is right now and if he's playing well like last game, then he can close it out.

Let's get this one. So many times over the past 10 years we have come up to face the key game and failed. Let's not this time. Let's get this one, go to 4-7. have 3 days off before our next game, get Rudy and Seth fully back, and maybe hopefully even Darren, and then go out on the road and start working on that .500 mark.
I completely agree. In the past, there were excuses... Young, inexperienced, injured, coaching changes, owners changing.. but we don't have any of those problems right now. We should be looking to win and with the Pelicans doing pretty poorly, we need to separate ourselves from them as much as possible early in order to give ourselves more wiggle room later in the season. We also need to keep up with our other "rivals" for the 8th seed... Mavs, Suns, Jazz.