Play-in games discussion

Looking more likely it'll be the warriors. Not looking forward to curry's 50 and looney's dominance over sabonis and of course the kings being screwed by the refs.

It is not. If the Kings win and the lakers win, then Pelicans will be seventh, lakers will be eighth and Kings will be ninth. Kings can only avoid the single-elimination 9/10 matchup if they win and the lakers lose.
So we're basically out of the playoffs at this point, because it's unlikely that the Pels are going to win?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Kyle just mentioned "the only thing we know is that the Kings play their first game on Tuesday"
You know what? You're right and I'm wrong. I was basing that on last year, when they scheduled the east and west 7/8 games on the same day, and the 9/10 east and west games on the same day. I did not anticipate that they would schedule both the 7/8 and 9/10 games for the same conference on the same day... that's kind of dumb, actually.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You know what? You're right and I'm wrong. I was basing that on last year, when they scheduled the east and west 7/8 games on the same day, and the 9/10 east and west games on the same day. I did not anticipate that they would schedule both the 7/8 and 9/10 games for the same conference on the same day... that's kind of dumb, actually.
That does mean that both teams in the second play-in game (the 7/8 loser vs. the 9/10 winner) will get the same amount of rest though. Which could be relevant for us.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think we all know how this is all gonna play out…
Lakers beat the Pelicans to take the 7 seed
Warriors beat us and the Pels back to back to claim the 8 and the NBA breathes a sigh of relief as Durant, LeBron and Curry are all in playoff series. I’ll be shocked if it plays out any other way.
It would be very peculiar if somehow the Pels and Kings both advance. I’ll say that much.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I certainly would have preferred to see the Kings headed into the post-season playing their best basketball. Limping in after a series of deflating close losses as we fumble the 6 seed out of bounds sucks. But I'm also glad after all that when I see that we're now facing GS in an elimination game. I don't believe in ducking bad match-ups. The Kings have waited all year for another chance to eliminate GS in a win or go home match and now they'll get their chance. In a way, getting that specific monkey off their back is more important to this team's development than winning a playoff series.

Kings will have to beat the Warriors at home on Wednesday and then beat the loser of Tuesday's lakers/Pelicans game on Friday, just to get the eighth seed.
Right so your options are:

Beat both major markets and major NBA stars in back to back games

Or

Beat Golden State and beat the Pels at their home which is your worst match-up in the league.

Our odds of making the playoffs is probably 10-15%

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member