[Game] Preseason Lakers @ Kings 10/14/2022 7 pm Pacific/10 pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there. It was awesome. The defense is palpable. It's not smoke and mirrors its effort and good defenders making up for mediocre defenders. Fox defended, really well. The majority of the game. Every time one of "Mikes guys" made a play or hit a big 3, he pumped his fist up and down. Low key Tiger Woods style.

Brown is really hard on TD. Like really hard on him. TD makes a mistake, he's yanked. They talk, and he goes back in. He calls TD over during time-outs. TD is playing minutes this year. We are 11-12 deep.

The offense has a lot of room to grow. It's not even that good right now.

The Lakers are terrible. Like so bad. LOL at the national media talking about how Pat Bev was somehow supposed to be the changer on this team.

With this team, we gotta now work on our lucks and change the perspective from "lol Kangz" to "The longest North American streak is getting broken. Let's curly up the envelope for them this time and get them all the way for once in the modern Western Civilization".

but seriously, not just a good win tonight, just feels like the spiritual successor of C-Webb's style of ball in its updated mature form.

Why wasnt this and the PHX game viewable for league pass subscribers in Monterey county?? Should I expect this problem to continue through the regular season? I could ring someone's neck right about now.

With this team, we gotta now work on our lucks and change the perspective from "lol Kangz" to "The longest North American streak is getting broken. Let's curly up the envelope for them this time and get them all the way for once in the modern Western Civilization".

but seriously, not just a good win tonight, just feels like the spiritual successor of C-Webb's style of ball in its updated mature form.
I'm waiting for the moment we can flip "Welcome to basketball hell," into a good thing due to our defense.

I was there. It was awesome. The defense is palpable. It's not smoke and mirrors its effort and good defenders making up for mediocre defenders. Fox defended, really well. The majority of the game. Every time one of "Mikes guys" made a play or hit a big 3, he pumped his fist up and down. Low key Tiger Woods style.

Brown is really hard on TD. Like really hard on him. TD makes a mistake, he's yanked. They talk, and he goes back in. He calls TD over during time-outs. TD is playing minutes this year. We are 11-12 deep.

The offense has a lot of room to grow. It's not even that good right now.

The Lakers are terrible. Like so bad. LOL at the national media talking about how Pat Bev was somehow supposed to be the changer on this team.
If Brown is that hard on TD it's because he sees there is something there snd he is trying to get it out of him. That is a good sign for TD. It shows he has all the tools yet none of the coaching so far.

TD could be a starting level SG who contributes on a championship team if his potential is realized.

Dude is that good.

russ was the best player on the floor during preseason game #1. but age is undefeated, so u may be right. still, russ on the kings? yes, please.
Serious question. Why do you talk so much crap when things are going bad but disappear when things go well for the Kings?

Said it yourself, preseason means nothing.

Right?

I want to get excited, but scared to do so. We are clearly better than the bottom of the West, but I still see us in a dogfight for the final playoff spot with Pelicans and Lakers. Injuries/trades can of course impact things, but as things stand, I think we have a legitimate shot at breaking the jinx, but it won't be easy.

I want to get excited, but scared to do so. We are clearly better than the bottom of the West, but I still see us in a dogfight for the final playoff spot with Pelicans and Lakers. Injuries/trades can of course impact things, but as things stand, I think we have a legitimate shot at breaking the jinx, but it won't be easy.
I feel ya.

I don't expect them to play like they played tonight. Laker being abysmal aside, between injuries/trades as you mentioned, the league will adjust to the way we play within a month, if that. We'll then have to see how they react when someone starts matching up to Domas full-court quarterbacking with athleticism or locks down Foxy full-court, for example.

If we could play close to tonight's level half the time, I'd be ecstatic!

Serious question. Why do you talk so much crap when things are going bad but disappear when things go well for the Kings?

Said it yourself, preseason means nothing.

Right?
Because I didn't watch the game. Did you bother to look at the timestamp before commenting, homie? Regardless, repeat after me: preseason. The Kings must be +200 now. That will certainly transfer over.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stats are finally out for the game and it looks like Domas was one assist shy of a triple double despite sitting out the last 1.5 quarters.
And the Kings as a team had 30 assists against 17 turnovers. If they can consistently get 28-30 assists while having an assist/turnover ratio around 2:1 they'll win a lot of games. And considering the new system and all the new players, the Kings have done a great job in the preseason of taking care of the ball so there's a reason for optimism there.

Because I didn't watch the game. Did you bother to look at the timestamp before commenting, homie? Regardless, repeat after me: preseason. The Kings must be +200 now. That will certainly transfer over.
“It’s just preseason” goes both ways. I think the problem is not that people don’t understand it is preseason; it is that you are relentless about highlighting the bad, and never talk about the good, regardless of it being SL, preseason, or regular season.

Last edited:
Why wasnt this and the PHX game viewable for league pass subscribers in Monterey county?? Should I expect this problem to continue through the regular season? I could ring someone's neck right about now.
For me the Sacramento feed was blacked out, but I could watch the Phoenix/LA feeds no problem.

Getting back on track…..

one thing that seems to be true this year is Monte seems to have a much better concept of fit. For the first time in his tenure I am not entering the season feeling like we have a horribly unbalanced roster.

The KZ acquisition being a sterling example of the 7 of hearts player that turns your hand into a straight flush because the fit is so good. I know he took crap for the signing but if he can slow the small forwards and Doncic in the west while also going 50% on catch and shoot corner 3’s he will be a perfect fit for that starting group.

Last edited:
Yeah I think most of us were praising the decision as a dart throw on a valuable archetype. I think Brown's comments and his early defense in the preseason have really blown our expectations out of the water of what he could actually be for us.
Shattered them. I think most of us were like, cool, 11/12th man, hopefully makes the roster, etc.

Yeah I think most of us were praising the decision as a dart throw on a valuable archetype. I think Brown's comments and his early defense in the preseason have really blown our expectations out of the water of what he could actually be for us.
I’m talking about the general public comments not the comments in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.