Predicting the 2014/2015 Kings Season

How many more (or less) games will the Kings win this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm thinking our roster is not going to look a lot different going into the regular season than it currently does as we speak, so with that being said.....

Taking our performance last season Vs your evaluation of the moves made by the FO during the offseason (whether they were good or bad, in your opinion), how many more (or less) games will the Kings win this season?

I really think its about to turn around for us. There are alot of things that can be factored into coming away with a positive outlook on next season. We no longer have a starting and backup shooting guard that cant buy a basket to save their lives. No more invisible John Salmons. No more PPAT chipping paint off of the rim. We also parted ways with one of our 20 ppg scorers. The SG that we drafted isnt lacking in any offensive skill and plays with smarts. The replacement point guard doesnt have a problem with moving the ball and he actually plays defense. The players that we have in our pg rotation can actually do a good job of stopping dribble penetration. More ball movement, more shooting ability and more defense. The team now has more time together. It is widely believed that a trade will be made that will improve the team. When you add all of these things together and you think about last year it isnt hard to expect more wins.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I'm withholding until I see who's in training camp, or if a big move is made, or the "these are the guys we're rolling with" statement from El Jefe.

As the roster stands, 30-35 wins and not much more.
With no other moves, the addition of Stauskas as a high IQ player, along Cousins and Gay being more experienced together, and with the addition of a better team player on both ends is Collison,....together, has good potential to get us 11+ wins

Based on our offseason, which I believe has been fairly successful if you ask me, I think anywhere in the 35 - 38 win range is reasonable for this team, with 35 probably being the more reasonable goal to attain. At the end of the day, I wouldn't be completely against the 30 - 34 win range either, as I do see the potential to become better, but only marginally. Anything less than 30 would be considered a complete failure, and would trickle into disaster range. Since 38 would put us at that +10 win mark, miracles would need to happen on a daily basis for that to happen, and as a result. I do not see us being a .500 or better team. If all goes as planned, and if 2014 - 2015 is deemed successful, then a .500+ record in 2015 - 2016 would be perfectly reasonable.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
As the roster is currently constructed, I'd say anywhere from 30 to 35 wins is the max potential here. I just want to see team basketball this year and team defense, the wins will eventually come. Hopefully sooner rather than later but it's a process none the less.