Quincy Miller

Worth a look. Think they needed to make a move since there were a number of other teams interested.
Yes on worth a look. I hope not on the second part. If they made the move because other teams were interested, that's reactionary definitely not four steps ahead.

Quincy was the guy I wanted us to draft in the 2nd round when he was still there on the board.
I'm fine with taking a flyer on him.

Quincy on a 10-day, however, does little to increase my enthusiasm in watching this team.

Yes on worth a look. I hope not on the second part. If they made the move because other teams were interested, that's reactionary definitely not four steps ahead.
I don't know if that is the only reason, only that 3-4 teams were mentioned as interested in calling him up this weekend so it may have lit the fire.

Hope he actually gets the opportunity to prove himself. Whether his game translates to the NBA or his stats were just incredibly inflated by the Reno gimmick system is anyones guess,but i hope he gets an opportunity.

rather than us just calling him up to sit on the bench just to keep other interested teams from being able to get him

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Quincy was at least rated as the #1 prospect in the D-league twice in past month. baja knows him well and he had injury I think senior year dropping his draft situation. Is all of what Moreland was an maybe a bit more.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's he known for? Defender, shooter??
Miller is a scorer and a ballhandler. He's a decent outside shooter but not a true catch and shoot outside threat as he's better creating his own looks. Super long for a SF - around 6'9" or 6'10" with a 7'3" or so wingspan. But he's thin and while he was given a bit of a pass for relatively poor quickness at Baylor due to an ACL tear his senior year in HS, from what little I saw of him with Denver it didn't seem like he was any faster then. Won't help the team on the glass but he's worth taking a shot on with Rudy hurt. Could maybe play some stretch 4 but only in certain matchups due to lack of strength on the defensive end.

I was kind of surprised to see him cut but I think he just got caught in a numbers game with the Nuggets as they had too many SFs.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quincy was at least rated as the #1 prospect in the D-league twice in past month. baja knows him well and he had injury I think senior year dropping his draft situation. Is all of what Moreland was an maybe a bit more.
Well, he's much further along as a prospect than Moreland, but he's a very different type of player. Miller is a scoring SF. Moreland is an energy, rebounding, shotblocking PF/C.

Nice signing. I think there are some NBA quality players in the DL, but they just don't get the opportunity. I hope Miller gets PT tonight. I don't think Casspi is 100% yet and Dwill is Dwill.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Quincy was the guy I wanted us to draft in the 2nd round when he was still there on the board.

Quincy on a 10-day, however, does little to increase my enthusiasm in watching this team.
How about if I bring a couple of bags of Cheeto's?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe a trade in the works?
More likely an attempt to put some points on the board, especially with our guys dropping like flies. And, as was indicated by a couple of others, there were several other teams looking at Miller. Had we not brought him up we could have lost him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Isn't it pretty standard to bring someone up for a 10-day in cases like this?

Question: The Kings "called up" Quincy Miller, does that mean he had a choice? Or did he have to go to the Kings since he's playing for our DL team?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Question: The Kings "called up" Quincy Miller, does that mean he had a choice? Or did he have to go to the Kings since he's playing for our DL team?
I think the Kings called him up before he could get an offer from anyone else. We might have a "restricted" type of clause, meaning we have the right to match an offer from other teams but I'm not at all sure.

He could have said no, but who in the DL would ever pass up a chance to get some time in the NBA and maybe stick on a roster? As far as our rights on him, it depends on if he was one of our 3 guys we're allowed to protect on our DL team, which I don't think he was.