Possible Blockbuster?

piksi

Hall of Famer
Heuge said:
So are you saying that T-Mac, LeBron James, AI, VC, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Amare Staudamire, are all not superstars because they played for a sub .500 team last year. Come on, let's take off the "I love Pedja glasses" and look at things objectively. :rolleyes:
That is exactly what I am saying.

Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki

That is it.

piksi said:
how about his last years play offs numbers ?
Well, they weren't his best, but I can post those too.

'03-'04: 4 games, 20.8ppg, 8.8rpg, 2.5apg, 1.25stl
I think they got swept by Indiana in the first round that year? And they were all blowout losses because they were overmatched up front?

Kev.in said:

I think they got swept by Indiana in the first round that year? And they were all blowout losses because they were overmatched up front?
Included in those games was a 9 point "pejaesque" output from Pierce. Had games of 27 pts and 7 rbs. and 27 points and 11 rbs as well.

Kev.in said:

Now Pedja... 17.5ppg 7.0rpg 1.5 apg 1.8 stl

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kev.in said:

and he shot in low 40%. Also You did not mentioned turnovers. There is always an excuse for being swept.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Heuge said:
Now Pedja... 17.5ppg 7.0rpg 1.5 apg 1.8 stl
Sure but I never claimed that Pedja was a superstar.

What are Pedja's numbers when Webber did not play. Have not been many games but there is a big difference when You play with "Iverson" and when You do not.

Check This Link Out ...

Some of you may already know about this place ... I just got turned onto it from another website:

Once in ... click on TRADE CHECKER in the left-hand column.

http://www.realgm.com

If you've ever wondered if DOLLARS & SENSE .... this place considers all the PLUSES-N-MINUSES ...

Have Fun !!!

Last edited:
piksi said:
Superstar :rolleyes:

Boston is sub 0.500 team. They do not have a superstar.

Pierce is clutch :rolleyes:

When You have the ball all the time couple of the shots will go in. If a person shoots 100 balls and hits 5 - and that makes him clutch - than I guess he is.
A week ago, Minnesota was a sub 0.500 team. Does that mean KG isn't a superstar? :confused:

piksi said:
Superstar :rolleyes:

Boston is sub 0.500 team. They do not have a superstar.

Pierce is clutch :rolleyes:

When You have the ball all the time couple of the shots will go in. If a person shoots 100 balls and hits 5 - and that makes him clutch - than I guess he is.
I agree with piksi that Peja might be a little more effective offensively on the Kings since Pierce is a volume shooter and would have to shoot a higher percentage. However, Pierce is most certainly a much better all-around player than Peja is. He is known to have the clutch ability (5 shots out of a 100 is better than airballs in the western conference finals) and is a significantly better defensively. Peja happens to be one of my favorite players but Pierce is obviously a little better of a player overall.

piksi said:
Sure but I never claimed that Pedja was a superstar.

What are Pedja's numbers when Webber did not play. Have not been many games but there is a big difference when You play with "Iverson" and when You do not.
Why does everything come back to webber? Peja has played with Webber almost his entire career. Before Webber's big injury, Peja still had a habit of fading in the playoffs. Whether Webb is there or not, Peja seems to have drops in his statistics in the postseason. The truth is that he is not a proven playoff performer at this stage of his career - a fact that cannot be blamed on anyone else.

acisking said:
Why does everything come back to webber? Peja has played with Webber almost his entire career. Before Webber's big injury, Peja still had a habit of fading in the playoffs. Whether Webb is there or not, Peja seems to have drops in his statistics in the postseason. The truth is that he is not a proven playoff performer at this stage of his career - a fact that cannot be blamed on anyone else.
Well, according to some people Webber is the devil :mad:

Just for fun...

