• He should be fired

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Jazzy NBA 2.0 baby!

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • He is a weasel / gerbil

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Pitchforks / Torches are inevitable

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Give me refund - STH, Cable bill, etc.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I gave up already

Votes: 37 33.9%

• Total voters
I haven't seen anyone acquire - and then blow through - so much good will since George W. Bush. I think Vivec's people are keenly aware of the shellacking his brand is taking as a result of the fallout from the Malone firing. Pete's seat has got to be rapidly warming because it's very bad for business, and you gotta know that is getting Vivec's attention.

He should be fired as soon as possible. When youre paid a salary of over a million dollars per year youre expected to do a good job. PDA squandered all of the progress that the team made and set the franchise back. PDA conceived the idea to fire malone, suggested it to Vivek, and executed his plan to fire him. He should have been fired as soon as the team backslid after the Malone firing and the necessity to fire him grows everyday that he hasnt been fired.

I think he's an idiot.
Still a tiny piece of me left hoping their's some kind of plan in place. But its shrinking with an end date of the trade deadline.

He is not an idiot.
He should be fired.
Give me a refund.

I think Pete is a smart guy with a certain point of view that, in fact, might be reasonable overall. But, it was a massive, fire-able, ****up to fire Michael Malone. I don't mean just the timing of it - I mean the very decision itself. If Vivek was impatient, Pete should have asked for patience on Malone's behalf. If Pete had little better wisdom, he would have seen that Malone was spinning gold out of straw and that they were on a trajectory to succeed together.

Pete flushed all that in one giant blunder - and now the only way for Vivek to recover the lost momentum on behalf of his co-owners, is to fire Pete, make Mullin the GM, and hire Karl as the coach.

And... I want a token partial refund of my STH money based on the brand-diluting fire sales that the Kings have been running on ticket prices the last few months.

But I don't hate Pete. I just think he should do the honorable thing and fall on his sword now. Mullin for GM. Karl for coach. And the fan base is won over anew.

He is not an idiot.
He should be fired.
Give me a refund.

I think Pete is a smart guy with a certain point of view that, in fact, might be reasonable overall. But, it was a massive, fire-able, ****up to fire Michael Malone. I don't mean just the timing of it - I mean the very decision itself. If Vivek was impatient, Pete should have asked for patience on Malone's behalf. If Pete had little better wisdom, he would have seen that Malone was spinning gold out of straw and that they were on a trajectory to succeed together.

Pete flushed all that in one giant blunder - and now the only way for Vivek to recover the lost momentum on behalf of his co-owners, is to fire Pete, make Mullin the GM, and hire Karl as the coach.

And... I want a token partial refund of my STH money based on the brand-diluting fire sales that the Kings have been running on ticket prices the last few months.

But I don't hate Pete. I just think he should do the honorable thing and fall on his sword now. Mullin for GM. Karl for coach. And the fan base is won over anew.
Why would you want Mullin anywhere near where decisions are made? PDA didn't go by himself to Vegas. You may be going from the frying pan into the fire.

He is not an idiot.
He should be fired.
Give me a refund.

I'm totally onboard except for the "Mullen for GM" part... I really want someone experienced in that role. I do think Pete's a smart guy, and he'd probably be a fine advisor for the real (read "grownup") GM.

It sounds like the FO has season ticketholders over a barrel, because if they give up their tickets now they lose their "place in line" when the new arena opens. For those who have any glimmer of hope at all, it may not be worth it to make the ultimate statement of non-renewal.

Why would you want Mullin anywhere near where decisions are made? PDA didn't go by himself to Vegas. You may be going from the frying pan into the fire.
I think Vivek is awed by Mullin's "star power" and therefore Mullin will be the defacto GM no matter what. Might as well pin the results to him as well.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I would add the option "Only part of the problem." I of course know nothing but from the outside it seems to me as if PDA AND Mullin brought a vision of GSW Redux and easily sold that vision to Ranadive. At this point it almost sounds like "group think" when these guys talk. So fireing Pete only to replace him with another insider will just get more of the same. This will end eventually. At some point loss after loss becomes impossible to explain away and ultimately becomes the only real evidence of success or failure. Of course the problem for fans is how long and how many will it take? If ownership dose NOT fire PDA before this off season then maybe the best thing is for him get MORE control, get his man as head coach and watch the train wreak go down fast and hard next season.

