Power Rankings, Week of 2/22

Will we?

• Total voters

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
old_guys_6.gif
I traded in sorrow for beer. I think I came out ahead.
Aaaaand...here we go. This is it. The last chance to make a "serious" run at the postseason. If you had any questions about this team's mental makeup, you'll find your answers during the next three weeks. It's time to surprise some teams again. On to the rankings!

NBA.com
#21 (+1)
It's not a good sign when it's considered a positive that you didn't make any changes to a 22-31 team at the trade deadline. DeMarcus Cousins is only 25 and has two years left on his contract, but unless the Kings make a big run over the next seven weeks, their playoff drought will hit 10 seasons and there will be serious pressure on their front office to get its act together (in regard to the coach and the roster) this summer.

ESPN
#23 (+1)
Anthony Davis can't hog all the headlines. Not when DeMarcus Cousins just recorded his fourth game in the past five seasons with at least 35 points and 20 boards when the rest of the league has combined for four such games in the same span. Yet we're not sure how much longer we can make the case that the Kings are still in the race for No. 8 in the West. You tell us: Are they?

Sports Illustrated
#24 (+2)
Coming back from the break with two wins, though against non-playoff caliber teams, was nice. That said, it’s been an entire month since the Kings held an opponent under 100 points. With the Spurs, Clippers and Thunder on deck this week, it could be a while before the clean-up crew arrives.

CBS Sports
#25 (+3)
I've been repeating the same mantra about the Kings this season: Every time it seems like they're going to implode, they rattle off a winning streak. Since the "the Kings are going to fire Karl in the next 48 hours," Sacramento has won two straight to pull back from the precipice. Stay tuned for the next episode of this soap opera.

NBC Sports
#24 (+1)
The good news for Kings fans is that Vlade Divac (or whoever) talked Vivek Ranadive out out of making a future-killing trade in an effort to make the playoffs this season. But it’s hard to see how even great play fromDeMarcus Cousins (this season isn’t on him) will not get the Kings to the playoffs, and that extends the drought to 10 years, the longest streak without a postseason appearance in the NBA.

Mean Ranking: 23.4

NBC Sports
#24 (+1)
The good news for Kings fans is that Vlade Divac (or whoever) talked Vivek Ranadive out out of making a future-killing trade in an effort to make the playoffs this season. But it’s hard to see how even great play fromDeMarcus Cousins (this season isn’t on him) will not get the Kings to the playoffs, and that extends the drought to 10 years, the longest streak without a postseason appearance in the NBA.

Mean Ranking: 23.4
Doesn't Minnesota hold the current longest streak?