Poll Kings Win Total

What will the Kings Season Win Total for 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were on track to 37-40, IMHO
(I voted 38 at the beginning of the season and felt comfortable about it)

Now I believe it will be between 30 and 32.

A lot of teams are gearing up to tank so it is difficult to predict. I looked at the schedule and see 6 wins for the Kings which puts the win total at 31 games.

The schedule is soft down the stretch. With Boogie we would have pushed 40 wins. We have less talent right now than most teams (maybe all teams) but it's such a soft run we're really in a precarious spot. We need to lose as many as possible and more of these games are going to be close than I'd like.

There's 11 games against teams with similar records or worse to us. If we split those and lose what we're supposed to that puts us at 30 or 31. Last year that would mean between 5-7 th pick which would be good... but it's a much better draft this year so more incentive for tanking. We'll see

Where's under 28 option? This team just gave Nets their second win in their last 29 in Sacramento! March Madness teams might be a soft schedule for Kings, not one full of NBA teams.

We will be lucky to win another game at all at this rate. Hell, good teams could play us 4 on 5 and still likely win.
Don't give anyone ideas! They may do it and succeed and then Vivek would say "I knew it!" and you know what happens next .................

I predicted 36 wins at beginning of season. But bit hesitant since that was their ceiling I felt. Now I'm less hesitant voting confidently 28-31. Kings always win 28 or 29 stinking games, same 'ol, same 'ol.

Last edited:
Where's under 28 option? This team just gave Nets their second win in their last 29 in Sacramento! March Madness teams might be a soft schedule for Kings, not one full of NBA teams.
Nets also had the lead from the first points that should let you know we won't even win 2-3 more games.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
The Kings bite, no doubt about it. At best this team has some potential players and a well regarded coach. The GM has knee caped this roster to the point that if the team wants to win anymore games they will have to depend on either enormous luck OR if, and I do mean if, coach Jeoger is inspiring, tenacious and crafty the team will need to figure out how to steal some games through grit and very aggressive defense. I have said in other threads that the only way I can see our line up out scoring ANY opponent is in the open court. That being said if the coach is the guy I think he is and players buy into a "we have noting to loose so leave it all on the court" mentality I can see the Kings stealing a few wins, how many and from who is anyone's guess but I figure why not 7 or so, call me an optimist.

There's still 8-10 soft games left. I originally hadn't counted the pelicans as winnable but they aren't coming together like I thought they would. We've looked hopeless the last couple games but with a young team it's going to be up and down so I'm sure we'll see a couple more games like the Nuggets game. Hopefully we can stay under 30 wins and wind up with the 5th or 6th worst record. Then we cross our fingers the pels don't move up in the draft.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't even think about wins any more. I just want to see basketball...real basketball. If they play hard and lose, I'm fine. If they look like a bunch of kids who just happened upon a box of Kings jerseys to wear at their playground, I don't know how much longer I can even watch. This sucks.