Atlanta trades:
PF Antoine Walker (20.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.7 apg in 40.2 minutes)
Atlanta receives:
PF Chris Webber (21.4 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 5.0 apg in 35.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.4 ppg, +0.1 rpg, and +1.3 apg.
Boston trades:
SF Paul Pierce (21.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 4.2 apg in 36.2 minutes)
Boston receives:
SF Peja Stojakovic (20.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 39.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, -2.5 rpg, and -2.4 apg.
Sacramento trades:
Sacramento receives:
Change in team outlook: +0.2 ppg, +2.4 rpg, and +1.1 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED

Would you do it?

Because Walker and Pierce have established that together they are an unstoppable force, right?

It should be the Kings goal to rebuild themselves in the image of the 2002 Celtics

MyKidsDad said:
Just for fun...

Atlanta trades:
Atlanta receives:
Change in team outlook: +1.4 ppg, +0.1 rpg, and +1.3 apg.
Boston trades:
Boston receives:
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, -2.5 rpg, and -2.4 apg.
Sacramento trades:
Sacramento receives:
Change in team outlook: +0.2 ppg, +2.4 rpg, and +1.1 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED

Would you do it?
I'm cursing Folsom Al right now for giving out realgm.com.

That actually would be a good trade if we just wanted to throw away this season.

Boston made it to the Eastern Conference finals two years in a row with those two and who else did they have? Tony Delk, Bimbo Coles, Mark Blount, etc.

Certainly not Bibby, Cat, and Miller caliber players.

I wouldn't trade Webber for Walker straight up but to make the salaries work you've got to give up a big salary (or half your team).

Ryle said:
That actually would be a good trade if we just wanted to throw away this season.
I agree!!

Please..NO WALKER for me! He's known as one of the worst/overrated NBA players. He jacks up 3s when he can't even make most of them!?

I think Peja is a great player, but for the good of the team it would be beneficial to get Paul Pierce in the lineup. Assuming there is any hope of doing so. Besides, we all know Peja isnt happy here. He wants to be traded so Petrie should do both Peja and the team a favor and trade him for Pierce.

L.A. resident - Kings Fan

G_M said:
Webber has a no trade clause in his contract. Do you really think hre would accept a trade to Atlanta?

Maybe NY or Miami.
didnt Webb buy a nice home in atlanta recently?

NY seems the most plausible team that we could send Webb too though...

If the Hawks let us have Walker for nothing and agreed to continue paying his contract while he played for the Kings I still wouldnt take him. No Walker, No Payton. We want to improve the team not send it down the toilet.

L.A. resident - Kings Fan

MyKidsDad said:
Boston made it to the Eastern Conference finals two years in a row with those two and who else did they have? Tony Delk, Bimbo Coles, Mark Blount, etc.

Certainly not Bibby, Cat, and Miller caliber players.

I wouldn't trade Webber for Walker straight up but to make the salaries work you've got to give up a big salary (or half your team).
Key words: EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS

The years that the Celtics actually went anywhere in the playoffs were the years in which the the Eastern Conference reached the peak of it's mediocrity as compared to the Western Conference. That stretch of time was a period in which the Western Conference Finals were considered "The Real NBA Finals," no matter who played that year. You proposed possibly the most horrible trade in Sacramento Kings history, no offense. People complain about volume shooters, and you bring up one of the worst offenders in the entire league. Antoine Walker is a step backward in a search for a championship. You saw how he did as a Western Conference forward last year with Dallas; he doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Duncan, Garnett, Webber, Brand, and even Kenyon Martin. And yes, folsomAl, that was a bad idea bringing that site to the attention of the masses. Just look at the RealGM forums. In all my time perusing that site, there was maybe 2 or 3 decent trades proposed out of hundreds and thousands of insanely awful ones. Remember: "With great power comes great responsibility." We'll forgive you this time, lol. ;)

WalMatt23 said:
didnt Webb buy a nice home in atlanta recently?
Yeah he did. But he said that it was for a family member or something. He said he has lots of family and friends living in/closeby Atlanta.