Of course I'd prefer he get the ax NOW and pray that in a series of interviews with experienced competent candidates the whole idea of fast paced high scoring neo-Nellyball gets crushed out of Ranadive's mind. So we can get a GM who gets it, and a coach he or she can work with to produce a top quality team with DMC and Rudy at it's core.

But until the IDEA of playing fast paced crap is banished like a leper from a midevil hamlet, simply driving out PDA only makes it easier to keep the bad ideas while blaming a sacrificial lamb.

I'm totally onboard except for the "Mullen for GM" part... I really want someone experienced in that role. I do think Pete's a smart guy, and he'd probably be a fine advisor for the real (read "grownup") GM.

It sounds like the FO has season ticketholders over a barrel, because if they give up their tickets now they lose their "place in line" when the new arena opens. For those who have any glimmer of hope at all, it may not be worth it to make the ultimate statement of non-renewal.
True about he "over a barrel" part. One thing I'm mulling is to renew, then relocate to the least expensive available seat when they have the relocation event - perhaps a reaonable gamble that there will be some good mid-court uppers opening up, or first few rows of the upper level baseline.

That way I would preserve a place in line and save thousands next season. But doing that would cost me my lone remaining partner and be a bit risky from that standpoint - I'd have to find a new partner or two. But that might be a way to go for me.

I think Vivek is awed by Mullin's "star power" and therefore Mullin will be the defacto GM no matter what. Might as well pin the results to him as well.
Vivek works with technology. The data is in front of him. I would hope the results are already "pinned" to him. I suspect at the end of the day, you will be right.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
looks like we are going to continue to beat this thing to death huh...
Interesting choice of words. Yes as a matter of fact. I have decided I am going to keep throwing logs on the fire until he either fixes the mess he and his boss created, or he gets fired and chased right out of town by a mob with pitchforks. The stupidity will stop, or I intend to have his head. Consider it a pioneering step in targeted fan discontent. We deserve better. You deserve better. Boogie deserves better. He has legitimately pissed me off.

I read on Twitter he was gonna be on the news last night...anyone catch that?
I watched it. He said he was recently talking with coach Corbin about how things are getting better in the locker room - basically doubling down on the "Ty is the coach" deal.
He was asked about trades and he said "my whole staff and I are working hard on it".

He honestly looked to me like an uncomfortable stressed out dude, but that was just my read from the video.

It was definitely NOT worth waiting up for - I'm sure the guys on the bus to the Warriors game got more info than the dumb Fox 40 reporter.

He should be fired as soon as possible. When youre paid a salary of over a million dollars per year youre expected to do a good job. PDA squandered all of the progress that the team made and set the franchise back. PDA conceived the idea to fire malone, suggested it to Vivek, and executed his plan to fire him. He should have been fired as soon as the team backslid after the Malone firing and the necessity to fire him grows everyday that he hasnt been fired.
As I see it, Vivek had a grand idea to hire a great no nonsense up and coming coach. Vivek then realizes that a no nonsense coach also doesn't take bull from the owner, and conjured up the idea to fire him. PDA, who was never consulted on the hiring in first place, agreed. You think that little weasel has the audacity to fire a coach who was handpicked from the owner? Come on.

Let's not forget who's running the show. The guy who consistently talks about his vision, talks about reaching India with a new brand of basketball. This is the guy who's basketball CV consists all of a pee wee championship of a girls team. And he thought he could push for cherrypicking on the NBA level.

This isn't PDA's doing. PDA is the mediocre GM with zero backbone. PDA didn't protest, yes. But if you read between the lines, it's all Vivek. You should look at the owner who's got his hand stuffed far up PDA in order to make him his little puppet mouthpiece.

The question is if they fire PDA, who do they bring in? Vivek is going to want a yes man. So he isn't going to be any different from PDA. Unfortunately this comes from the top down and you can't fire your owner. Our only hope is for the team to continue to suck so bad that fans consistently decide not to show up for games. Maybe some humble pie will let him turn the keys over to a real GM that has the ability to take control.

PDA "conceived the idea to fire Malone"? What exactly are you basing this on? There are plenty of things about PDA's tenure to take issue with without the need to pull 'facts' out of your ass.

I don't wanna question this man' intelligence off the court but his basketball acumen is pee poor. He trades away or he lets go of assets that could help out this team tremendously.

