Predict Kevin Martin's Stats in 5 years.

29-7-4

-All NBA First Team
-NBA West All-Star team starter
-NBA MVP
-NBA Most Improved Player (after averaging 16-6-2 the year before)
-NBA Coach of the Year (as player-coach)
-NBA Finals MVP

chaps said:
good thread idea.

15-5-5 on 45% shooting

man you guys are sure giving him a lot of love.
15 pts/5 rbs/5 asts is a whole lotta love as well. i don't know that he'll ever be a great rebounder at his position. he's got great leaping ability, but i think he lacks the overall strength to ever average 5 in a season. 5 assists...also tough to imagine, considering he's much better at creating for himself off-the-ball and off-the-dribble. i won't rule it out, though. i can see him going for 15 pts/3 rbs/3 asts a game when he peaks. if anything, expect his scoring to rise. 17 pts/game doesn't seem to be overstating his talent given where he's already at. hell, 20 pts/game, though unlikely, isn't that great of a stretch if he becomes a starter and primary scoring option. its not really a question of talent. martin's got all the tools to be a 20 pts/game kind of player. its more of a question of how he's utilized.

-NBA best player in the history of the universe award
-scores 107 points in Kings 109-77 rout of the Cavaliers in game 4 of the NBA finals to propel Kings to 4-0 sweep (Lebron accidently tips in a defensive rebound to account for other 2 points)
-will experience a major growth spurt and measure in at 7-1, 280 lbs (a lot of that weight is gained when, in anger at lack of defensive intensity, he eats brad miller)
-will account for every position of the NBA 1st offensive team, except for PG, because passing is for people who can't score whenever they touch the ball
-will become the first player/owner/coach after buying the kings and appointing himself head coach, rehiring rick adelman as an assistant in the process
-invents a time machine, goes back to 2002 WCF and blocks robert horry's shot, kings win the championship

am i missing anything?

I like threads like this :D

We all knew last year during summer league he was going to be improved.

Ok for the stats....

In his 5th year he will avg......

23ppg - 5rpg - 3apg - 1.5spg - 49%FG - 42%3pt - 89%FT

He will be an all-star reserve, but will have considerations all over the place (1st team D, all NBA, ect ect but not get any of it just yet)

I'm giving him love, and am going overboard on the stats, but he will be a great player down the line. I said last year that he might one day be our first choice on offense!

OK realistic statline is probally....

17ppg - 4rpg - 3apg - 1spg - 45%FG - 39%3pt - 87%FT (that's still pretty damn good for a late first rounder). He will be one of the top 10 draft picks for his year when said and done.

Making that shot in the SA game in the POs probally just gave his career a shot in the arm. (if it even needed it). He will get play time based on that. Like Dee Brown got play time based on his slam dunk contest.

Last edited:
captain bill said:
-NBA best player in the history of the universe award
-scores 107 points in Kings 109-77 rout of the Cavaliers in game 4 of the NBA finals to propel Kings to 4-0 sweep (Lebron accidently tips in a defensive rebound to account for other 2 points)
Cavs-Kings finale... that's a dream come true for me. Wouldn't know (or care) who to root for.

Padrino said:
15 pts/5 rbs/5 asts is a whole lotta love as well. i don't know that he'll ever be a great rebounder at his position. he's got great leaping ability, but i think he lacks the overall strength to ever average 5 in a season. 5 assists...also tough to imagine, considering he's much better at creating for himself off-the-ball and off-the-dribble. i won't rule it out, though. i can see him going for 15 pts/3 rbs/3 asts a game when he peaks. if anything, expect his scoring to rise. 17 pts/game doesn't seem to be overstating his talent given where he's already at. hell, 20 pts/game, though unlikely, isn't that great of a stretch if he becomes a starter and primary scoring option. its not really a question of talent. martin's got all the tools to be a 20 pts/game kind of player. its more of a question of how he's utilized.
Uh...K-Mart averaged 3.6 rebounds per game this year in only 26 min/game. Are you saying he's gonna be a worse rebounder in his peak than he is now? He also grabbed more boards per 48 minutes than Ron Artest did this season. I'd say K-Mart is a pretty good rebounder for a 2.

walker60 said:
Uh...K-Mart averaged 3.6 rebounds per game this year in only 26 min/game. Are you saying he's gonna be a worse rebounder in his peak than he is now? He also grabbed more boards per 48 minutes than Ron Artest did this season. I'd say K-Mart is a pretty good rebounder for a 2.
i meant to further explain. much of that--like bonzi's inflated rebounding numbers--was due to the fact that the kings are a poor rebounding team in general. if the kings get a couple solid rebounding big men, look to see bonzi's and kevin's rebounding numbers dip a bit. rebounding, unlike scoring, isn't necessarily something that rises with age. it may or may not rise with increased minutes, but k-mart, in his peak, will be no more of a leaper than he is today, and chances are the kings won't be a horrible rebounding team forever.

Padrino said:
i meant to further explain. much of that--like bonzi's inflated rebounding numbers--was due to the fact that the kings are a poor rebounding team in general. if the kings get a couple solid rebounding big men, look to see bonzi's and kevin's rebounding numbers dip a bit. rebounding, unlike scoring, isn't necessarily something that rises with age. it may or may not rise with increased minutes, but k-mart, in his peak, will be no more of a leaper than he is today, and chances are the kings won't be a horrible rebounding team forever.
Ya I would agree to that to some degree. Bonzi got 7.7 boards a game! Like you said though...probably not gonna happen on a team with good rebounding bigs.

My prediction BTW:

17.5 ppg (depending on who we have), 5.2 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.8 spg, and a really good defender. Something along those lines...??

Last edited:

NJO

Prospect
14 ppg 4rpg 4apg
49% FG
37% 3's
92% FT
Sixth Man of the Year Award winner 2 straight years.

If we resign Bonzi no way he will ever start with us.
Unless he gains muscle no way he will ever be a decent starter.
I see top swingman in his future. Nothing wrong with that.

A

AriesMar27

17pts/4reb/2stl/3ast.... but will lead the league in 3pt and ft% and the team in fg%....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Considering how verbal both Joe and Gavin have been about the resigning of Bonzi being a high priority, I think he's gonna be back... at least for a while.

I liked the look of the Bibby/Kevin/Bonzi/Ron/Miller five we saw a little this year. I think we're developing a much more flexible core of players and I'm excited to see how Musselman makes use of the various combinations available to him. I think he'll be willing to be a little less rigid than Adelman generally was.

I think he'll be averaging at least 20 pts a game with consistent mins. The guy has a knack for scoring, he's great at faking out his defender, driving/ spinning to the hole or even spotting up for the three. He can do it all, and I wouldn't be amazed if becomes on of the top scorers in the league a few years from now. What he needs to really improve is his defense to be considered a balanced player and I believe Artest can help him in that department atleast in terms of putting forth the effort. I really can't predict his rebounding and assist numbers though.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hi end: 21pts 5reb 2ast 1.5stl

Lo end: 14pts 4rebs 1ast 1stl (which actually translates to more like 10 3 and 1 since that's not a high quality starter, and he'd likely be moved to the bench).

Reality? Unknown. We had this exact same thread for Hedo about 4-5 years ago. Everybody was predicting low end 18ppg scorer, hi-end superstar stuff. Everybody was wrong. We'll have to see with Kevin.

Well, after Hedo got injured he was led to the end of the bench with Pollard. Orlando has been a good stop for Hedo as Charlotte for Wallace.

Petrie drafted well. The other half didn't do their job.

ForlornKing said:
No Defensive player of the year?

KMart might lead the league in steals one day because of his great anticipation, but I don't see him as defensive player of the year because although he's a good on-ball defender...he's not Ron Artest calibur.

I could see Cisco getting it one day though. He can play straight-up on-ball D, and can block shots on help-side rotation...and he's a good anticipator in the passing lanes.

Bricklayer said:
Hi end: 21pts 5reb 2ast 1.5stl

Lo end: 14pts 4rebs 1ast 1stl (which actually translates to more like 10 3 and 1 since that's not a high quality starter, and he'd likely be moved to the bench).

Reality? Unknown. We had this exact same thread for Hedo about 4-5 years ago. Everybody was predicting low end 18ppg scorer, hi-end superstar stuff. Everybody was wrong. We'll have to see with Kevin.
Well, HEdo is getting there...it's just in a different uniform. He played really well for ORlando toward the end of the season and seems to fit in well there. I wouldn't be suprised if he averaged 18 and 7 this year.

Amanjoy said:
Well, HEdo is getting there...it's just in a different uniform. He played really well for ORlando toward the end of the season and seems to fit in well there. I wouldn't be suprised if he averaged 18 and 7 this year.
However...I don't think he'll be a superstar...but a solid contributor...definitely.