-trading away robin lopez
-letting go of wayne ellington
-giving up TWO second round picks to get rid of Jason Terry's contract (who's contract would look mighty valuable right about now)
-trading away luc mbah
-not trading back to get another first round pick in 2014. (I'm not going to knock him selecting Nik with the pick, but not trading back is my main beef)

I know there's a couple more that I'm forgetting. And I'm not going to even mention Carl Landry's contract.........

He signed DMC to a long-term contract.
He traded away pieces of not much to Toronto for Rudy Gay.
He signed Rudy Gay to a longer, and much more reasonable contract.
He decided not to overpay IT in place of signing DC to a more reasonable contract with similar talent level.

It has not been all bad in a year and half - certainly not perfect. He is clearly not an idiot.

Interesting choice of words. Yes as a matter of fact. I have decided I am going to keep throwing logs on the fire until he either fixes the mess he and his boss created, or he gets fired and chased right out of town by a mob with pitchforks. The stupidity will stop, or I intend to have his head. Consider it a pioneering step in targeted fan discontent. We deserve better. You deserve better. Boogie deserves better. He has legitimately pissed me off.

Totally agree. This is not a pointless exercise. Public pressure keeps it in the headlines and creates the things that motivate change.

Don't doubt that the FO would LOVE it if we'd all just "stop beating this mangy, tired, old dead horse. "

He signed DMC to a long-term contract.
He traded away pieces of not much to Toronto for Rudy Gay.
He signed Rudy Gay to a longer, and much more reasonable contract.
He decided not to overpay IT in place of signing DC to a more reasonable contract with similar talent level.

It has not been all bad in a year and half - certainly not perfect. He is clearly not an idiot.
No, it has not been all bad. But then he went and threw it out with the bath water.

PDA "conceived the idea to fire Malone"? What exactly are you basing this on? There are plenty of things about PDA's tenure to take issue with without the need to pull 'facts' out of your ass.
"The Kings’ basketball think tankers – Pete D’Alessandro, Chris Mullin, Mike Bratz – began lobbying Ranadive for a coaching change several weeks ago. According to the owner, D’Alessandro and Mullin flew to Las Vegas eight days ago, where he was attending a software conference, and persuaded him to change coaches, partly to change the culture but mainly to start scrapping the old offense. The push was on to replace the isolation plays and sluggish tempo with a faster pace, ball and body movement, quicker decisions, smaller lineups, and in essence, a more creative, free-flowing system.

“When they both flew in on the earliest flight that morning and wanted to meet with me,” Ranadive added, “I knew they were pretty serious. This was different. I told Pete to do what he thought best.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article4544925.html#storylink=cpy

PS - 8 days ago at the time of this article would be dec 8th, the day of Malone's analytics is BS quote. This firing was personal, and it was GM vs Coach. At least that's how Vivek tells it. Vivek let it happen and takes the ultimate blame, but the way he tells it, his brain trust told him to do it.

PS - 8 days ago at the time of this article would be dec 8th, the day of Malone's analytics is BS quote. This firing was personal, and it was GM vs Coach. At least that's how Vivek tells it. Vivek let it happen and takes the ultimate blame, but the way he tells it, his brain trust told him to do it.
When this off-season begins (if not before), I hope Vivek has a good recollection moment.

i remain firmly in the "fire PDA" camp, and primarily because of his claim that he wouldn't have cared how many wins that michael malone may have been able to amass with a completely healthy roster, he still would have fired him. i simply cannot fathom such arrogance from a first-time gm, and i simply cannot abide a front office that values its on-court philosophy over legitimate culture change, defensive improvement, and measurable gains in the win column, especially when the philosophy in question is burdened by considerable inexperience...

pete d'alessandro's resume doesn't exactly sparkle with on-court acumen. that said, i'm always going to be unlikely to side with an ex-lawyer/ex-player agent over a basketball lifer like mike malone who was milking results from a roster that is, quite frankly, not nearly as talented as the front office seems to believe. until PDA gives me a tangible reason to buy into his "vision," he's skating across the thinnest of ice. i'm already incensed by the new regime's decision to unnecessarily throw away this season, and by the empty platitudes and lofty abstractions they used to justify such a decision. it's all talk, at this point, and i need to see the on-court representation of "nba 3.0" yield results in the win column as soon as humanly possible. if the start of next season is not as promising as the start to this season was, then there is no question in my mind that PDA should be fired, especially since we can't call for the owner to be fired. but we can hope that vivek ranadive learns from his mistakes...